New Dude Questions

John Galt

Just started flying the A-10 and have encountered a couple of things that I need help with please.

First, sometimes the Rt Alt+Home Rt Ctrl+Home won't move the throttles out of cutoff.

Second,with visible weapons hanging on the jet and the load all osb pushed and asterisk showing, the DSMS shows nothing loaded.

And third, sometimes the EAC switch won't lock on. I think I am doing the alignment the same way every time but it won't always work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First, sometimes the Rt Alt+Home Rt Ctrl+Home won't move the throttles out of cutoff.

That only works when your throttle is at the idle stop. If the throttle is anywhere forward of idle, the OFF to IDLE command doesn't work.

This can also happen if the throttle axis is a bit jittery, in which case you might have to apply a bit of a deadzone in the controller setup.

Second,with visible weapons hanging on the jet and the load all osb pushed and asterisk showing, the DSMS shows nothing loaded.

With some missions, reloading the DSMS simply doesn't work and you can only use the loadout that was given in the mission.

If you create a mission of your own, just make sure not to use the "Prepare Mission" feature from the Mission Editor and it should work just fine.

In any case, if you can upload a track or the mission itself, we can take a closer look.

And third, sometimes the EAC switch won't lock on. I think I am doing the alignment the same way every time but it won't always work.

In the real jet, the EAC switch is spring-loaded and will be released back to the OFF position when the conditions for EAC are not met.

From the manual:

EAC relies on LASTE, INS and SAS to work properly.

Make sure you've selected EGI before trying to flip the EAC switch.

Not sure if it has been updated, but way WAY back when the A-10C was just released, the training mission forgot to mention that.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

For #2

If needed you can do the load again.

If you hold one of the osb' you can change it to become a different option like load. Then re-do the load. You can then hold that osb again so you can switch it back to what it was.

I'm fairly certain that's not necessary.

Indeed you are right!

I was mixing up two issues I had encountered myself :doh:

About the EAC not staying in position:

I had that switch bound to my TM Warthog without knowing. When I tried to flip the EAC switch with my mouse, it flipped back because of the position of that switch on my TM Warthog. Took me a while to figure that out :P

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH