ipad CDU app

This might be old news to some (or even most!) but came across a free A10C CDU app for ipad, as far as I've tested works great with 2.0 Alpha, no additional PC software required (although there is some lua configuration)

Also includes radios

[ame]

[/ame]

thanks

Hi Tic-Tac

Just spotted this yesterday myself however couldn't get it to work.

Would you be able to provide some guidance ?

I have downloaded the LUA configuration from GITHUB and added my IPAD's IP to the CDUappHost entry but nothing happens.

Replaced the Export.Lua in my user saved games, Script, File

Thanks

Hi Tic-Tac

Just spotted this yesterday myself however couldn't get it to work.

Would you be able to provide some guidance ?

I have downloaded the LUA configuration from GITHUB and added my IPAD's IP to the CDUappHost entry but nothing happens.

Replaced the Export.Lua in my user saved games, Script, File

Thanks

I made a "how-to"for our squad. See below.

DCS-A10C iPad CDU/AAP app

1. First, search and download the app on your iPad in the Appstore. Windows link:

http://www.apppicker.com/apps/956722244/dcs-a10c-cduaap

2. Goto Github and download the export.lua file:

https://github.com/infinitesun/dcs-export.lua/archive/master.zip

3. Extract the .zip file and place the export.lua file in C:\users\%yournamehere%\Saved Games\DCS Open Beta\Scripts

**note: it is possible (with a clean install) that the script directory does not exist. In that case: create it.

**note2: The above directory assumes the DCS Open Beta (1.5) version. For install in 1.2, change to \DCS\Scripts. Same for Alpha 2.0, change it.

4. Go to the export.lua file in the scripts dir and open it with a text editor (Notepad++).

5. Start the app on the iPad. In the screen of the CDU you see an IP

adress, like 192.168.0.39:9089 or similar. Copy this adres MINUS the

port (the numbers behind the : )

6. In the export.lua file, go to the line that says "cduAppHost="

(mostly the last line in the file). Add the ip number you just noted.

Check if the port setting on the line beneith it is correct.

7. If you start DCS and choose a mission with the A10C you now see

that everything you enter on the CDU in the pit, is reflected on the

app on the iPad. Heeee... if you enter something on the iPad, you

don't see it in the pit. TADAA... it works!!

8. You firewall, that's what working there. So, before you start DCS

(step 7) ;-) you go to your firewall settings in Windows, and add the DCS.EXE file. Heeey.. it's already added? Correct. But.. is it the Open Beta .EXE file?

So... check if the firewall settings are correct for the '\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCSOpen Beta\bin\DCS.EXE file. Or Open Alpha. Whatever. You know what I mean by now.

9. If step 8 is correct, it is now fully functioning!! To change the panel: swipe with your finger over the CDU display (on the iPad ofcourse, not in the pit) up/down and right/left.

10. HAVE FUN!

Edited by GurbY

Didn't work for me straight away either. here's the troubleshooting I did (none of it my own invention, all tips from the internet!)

1) Add Ipad IP to Export.lua file (just IP not the port) and save to user saved games Script - if you get this right you should at least see the in game CDU display reflected on your ipad version - if this isn't the case then the ip is wrong or lua is saved in the wrong place

2) Firewall - make sure the correct exe is allowed access through in Windows firewall settings and any other firewall you have st up, I pointed at the exe in the bin folder

3) Port forwarding - Not sure if this was 100% necessary, but went into my router settings, port forwarding and added port 9089

4) to get it started click on the pulsating CDU icon on the ipad...took me a few mins to work that bit out!

and I think that was it...good luck

It's kinda tricky to make it work but once you do it behaves flawlessly. One thing to pay attention is your ipad IP address. If it changes you need to update it in the export.lua

I would like it to be resizeble so the CDU fills entirely my ipad mini screen without the AAP since I built this part with real switches

Edited by 7rooper

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

One thing to pay attention is your ipad IP address. If it changes you need to update it in the export.lua

What I did was to add a range of IPs, from XXX.XXX.XXX.1 to XXX.XXX.XXX.X10, I never connect more than 10 devices to my network so whatever IP is assigned, it will work anyways. Besides, as per my previous post, if you have more than one iOS device, you can use all of them (I tried with 2)

This app is great and it's free!! Even if it cost 5 bucks it would be worth it. It completely replaces a CDU. No need to invest in push buttons and a 3.5" screen if you don't want to go through the hazzle of building your CDU.

BUT I WOULD LIKE TO FURTHER DEVELOP IT SO YOU CAN RESIZE THE CDU ON THE IPAD MINI TO MAKE IT LOOK THE RIGHT SIZE IN YOUR COCKPIT

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

This might be old news to some (or even most!) but came across a free A10C CDU app for ipad, as far as I've tested works great with 2.0 Alpha, no additional PC software required (although there is some lua configuration)

Also includes radios

thanks

what about Andriod based devices?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I don't have an iPad (yet), but I found the app for the iPhone in the App Store. At least I think it's the same app... haven’t had a chance to check it out, and it would definitely be better on a bigger screen (iPad), but very cool nonetheless.

IMG_6269.thumb.PNG.4d108c61822be72fdc19a7a233121131.PNG

12th Gen i7 12700K, MSI Z690 Edge mobo, 32 GB of DDR4-3600 RAM (G.Skill Ripjaws V CL16). 

Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle OC (Triple Fan, 16GB VRAM), ACER XV322QU 32" IPS monitor (running 2560x1440).

2TB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD (3D TLC NAND PCIe Gen 4 x4).

Windows 11.

sry guys, I wanted to share my export lua and totally forgot. Yeah, I can confirm it works 100% with all versions of DCS, stable, beta and alpha. All you need to do is use the export.lua provided by the developer of the app and insert your ipad's IP adress really

at the end of the export.lua, you add the dofile commands to enable tacview and your radio plugin (aries, UniversRadio etc). Will hopefully remeber tonight when I get home to upload my export lua

sry guys, I wanted to share my export lua and totally forgot. Yeah, I can confirm it works 100% with all versions of DCS, stable, beta and alpha. All you need to do is use the export.lua provided by the developer of the app and insert your ipad's IP adress really

at the end of the export.lua, you add the dofile commands to enable tacview and your radio plugin (aries, UniversRadio etc). Will hopefully remeber tonight when I get home to upload my export lua

Looking forward to it, I'd love to get it working!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

The Tacview issue happened to me also. I went to Tacview and in the second menu (the one with the globe), I deselected "Record DCS World flights", closed Tacview, open it again and reselected "Record DCS World flights" and voila! sorted out.

I hope the explanation is clear and it works for you guys.