Keybindings for the ADF compass knob and Heading rose knob?

Elphaba

Hi

I've looked in the 'real' bindings and unless I'm either blind or senile I can't find bindings so I can bind my 'potentiometers' on my button box, to change the ADF compass rose, or the 'heading' bug compass rose.

Is this an omission that can be rectified? Is it possible to add these ourselves?

Those controls are not axis (for use with Potentiometers) they are incremental rotational. They have no stop like an axis would. For those inputs rotary encoders would be best. You can wire them up pretty easily depending on your interface board. You would need two button inputs per encoder.

Here is an example

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=98_75&products_id=191

Your question was "Where do I bind my potentiometers" (paraphrasing). You cannot for those inputs. ;)

But where would you bind encoders?

In control options look for AN/ARN-6 Radio Compass section. At the bottom you wil find AN/ARN-6 Tuning Crank - CCW/Decrease Frequency and CW/Increase Frequency.

Under Instrument Panel they inputs you want are AN/ARN-6 East/West Variation Knob - CCW/East and CW/West

Your question was "Where do I bind my potentiometers" (paraphrasing). You cannot for those inputs. ;)

But where would you bind encoders?

In control options look for AN/ARN-6 Radio Compass section. At the bottom you wil find AN/ARN-6 Tuning Crank - CCW/Decrease Frequency and CW/Increase Frequency.

Under Instrument Panel they inputs you want are AN/ARN-6 East/West Variation Knob - CCW/East and CW/West

Thank you so much! I would never have matched those up!

I'll look into making a button box of my own then...