[FIXED] Cockpit lights issue

Axxis

I've noticed recently that the flood light turns on when turning the instrument and console lights on/up. I've tried turning the flood lights up and down but they remain the same. i presume this is a bug, or is there something new system-wise I don't know of? It's pretty annoying when flying in low light conditions.

I've tried looking trough the forum for this topic, but I found nothing. Starting to wonder if it's a problem only I have.

I've noticed recently that the flood light turns on when turning the instrument and console lights on/up. I've tried turning the flood lights up and down but they remain the same. i presume this is a bug, or is there something new system-wise I don't know of? It's pretty annoying when flying in low light conditions.

I've tried looking trough the forum for this topic, but I found nothing. Starting to wonder if it's a problem only I have.

I noticed the same. With all lighting knobs back counter clockwise to off, flood light appears to be still on (very low though)

Highly annoying in combination with this bug

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hey there, guys!

Since I update the stable, last Wednesday, I'm having this issue, too. One more thing, there's a green glow near the throttle and, specularly, on the right side of the cockpit, near the fuse box. It looks like it's the APU light glow, but it's on even when that light is not, and it's visible every time I turn on console lights.

Hey there, guys!

Since I update the stable, last Wednesday, I'm having this issue, too. One more thing, there's a green glow near the throttle and, specularly, on the right side of the cockpit, near the fuse box. It looks like it's the APU light glow, but it's on even when that light is not, and it's visible every time I turn on console lights.

I just wanted to report this. Looks like you beat me to it ;)

This is what we're talking about:

picture.php?albumid=1313&pictureid=10375

(I know, it's a minor detail.. But hey, there's also room for small bugs here :))

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Already Reported: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225185&highlight=lights

Just a quick tip guys, in the very top right hand corner of the forum window when looking at the bugs subforum there is a "Search This Forum" function. Typing "Lights" into here quickly brought up the above post where it had been reported already. It doesn't take long.:thumbup:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

If I might nitpick, Deano, yep, it's already been reported... on November 21st, it seems, which means in Open Beta.

I don't have Open Beta, I only use stable and for this release it's a new bug, since it didn't happen before last Wednesday update (and, btw, not really cool to break something that wasn't broken, ED! :music_whistling:)

Unfortunately sometimes release builds end up with bugs that got introduced into Open Beta but weren't spotted/fixed in time for the fix to be pushed to Release, especially if its not a blocking bug like an interior lights issue. If its been reported it will be in EDs bug tracker and will get addressed at some point.

Regarding breaking something that wasn't broken, that's like 90% of software development... Fixing it until its broken.;)

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.