What Hapenned The Thrustmaster F-18 Stick

• 3 weeks later...

I think when the hornet is released thrustmaster release stick and throttle. Don't forget Matt works with many compagnies that can benefit to dcs and vice versa.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

With how much TM costs, the number of reported failures, and TM's utter lack of support or even replacement parts for most issues, I'd look into other options.

VKB's upcoming offerings would make much better platforms for building a new HOTAS than anything from TM would. VKB use stronger materials and better designs for the moving parts.

With how much TM costs, the number of reported failures, and TM's utter lack of support or even replacement parts for most issues, I'd look into other options.

VKB's upcoming offerings would make much better platforms for building a new HOTAS than anything from TM would. VKB use stronger materials and better designs for the moving parts.

Both VKB and Virpil have some nice stick offerings, and both planning a throttle sometime maybe this year.

However they are boutique manufactures and not always the easiest to find in availability.

Heck I have a VKB Gunfighter Pro sitting here new in box, have had since April 2017 still waiting on being able to get a MCG Pro grip for it.

Currently flying with the Virpil stick and Warthog throttle. Love my Virpil setup.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Funny... Earlier this morning I also wanted to suggest to look for VKB or Virpil Sticks... ;) While they currently dont have a "real" F18 Throttle/Stick they offer good quality products with interchangeable grips. I think the main benefit is that you might get a much better quality and modular product from them with a stick / throttle which might not look the same as the F18 options, but offer you the possibility to bind your buttons as close to the original as possible for many aircrafts in DCS not just the F18. Have a look! :)

Also, I would bet that Thrustmaster will only release their product after DCS F-18C has been released. Since the F-18 grip and throttle dont have so much buttons I'd say: sacrifice some "realism" to get a much more versatile option with like 90% realism (besides looks) for your F-18!

It is also not clear if Thrustmaster will ever release more than a F-18 Stick and possibly no Throttle... And its very likely that the new F-18 Thrustmaster Stick is instantly compatible with the Virpil base unit since it is Warthog and Cougar compatible out of the box.

Edited by Ayindi

• 3 months later...

News about F/A-18 Grip by TM?

I own HOTAS Warthog and so this is the first choice..

Without news from TM I’ll check some other options for the wonderfull F/A-18C.

This great product needs a great controller.. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139168989452694/about/

ASUS ROG - TM Hotas Warthog - TM Hotas Cougar - TM F-18 Grip - Oculus Rift S - Track IR 5

News about F/A-18 Grip by TM?

I own HOTAS Warthog and so this is the first choice..

Without news from TM I’ll check some other options for the wonderfull F/A-18C.

This great product needs a great controller.. :thumbup:

You are aware Wags recently posted a photo of his TM Prototype F 18 grip?

Course we have no idea of a time table.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

You are aware Wags recently posted a photo of his TM Prototype F 18 grip?

Course we have no idea of a time table.

All signs, including conversions with a few people that have spoken to TM (albeit with vagueness on their part), point to E3 later this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

All signs, including conversions with a few people that have spoken to TM (albeit with vagueness on their part), point to E3 later this month.

Wouldn't that just be another proof of concept model or are you saying they may or may not be looking at E3 as a launch event for it?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

537 Mongo
CO vVF-161 Fightin' Stingrays
Check us out on the web!

Thank you very much.. amazing picture.. so I think I’ll use still my warthog hotas and than I’ll take this grip for the F/A-18 that it’s alreary, even in Early Alpha, an incredible module.

I think this DCS World is a project wich needs the best hardware we can.. everything near as much as possible to the real life.

Even VKB and Virpil are very interesting for me.. all these are great controllers.. it’s a very good period for combat flight simulation..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS ROG - TM Hotas Warthog - TM Hotas Cougar - TM F-18 Grip - Oculus Rift S - Track IR 5

Thank you very much.. amazing picture.. so I think I’ll use still my warthog hotas and than I’ll take this grip for the F/A-18 that it’s alreary, even in Early Alpha, an incredible module.

I think this DCS World is a project wich needs the best hardware we can.. everything near as much as possible to the real life.

Even VKB and Virpil are very interesting for me.. all these are great controllers.. it’s a very good period for combat flight simulation..

I highly recommend the Virpil. The T-50 setup with extensions and deskmount is an incredible stick. Plus you can throw a TM Grip - like the Warthog or upcoming F-18, on it as well - with no adapters or fiddling.

Don B

I’ve never used this controller.

I always have used TM.. even Hotas Cougar in the passed days.

But I’ll go immediatly to check to your suggestion on the web site of this product.

It seems to be incredibly serious.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...
Wow, any word about the Hornet stick? We’re well into another holiday season and this sucker is still missing.

Yeah, this is concerning for sure. I would like to buy a Thrustmaster HOTAS but am holding off until I see what the Hornet stick is like. I don't want to go ahead and buy the Warthog only to find out that I wish I had bought the Hornet stick instead.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Yeah, this is concerning for sure. I would like to buy a Thrustmaster HOTAS but am holding off until I see what the Hornet stick is like. I don't want to go ahead and buy the Warthog only to find out that I wish I had bought the Hornet stick instead.

Buy a VKB or VPC base, and use the TM Hornet grip with that. It will undoubtedly be better than whatever TM puts out.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Buy a VKB or VPC base, and use the TM Hornet grip with that. It will undoubtedly be better than whatever TM puts out.

Indeed, I love my WarBRD base. It's so much better than the original TM stick base. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Indeed, I love my WarBRD base. It's so much better than the original TM stick base. :thumbup:

+1 :thumbup:

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

So Im saving one euro per day till the Hornet grips is released from today on :lol: let´s see how that turns out.

I have in mind buying a Virpil grip.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I wish I could and I’m sure they are.

Unfortunately they do such limited runs it’s like winning the lottery for the ‘privilege’ to purchase one of those bases. So far I’ve missed out on vkb’s September and November allotments and the next scheduled availability is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ according to their website. Vpc is just always out of stock. Always.

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

I feel very lucky to have gotten a VKB MCG Pro... I see so many others that want one and can't get one. I gambled on an early pre-order and had to wait as the delivery date slipped a month or two or three. But it did finally arrive and I prefer it to my Warthog stick for so many reasons. Hopefully the VKB has the endurance of the Warthog stick, which served many years and remains fully functional.

I continue to wonder about the F/A-18 grip. Are there production problems? Or did they decide the cost of production is too high for the potential sales?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hopefully the VKB has the endurance of the Warthog stick, which served many years and remains fully functional.

Yeah, I know some people don’t like it but it’s honestly hard to complain about the Warthog base and stick. Mine is literally ten years old now and has been thoroughly abused. Friends, children, random accidents and general clumsiness haven’t been able to kill it yet. Not a single component has needed replacing and I only re-greased it about a year ago. (I actually should have done that a lot sooner but oh well.)

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...