Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Amazônia Florest

risali

Hi,

My suggestion is the world lung, Amazônia Forest.

With tension among USA, Venezuela and Brazil increasing, and droug traffic in Colômbia, I guess that is a good idea create a map including north of Brazil, south of Venezuela and east of Colômbia.

Sem-t-tulo.jpg

A river in forest.

aw8W1CNcarrHkpZcsuM1bESv3cmHk-eBlS_WsVEVpSFyagLpcVjfbp88HTirwV4F6Jl5yzLLubJ3BkRE1I3RXn3aPf0frUNnIOpOxwmU4nQHmkPS--uwydL5fgo

Manaus city, Amazônia state capital.

show_show__DSC0616__2__F9FFCD4A-1C3A-4321-856F-5AD6C832E181.jpg

The water meeting between Black river and Solimões river.

90000345.jpg

Boa Vista, Roraima state capital.

boa-vista-rr.jpg

Brazilian Air Force Patroling.

10409127_779785818781120_8035266301003033183_n.jpg

Edited by risali

Lucas "Risali" :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh man, that last pic with the mulitple Mi24s would be awesome to experience ingame

Already possible as AI and soon flyable too. But "water meeting between Black river and Solimões river" is currently impossible to model :) Actually no yellow rivers currently.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

But "water meeting between Black river and Solimões river" is currently impossible to model :) Actually no yellow rivers currently.

Source? Because you can see different colour gradients between major and minor rivers and the Black Sea in the current Caucasus map.

Is it not just a matter of changing a texture?

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Source? Because you can see different colour gradients between major and minor rivers and the Black Sea in the current Caucasus map.

Is it not just a matter of changing a texture?

Just observations. The rivers got darker in 2.5.6 but they got depth simulation like water overall so shallow waters are now lighter (it depends on the sea/river floor, weather). Maybe the texture/color is easier to change now - idk.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Green Hell! That's what that region is.Anything man made, including by the Natives, in that jungle rots away and fast. Equipment rusts. Electronics short. Wet gets into everything waterproof. In jungle floor the night is perpetual, maybe a little brighter, then pitch dark at night. Loud noise from all the wildlife and flora. Jungle floor is too deadly to sleep on. Too many venomous snakes, venomous arthropods, extremely venomous ants and hyper-aggressive wasps. Land nav is nearly impossible, even with GPS. Most signals cannot get through the tree canopy. That's quite possibly the most dangerous and deadly land warfighting domain in World. Jungle warfare in this environment is a squad combat. Even a platoon with 4 squads of 6-7 men each is too widespread in dark muck . CAS is ineffective in Amazon jungle. Enemy position cannot be marked by JTAC. FOr indirect fire, anything bigger then a light 60mm mortar is pointless. Would be a light infantry war and helicopter campaign. Which is why, the smart strategy for intervention, aka invasion, of Venezuela with objective of regime change, would be to secure coast, littoral, and economic (oil bearing) Orinoco Basin. Defending Venezuelan Defense Forces, at least those loyal to Maduro, should be pushed into the jungle and contained there. The jungle will swallow them. The situation would devolve into urban and jungle insurgency. So unless Venezuelan armed forces can be persuaded to not resist the regime change, or do it themselves, I do not see US inserting large amount of forces needed. Just unviable.

The map area there would be quite large, our old Tucanos have already bombed many pirate tracks in support of arms and drug trafficking in our Amazon forests. Our toucans with updates look a lot like the A-10C's panels, of course, in ammunition because they are mono-motors carry much less bombs. I know that this year the Tucano for DCS will be released, the map would be cool for them!

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

I Agree it would be a very interesting map.

Specially with lots of plausible scenarios, FARP, Venezuela, Brasil clashes do happen more than often.

With Bolsonaro in Brasil and Maduro in Venezuela, anything can happen, ad the volatile mix of Colombia and its FARP, and you can have a hundred and one conflict scenarios ...

wow - what a fantastic idea... i think it would be a great map

can the gunboats navigate rivers yet in dcs?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

• 2 weeks later...
dooom said:
wow - what a fantastic idea... i think it would be a great map

can the gunboats navigate rivers yet in dcs?

Unfortunately no, though I hope that in the future, it's something that gets added.

EDIT: Actually, yes, they can.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 month later...