Any West TN players?

Vol4Ever

Hey everyone. New here, but long time RC hobbyist and I've played sims all the way back to Bruce Artwick's original DOS version. Also LOVE Great Planes RealFlight which is a realistic RC simulator.

Been interested in DCS for quite a while as it appears to be a technical marvel. Watched tons of YouTube videos. Is there anyone here in the Memphis, TN area, specifically Germantown / Collierville / Fayette County? Please PM me if you'd be open to get together sometime. I'd like to see a working copy with someone who knows what they're doing.Really like the FA/18 model and definitely want to get into VR (complete newb therel).

Thanks in advance.

~Vol

HOMEBREW RIG:

MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge Mobo, Ryzen 7 3.9 GHz octo-core, 32 GB RAM, GeForce 1660 Ti, 512 GB Rocket NVMe SSD, 4 TB HDD, Oculus Quest 128 GB, Warthog HOTAS & Pedals (finally!!)

MODULES:

F/A-18C Hornet, Persian Gulf Map, Nevada Test Range Map

relocated to Japan

That may be just a wee bit far for a DCS demo! :D

I'm wondering if there's a way to search Location field in profiles for those that chose to fill it in, but all I can find is the usual topic & message search stuff. Tried different keywords in case someone had put in a message somewhere, but no luck there either. Lots of hits on "Memphis Belle" though. LOL

HOMEBREW RIG:

MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge Mobo, Ryzen 7 3.9 GHz octo-core, 32 GB RAM, GeForce 1660 Ti, 512 GB Rocket NVMe SSD, 4 TB HDD, Oculus Quest 128 GB, Warthog HOTAS & Pedals (finally!!)

MODULES:

Hey everyone. New here, but long time RC hobbyist and I've played sims all the way back to Bruce Artwick's original DOS version. Also LOVE Great Planes RealFlight which is a realistic RC simulator.

Been interested in DCS for quite a while as it appears to be a technical marvel. Watched tons of YouTube videos. Is there anyone here in the Memphis, TN area, specifically Germantown / Collierville / Fayette County? Please PM me if you'd be open to get together sometime. I'd like to see a working copy with someone who knows what they're doing.Really like the FA/18 model and definitely want to get into VR (complete newb therel).

Thanks in advance.

~Vol

You do realize that DCS is a free download, right? Comes with two free full fidelity planes and a fully featured Caucuses map. Plus other modules are on sale right now and you can pick up some of them for a few dollars.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

You do realize that DCS is a free download, right?

Yes. I have it. It's just on a pretty old computer with outdated hardware. I'd like to get a more hands-on demo from a seasoned player to see if I like it enough for what would probably be a decent cash outlay (PC upgrade, flight stick, VR, etc). I have nothing on my machine with VR & I want to at least try it for a few minutes & watch someone who knows what they are doing fly an actual mission.

~Vol

HOMEBREW RIG:

MODULES: