I was expecting RWR in our Mi-24, SPO-15 was there IRL... why not in DCS?

pepin1234

Interesting if no RWR, again.

At least with the MiG-23MLA the RAZBAM gives us choice to have a SPO-10 or SPO-15 in it, so we get to choose do we use what year version in missions.

Would be nice to see the SPO-15 in the Mi-24 at least as special option so it gets attached to HUD edge or something.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Interesting, were radar-guided weapons and fast jets not something the Soviets were worried about? I doubt it came up in Afghanistan.

EDIT: I misread this and assumed the Hind had no RWR at all. Seems that it does.

Edited by kengou

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Is ours meant to be an export version?

Nope

So far i read out of the many Post's, only the export Version's of the MI-24 use the SPO-15.

So no RWR for our russian Mi-24.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I am not sure - but it seems like OP is asking for a very specific RWR > namely the SPO-15,

To me it looks like the thread derailed a little bit, and now you guys are discussing NO RWR.

You can pretty clearly see in the video, that the Helicopter we are getting is (currently) equipped with a SPO-4 RWR (Same as MiG-21)

While a SPO-15 would clearly be better I would argue, for a helicopter, and the role it has, a SPO-4 is sufficient.

You don't NEED to know exacly where the SAM is - all you need to know is that a radar is looking at you, and from the rough direction - and when it is locking you up.

Edited by Grodlund

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

Nope

So no RWR for our russian Mi-24.

Would not go so far...

The Antenna Fairings on the Pictures from Pepin are only needed for the SPO-15, think i read somewhere in the Russian Thread the DCS MI-24 will equipped with the more cheaper SPO-10 what the Russian MI-24 used in Service..

Edit: Grodlund was faster

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

For one thing, if we got the export version we would have to talk about the Mi-35P. On the other hand

it doesn't make sense. In the mid-80s, the improved SPO-15 was used from the Mi-24W and upwards. I think ED wants to develop as close to reality as possible?

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Think there is no other Designation, think it is simple a Option by Customer who recived the MI-24.

Also this not a huge lose compare to the SPO-10 in Helicopter.

Even when you look the MI-24 P in Syria they still miss the SPO-15 Fairings.

But so far could not find any Russian MI-24 with this Fairings, could also not find any reliable Source about this but seem's the russian didnt need it. same story Ka-50

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

You can pretty clearly see in the video, that the Helicopter we are getting is (currently) equipped with a SPO-4 RWR (Same as MiG-21)

MiG-21Bis has SPO-10, but we get your point.

I didn't even notice it at first before you mentioned the video, I was admiring completely other things there :-P

While a SPO-15 would clearly be better I would argue, for a helicopter, and the role it has, a SPO-4 is sufficient.

SPO-10 is enough for helicopters, as long it is properly modeled.

You don't NEED to know exacly where the SAM is - all you need to know is that a radar is looking at you, and from the rough direction - and when it is locking you up.

Yes. 30 degree accuracy is enough for majority of situations. As you are not there for long.

But hopefully SPO-10 gets properly modeled.

And one can triangulate a radar location fairly accurately with even SPO-10, it does require more time (by distance) than SPO-15, but it is enough, especially when Mi-24 has nice moving map.

SPO-10 yeah, sorry.

I just seem to remember that the number indicates how many indicator lights is on the RWR.

Anyways.

Yes. The SPO-10 in the MiG-21 has been broken from release. And IIRC, Leatherneck/Magnitude is aware that it is not modeled properly. Why it takes years and years to fix such an important instrument is beyond me.

At the end of the day, I think SPO-10 is well good enough.

You know the rough direction, so you can LOS the radar - and you now when you're getting locked, so you now when to take evasive action.

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

SPO-10 yeah, sorry.

I just seem to remember that the number indicates how many indicator lights is on the RWR.

Anyways.

Yes. The SPO-10 in the MiG-21 has been broken from release. And IIRC, Leatherneck/Magnitude is aware that it is not modeled properly. Why it takes years and years to fix such an important instrument is beyond me.

At the end of the day, I think SPO-10 is well good enough.

You know the rough direction, so you can LOS the radar - and you now when you're getting locked, so you now when to take evasive action.

MiG-21 SPO-10 was re coded with new documents and is now very realistic. You just have to check mark experimental features in options to try it. It’s really cool, only beeps when a radar beam passes over it, so I can tell how many updates your getting from TWS, if there’s one person:megalol:

I hope it’s ported over to Mi-24, it’s really cool how it works now, and I can’t think of a way it could be more realistic

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Edit: Should read the whole thing first rdlaugh.png

I always was under the impression that the model the MiG-21 has is the SPO-10.

What's the difference to the -4? Literally can't find anything on that on the interwebz. Google just shells out some totally irrelevant German stuff, as always (like looking for A-something planes always ends you up with Autobahns on the first dozen of result pages being the classic).

TBH the -10 would be enough IMHO as well. You'd even get the general direction from that, good enough.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I was wondering about this. Practically speaking, helos aren't typically going to be operating far from support, and the Red Tide original mindset would be doubly so. RWRs on a helo are a luxury rather than a necessity, and radar guided missiles from SAMs and aircraft are probably a very tertiary threat compared to AAA, shoulder launched, and small arms.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The essential helicopter RWR is one simple red lamp that lights up the second any signals are detected. It gives you some time to write a will down. Beyond that, there's very little you could do - you're probably flying low already since you're not dumb and this is a helicopter, you can't outrun any threats, and can't kill them either.

That’s true. Just keep in mind in DCS most of the time we are kind of scouts without support. I am talking about what we do statistical speaking is not exactly have support from fixed wings.

So taking that in mind. Our Mi-24P will go like the European frontline with MiG-21 and MiG-23 covering us (lets no to talk about FC3 MiG-29) also keep in mind ED doesn’t want upgrade the Air Defense units so the possibilities of an air defense ambush are minimal in DCS.

So I understand ED want to make a closest Russian P version. The reality in DCS is even worst tactically speaking. Worst than the possible response make by Warsaw Pact Mi-24P export version.

I honestly don’t know what is the difference in Avionic for Mi-24P Warsaw Pact export version. But the Research for implementation of SPO-15 as a export version is possible. In this case we will be bias and unfair if we have account the Warsaw Pact versión have not a map in DCS for a SPO-15 sensor implementation. We already have weapons and systems in DCS that doesn’t have a specific map IRL speaking...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One reason probably why we don't get SPO-15 is that ED has said that they so not fix the SPO-15 in Su-27/33/MiG-29 as long there ain't a full DCS module.

So if we would get properly done SPO-15, it would be needed to come to rest a well.

One reason probably why we don't get SPO-15 is that ED has said that they so not fix the SPO-15 in Su-27/33/MiG-29 as long there ain't a full DCS module.

So if we would get properly done SPO-15, it would be needed to come to rest a well.

At this point, did you forgot the RWR SPO-15 in our MiG-23?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At this point, did you forgot the RWR SPO-15 in our MiG-23?

Ed is not developing the Mig23.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.