MiG-21bis manual feature wish

mig29movt

Since the open beta release of v. 1.5 the MiG-21 fever got me for the first time and I'm finally starting to fly it. (The performance in the initial release was a huge drawback for me)

But now as I use the manual, something comes back to my mind.

I feel really uncomfortable using this...

My problem:

Its structure is somewhat complicated, compared to the A-10C manual

The main issue to me is the manual itself. The idea with the sections and the numbered buttons is great, you know roughly where to find a mentioned switch (RV, LH etc.)

but I would really like to have the sub-systems numbered out seperately.

Like the ASP gunsight, on the page showing the "C" segment it's just numbered 12-31... erm yea great

If I would like to know what's the flip-switch on the bottom right sight doing (just beneath the russian marking "yarko" brightness)

I have to search my way through half of the manual only to find a description of the ASP telling me "CU23 - pipper ON/OFF"

but there is no description of what it exactly does.

The A-10C manual is much easier to understand (if you have a look at page 132 there is even a short description for the boost pumps, Number 2)

Just above the ASP description, on page 128-129 "Selection interface" here the switches are not even listed, I have to read the whole text to get to know that CU1 shows me if the gun is loaded or not.

The different warning panels are just added on the end, i would prefer to have them explained in a chronological manner together with the rest of the systems.

I would really like to have the sections with all the switches numbered and a short description of what they exactly do (RV 14-16 and all the switches below them are a good example for this missing details)

Also I would like if every image containing numbered switches would have a list with them just like in the A-10C manual or beneath the main segment description image.

What about trimming the MiG-21? Did I miss this completely or is the information on page 64 about the SAU pretty much everything about the trim and autopilot system?

The training mission which shows the cold start procedure is a funny read but in terms of usability I really prefer narrated ones and/or better described ones. Also it isn't exactly the same as the start-up check list in the manual.

Please post if you feel the same way about this manual or not. Maybe it's just me :helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

My problem with all the manuals I've so far is they have a picture of something in the cockpit then a big multi page numbered list you have to refer to. Which is a real pain with a pdf, unless you print it out.

Chucks guide on the other hand is fantastic at condensing information into less space.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-uSpZROuEd3d0NuYzJfbWFnblU/view

• Like 1