Su-27: thrustmaster hotas x dcs "no command available for this device"

gumuss

I tried but failed to set it up for myself. I also have TM.HotasX. Of course it worked before.

I have latest OB installed and Su-27 from FC3. F-15C is ok.

I don't have any missing axis commands but they are all grey in the hotas column - cannot assign anything there. Tried resetting to default, loading backup diff.lua and even deleting hotas.x.diff.lua from saved games\dcs\input... it wasn't created back again by DCS.

Looks like gamebreaker to me.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

I was having the same issue, and I think I found a solution. Go to DCS World Open Beta\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Input\su-27\joystick folder and delete the file T.Flight Hotas X.lua or change its name. After doing that, I recovered my bindings and was able to edit again my device.

I was having the same issue, and I think I found a solution. Go to DCS World Open Beta\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Input\su-27\joystick folder and delete the file T.Flight Hotas X.lua or change its name. After doing that, I recovered my bindings and was able to edit again my device.

Thank you, it works

Thx for the tip. The other modules from FC3 that have T.Flight Hotas X profile have .diff.lua file extension while the new profile (from latest OB) for 27 has just .lua. That's probably wrong so I changed it to .diff.lua and it works. Be sure to check it after the next update. Either they fix it or the problem comes back again.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• ED Team
... Go to DCS World Open Beta\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Input\su-27\joystick folder and delete the file T.Flight Hotas X.lua or change its name.

... I changed it to .diff.lua and it works. Be sure to check it after the next update.

Yes, both workarounds are working. In the second case you will get customized T.Flight Hotas X profile instead of common joystick default profile.

Issue already fixed in internal build, you will see it in the next Open Beta update.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Yes, both workarounds are working. In the second case you will get customized T.Flight Hotas X profile instead of common joystick default profile.

Issue already fixed in internal build, you will see it in the next Open Beta update.

Good to know, but while we're at it, could you, please, save the profile the user already have set?

Also, while I get the point of having the basic axis set up and maybe few buttons, what's the point of having all the buttons set. Unless you provide the instructions with HOTAS picture the user will have to redo the controls anyway. I own this hardware for years and I still have no idea where is button 8 for example.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This is still an issue. I have the Thrustmaster T16000 HOTAS and cannot input any commands into the several fields just like above.

Still have a problem? I happen to have my hands on T16000 but have not yet tried 27. Su-33 works OK so far.

EDIT: No problem with default config for T16000M HOTAS in Su-27 @latest beta.

Edited by draconus