DCS World Dedicated Server

I just installed this (because I want to use it and need to experiment). What this seemed to do for me:

installed and at the end it checked for updates, and updated the updater, then started a torrent download to get the balance of the files. seems to work just like the game itself.

not sure about copying from an open beta install, my guess is that it just torrents the proper files (i would think the terrains, etc. cannot be the same as open beta install as those that work with the dedicated server are different - i.e. do not require keys, etc.).

Any chance to open WebUI (Server control) from local CLIENT?

(NOT Local Web control on server machine and NOT Remote Web control via Login to DCS site)

I wasn't having any luck with the local UI, either.

reporting back: when i run the server i can see it in my DCS World profile, and i can connect to and control it from there. i can also control it from the system itself (via the local web control link). so good for me it is working. maybe a clean install will help some get it going again.

i am also going to try and see if i can figure out how to connect to the web gui from a remote system.

OK, i tried all kinds of monkey business to connect from a remote machine to the webGUI. i even installed a web server and generated a certificate amongst other things. it looks like ED does some magic between the server itself and their app server that gives us the webgui page. hopefully they make a direct connect available soon.

Edited by hlfritz
added info

For people reading this, just want to emphasize, the dedicated server is working. If you're setting up a server for the first time, set it up in dcs, on the computer you play dcs on, the one with the big GPU right. That'll generate a serversettings.lua file. Transfer that to your server and you'll be good to go. Editing that Lua file is pretty self explanatory. The webgui will be handy when they get it working but you don't have to wait, I just set up a vps over the weekend and it works fine

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

yessir i do, if i was not clear in my previous posts.

the only thing i was not able to figure out is an unsupported (yet many of us are hopeful for) feature of using a web client on another system to connect to the server. i got close, but it seems ED has this locked down to use only a web client on the server itself (which does work) or from your account on their web site.

Edited by hlfritz
clarification

Can anybody currently confirm that they do have a working webgui based on the Dedicated Server Open Beta Installer and not the full client using the parameters to launch as dedicated?

Confirm. Works just fine according to the instructions by USSR_Rik on the first two posts.

Cheers

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

yessir i do, if i was not clear in my previous posts.

the only thing i was not able to figure out is an unsupported (yet many of us are hopeful for) feature of using a web client on another system to connect to the server. i got close, but it seems ED has this locked down to use only a web client on the server itself (yes it works) or from your account on their web site.

You can always go into your account on ED website from the other system and manage the server from there. It doesn't necessarily have to be your own account. You can create a new account on ED website just for your dedicated server and have your server log-in according to this account that is just for your server.

Cheers

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Confirm. Works just fine according to the instructions by USSR_Rik on the first two posts.

Cheers

+1

Our open beta server is running with open beta server installer.

Everything is working fine except the -w command line option.

And the open beta server installer is not shown on download page if you have selected german or french language. ;)

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

This is what I get constantly trying to install the open beta server. Is it a result of me not having open beta installed or is the install porked?

DCS-server-fail.png

Never mind for some reason windows update messed with my user settings. FIXED

Edited by Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

no, you do not need anything else DCS installed to install the dedicated server.

it looks like you need to run everything as administrator, it looks like your user is a regular user and not an administrator.

you can either right click and select run as administrator or try setting your user as an administrator (but sometimes you still need to right click and run as administrator). if you change your user, log out and back in for it to take effect.

give that a try and see if it resolves the issue for you.

In my experience you do not need to convert anything. i installed the server, brought it up, and ran stable generated missions and connected with a stable client.

it would be interesting if others tested this as well to see the results; it could be that both open beta and stable were on the same release version when i tested. i have not yet had time to test further.

In my experience you do not need to convert anything. i installed the server, brought it up, and ran stable generated missions and connected with a stable client.

it would be interesting if others tested this as well to see the results; it could be that both open beta and stable were on the same release version when i tested. i have not yet had time to test further.

Only because there are no network change between OB ans stable actually. Next time OB will have change on network protocol, older OB and Stable will not be able to connect. That it since the beginning.

@Vullcan : yes you can the same way

"Les pilotes du Fail" server administrator

Anyone else getting stalls when trying to delete a mission from the "List of missions." It hangs and I have to restart the dedicated server program in order to clear.

It tends to not clear the last mission ran.

Edited by Britchot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Has anyone heard anything about a dedicated server build for the stable version of DCS World?

I used the beta dedi server installer on an another partition on the server. After install I used cmd commandline to switch to release. --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

DCS_Updater.exe update 2.5.5.33184@release

Worked for me and after that a little bit lua edit to bring back my settings. :pilotfly:

Module: viel zu viele...

Warte auf: Fulda Gap, MiG-23, xy (4th. Gen RED) und mehr neue und alte Propeller wie P-38, Corsair, DC-3, Transall, Tucano usw.

Projekt: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread

Anyone else getting stalls when trying to delete a mission from the "List of missions." It hangs and I have to restart the dedicated server program in order to clear.

It tends to not clear the last mission ran.

I think I've cleared it up. It appears the server doesn't like having no mission loaded, even if it's stopped. I can work around it by launching a new mission and then deleting the old one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to prevent the dedicated server from starting oculus and loading in VR? When I want to run a dedicated server from a computer that has a normal install of dcs and a Rift S in addition to an install of the dedicated server, the dedicated server window opens in full vertical and loads oculus software.

• ED Team
Is there a way to prevent the dedicated server from starting oculus and loading in VR? When I want to run a dedicated server from a computer that has a normal install of dcs and a Rift S in addition to an install of the dedicated server, the dedicated server window opens in full vertical and loads oculus software.

You can use the option --force_disable_VR or better disable VR in the dedicated server options.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Hi all

Wondering if anyone had the same issue I'm having, got the dedicated server pack setup on a spare computer and i can connect to the Web GUI both locally and through the ED website but cannot join server. Every time i try to connect either through my external IP or the PC's LAN IP it just says server is offline, yet the Web GUI shows server active.

Anyone got any clues as to what might be the problem? Server PC is not running a firewall and the port forwarding has been don but that should not be an issue for local connection anyway.