F-16C Arab Spring Campaign

Florence201

You do have enough of a loadout to personally destroy all 8 units (4 at each site). You will have to use A-G gun to complete, but it's doable

Have you considered using CBU-97s? Ideal weapon to take out multiple grouped launchers and a central radar unit.

Ever heard the saying 'one pass - haul ass?' You're not an A-10 :music_whistling:

Not telling you how to build your own missions, just a query. I need to go back in and start campaign again clearing out each site fully....

Regarding the SP 2 for timing, have you considered a later takeoff (save fuel) or loitering at SP1 till push time (radio msg from Hornets)? Is a little unusual to fly feet dry, then back out feet wet just for 'timing'.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CBUs.. waaay to powerful :) - especially these 97s :)

Dropping iron ccip wise imho is more fun... so I usually tend to go with the mission designers loadout..

Flying these with latest 2.5.6

Reading the buildings icons as 'russian' out of F10 map was just my first idea of why I wasn't able to R&R or even get the chokes on the wheels...

Maybe some sort of ground units have to be present as with the farps?

Tbh I am just guessing as I haven't used the mission designer a long time..

In Kish I was parking right beside one of the F15s...

Hmm - at mission start I CAN use normal F8 radio to talk to the ground crew, ask for R&R. So it is something else.

I tried at parking spot and after taxiing to the far end of the line of parked F15s to be sure it has nothing to with the soldiers you placed close to the spot where one begins...

CBUs.. waaay to powerful :) - especially these 97s :)

Raining down death and destruction from above is generally the idea :thumbup:

In real combat you generally go with the most effective option, as opposed to the 'most fun' - but everyone can play DCS how they like, that's the whole point of it :joystick:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Got all 8, landed back in Kish, was able to talk to ground crew without a problem...

Sry for the hassle... But I really don't know what I could have done other this time then the first time.

Anyways - had ALOT of fun with this - and the good thing is - was just the 1st!

Happy me.

Thank you!

Well in real combat you kill people. You don't want to get killed - so you use drones, B52 and all the 'effective' stuff to kill. Technology. The crossbow renders the mighty knight useless..

But you got what I think.

Maybe next mission - I like the surprise. Using brain and skill and that old school stuff (or at least I have that feeling :) )

You see, in RL I so much better like to fly gliders (as sailplanes) then cessnas or pipers... ;)

Completed the 1st Mission

I could refuel and rearm in departure

Went slowly to WP2 saving fuel and had fuel to dodge a SAM, drop 10 bombs (8 on targets) and RTB

All blue (friendlys) at the airfield island

Thanks for the Campaign :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Completed the 1st Mission

I could refuel and rearm in departure

Went slowly to WP2 saving fuel and had fuel to dodge a SAM, drop 10 bombs (8 on targets) and RTB

All blue (friendlys) at the airfield island

Thanks for the Campaign :thumbup:

As long as you don't engage until SEAD flight calls "Target# down" then you'll be good.

Glad you're enjoying it :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Florence!

I'm trying to fly mission six, but something is wrong.

When I'm at mission brifieng, if I hit the "mission planner" button, the game hangs while loading, I get an error window that says "Shader "model/fake_spot_lights.fx" failed to compile - HRESULT: ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND" and after I close it, the game crashes. If I go straight to the mission, the game hangs while loading and I have to shut it down.

Any idea what's going on and how to fix it?

Hi Florence!

I'm trying to fly mission six, but something is wrong.

When I'm at mission brifieng, if I hit the "mission planner" button, the game hangs while loading, I get an error window that says "Shader "model/fake_spot_lights.fx" failed to compile - HRESULT: ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND" and after I close it, the game crashes. If I go straight to the mission, the game hangs while loading and I have to shut it down.

Any idea what's going on and how to fix it?

So this appears to be a DCS 2.5.6 related issue. May i suggest to all (until i can get an update released) that you go into all missions in teh ME and change anything that is a MOD. ie, change P-3 to S-3, C-5 to C-17 and maybe change the CVN George Bush to USS Stennis. This should remove all mods to see if that is the problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Florence!

Thanks for getting back to me.

I tried what you suggested but, unfortunately, even when you try to open the missions in the ME the game hangs and crashes.

It happens even with the F/A-18 version of the campaign. I made several attempts and I think the culpirit is the USS Washington, as every other mission where that carrier is not present opens without issues and, as a matter of fact, I was able to play the F-16 version of the campaign in 2.5.6 without problems till the point where USS Washington enter the AOR.

So, unless there's another way other than the ME to remove it, I'm afraid we won't be able to play the campaign... :(

Hey Florence!

Thanks for getting back to me.

I tried what you suggested but, unfortunately, even when you try to open the missions in the ME the game hangs and crashes.

It happens even with the F/A-18 version of the campaign. I made several attempts and I think the culpirit is the USS Washington, as every other mission where that carrier is not present opens without issues and, as a matter of fact, I was able to play the F-16 version of the campaign in 2.5.6 without problems till the point where USS Washington enter the AOR.

So, unless there's another way other than the ME to remove it, I'm afraid we won't be able to play the campaign... :(

Yeah i figured that might be the case. So 2.5.6 won't even let you open the missions with George Bush in the ME? I'm trying to get a new version updated, but the DCS server keeps stopping the upload.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately, that seems to be the case. If someone is running 2.5.5, maybe he might fix it for us and upload the missions in here.

I have the fixes made, i just can't upload them to the DCS user files page for some reason. And the zip file limit on here is too small

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanx Florence, i reached mission #6 too, and it fails to load cause George Bush carrier is missing

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

do we have to restart the campaign from mission 1?

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

completed mission 5, could not load mission 6. now i have to restart?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hello I'm flying mission 2 and I'm having a problem with the tgp in ccrp

in practice there is an offset between what I see on the hud and what I see in the mfd.

I don't know maybe I'm wrong but usually in other flights the two points coincide, not here.

Edited by Lukino81

completed mission 5, could not load mission 6. now i have to restart?

Gregkar, just download the new version of the campaign, unzip missions 6 to 13 from the "NO MOD" folder and copy them into your old campaign, overwriting the old files. You'll be able to continue the campaign where you left it.

OTOH, Florence, how can I get the wingmen to attack mission targets? In missions six I tried with the "Engage mission" commands, the "Attack my target" command and the "Engage ground targets" command, but nothing worked, the darn morons just kept flying around without dropping their bombs... I hit one of the Tarantulas with 4 GBU-12s, the ship soaked up 68% of damage and kept merrily going its way.... :cry:

Hey people, I can't get the campaign to start.

Every time I load it up I get the "You need military planes mod to run this".

I've got that mod and installed it to both the Savedgames directory and the Steam game files directory under mods/aircraft in both cases but it still doesn't run.

Is there something I'm missing?