Key Binding only works in training

ulmaniac

hi...i am new and have tried to figure this out my self and search here....i have bought the P-51D and did the( -startup -taxi-takeoff -landing) in the training section...i did key bindings as i learned here and all works fine. ..when i go to any other section instant action //mission..etc...bindings dont work...if i hit escape and go to adjust controls , they are all there loaded and when i hit a bind button/switch on yoke/throttle it pops to correct action in menu...hit resume and nothing works... am i missing something..thnx

The P51 has 2 different control layouts (easy and real). Easy is for game mode and real for simulation mode. Under Options / Gameplay there are settings for game flight and game avionics. If you have one of those selected (forgot which) it will switch you to easy control layout. If you want to play simulation mode make sure you set up the real control layout and don't have game mode and game avionics selected.

Also go through controls list and clear anything bound twice. Click on the dropdown menu that says "All" and go to axis assign and check there for double binds.

Edited by cthulhu68

hi thanks for the reply...i double checked the gameplay menu and i have it set to simulation , which cancels out the game play avionics thingy automatically...also checked off "use these settings for all missions"...its strange because it works perfect in training but not in missions campaigns etc...when i enter mission..and they don't work , i open adjust controls and it opens to P-51D real and when i click my joystick/throttle it jumps to correct actions..hit resume and nothing

What stick and throttle are you using? Do keyboard inputs and mouse work? Do TF-51 and SU-25 controls work?

I would try a Repair on DCS. Next try renaming Saved Games / DCS folder to DCS backup. When you restart DCS it will build a new one with default options, settings, configs. ( windows C / Users / your name / Saved Games / DCS )

Now try setting controls up again. One thing I've seen on a few occasions is setting up inputs in the main menu may work but pausing in game and setting up inputs wont and vice versa so try both in game and at main menu.

success..i changed the settings in gameplay to simulation settings....but under the misc. tab there was the overlay section that had a game play avionics( the one you were referring to ) box checked...unchecked it and its all working... now it resets mission randomly when i use my zoom function....but im so happy i can fly , ill deal with that ...really appreciate your help

now it resets mission randomly when i use my zoom function..

I'll assume this means you've set up custom cockpit view but it doesn't seem to get saved.

When you start a mission it will always start with the default cockpit view. If you adjust zoom and/or seat height and press R ALT+Num0 your custom view will be saved but you now need to press View Center and Zoom Normal to get back to it when looking around or when you start new mission. I have these 2 commands along with zoom in/out slow set up on 4way on throttle for all modules so I can easily snap back to normal view while looking around.

Edited by cthulhu68

keep in mnd that there are 3 different types of P-51 in the game, so yeah you'll have to map each one out. key binds are all the same except for the TF-51 which lacks weapons obviously.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins