Worlds Apart mission 2 slingload

CptTangerine

Hi

I am having some real problems with the slingload mission in Worlds Apart Mission 2. I get the load to the target area and the cock up at the point of dropping the load.

Is there any way of getting a second chance at this within the mission, just so that I don't have to go through all the ground work at the airbase?

If I go back to the pickup point, can I just fly back and pick up another one? I l know I could just try this but by the point I have screwed this up, I really can't be bothered to go back and give it a go. I will, if no-one here has tried it and can answer the question, but I'd rather not if it's a waste of time.

Cheers!

CptT

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

go on the aerobatics online server.

spawn at Beslan in a huey and there are lots of different loads to practice with.

take them to the airport and drop them in interesting places. like the backs of trucks.

someone will probably spawn in and join you. watch how they do it.

you will find every skill level around.

and watch out for the guys in yak-52. they like to land in the trees where the helicopter base is.

so keep an eye open for traffic.

do that for an hour and then go try the mission.

bet you breeze through it :)

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

go on the aerobatics online server.

spawn at Beslan in a huey and there are lots of different loads to practice with.

take them to the airport and drop them in interesting places. like the backs of trucks.

someone will probably spawn in and join you. watch how they do it.

you will find every skill level around.

and watch out for the guys in yak-52. they like to land in the trees where the helicopter base is.

so keep an eye open for traffic.

do that for an hour and then go try the mission.

bet you breeze through it :)

Hey and many thanks for giving the campaign a chance. :thumbup:

Ther is a special thread, answering all of your questions.

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=655

Get the documentation downloaded, and in the "Mission 2 Cargo issue" PDF you find the way to skip the transport tasks.

But the whole mission is all about transport :smilewink:

For any transport task, there is a way to skip that task. So you may try it but you do not have to start from the beginning if something went wrong.

There is also a time limit given by the AI at the second transport task. Take care and skip it right in time. When the AI is already broken there is no way to proceed.

Thank's a lot and have much fun :thumbup::pilotfly:

Always happy landings ;)

• 7 months later...

So, I went off and did a lot of the Oilfield campaign in the Mi-8, which I love. Having done lots of sling-loading practice in that, I went back to the Huey and the Worlds Apart Spring Mission 2.

I managed the main sling-load task and the four take-the-stuff-across-the-river tasks and landed at the checkpoint. I then waited while the boss went off for a cup of coffee ... and waited ... and waited. Now I like realism in my flight sims as much as the next man, but simulating the experience of being left in a helicopter while the boss takes his time sipping his drink is not one that I'm keen on. I think, in the end, I waited about 15 minutes without anything changing. The Hummer came back and there were no announcements or anything to move the mission on.

Has anyone else experienced this bug? In the end I just quit the mission, ended it, and it took me onto Mission 3 but I'm curious.

As an aside, I can't understand how anyone can think that the Huey is easier to fly than the Mi-8. Coming back to the Huey, it's much, much more sensitive and squirrelly and needs so much more effort to fly smoothly. I like the Huey but I think that the Mi-8, ugly as it is, has my heart.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious if the flight model was changed with the last update. Having now managed to complete the slingload part of the mission, my ability to fly well seems to have gone out the window. I'm playing Mission 5-1 and 5-2 and I have a hell of a time keeping the helo under smooth control. Before I didn't seem to have any issues (although the Huey is less stable than the Mi-8 ). Small inputs in the collective seem to have an excessive effect on the climb and descent rates at speed and trying to keep the Huey stable while trying to rescue the guy in the forest is far more challenging than I remember it.

I'm not sure if some change has been made, whether there is a huge amount of turbulence in these missions, whether it is the high altitudes involved, or whether I have just suddenly lost the ability to fly well but I am struggling.

Edited by CptTangerine
Typo.

We do not experience any changes in flight characteristics. But if you not flown the HUEY for quite a while and the Mi-8 instead it is reasonable to have a hard time switching from one to another especially if you shift right into a challenging Campaign.:pilotfly:

Some small improvements made a while ago when it comes to cargo transport. You got quite faster, hocked.

We also changed some cargo types in de Mission itself, because the standard sling-load is very sensitive when it touches the ground and often breaks. Other cargo types are more robust.

Always happy landings ;)

I think that it's probably the altitude and the crappy weather, to be honest.

It certainly is a challenging campaign. I am enjoying it, though.