Cold War 1947 - 1991 - Page 198 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-08-2020, 02:32 PM   #1971
Alpenwolf

Combined Arms Tournament 3:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=269040

Cold War 1947 - 1991
Helicopters Tournaments
You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:47 PM   #1972
Brown Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpenwolf View Post
Or maybe have Mi-8's/UH-1's deploy an artillery unit or an APC. Then drive that unit towards the enemy's base and blast the hell out of it with aerial support as well.
Ah, good point. I haven't tried taking out the SAM units with ground units yet, that's probably the way to do it. In fact, now you got me wondering if we can use JTACs (well, Forward Air Controllers during the Cold War) in the vehicles to mark enemy units with smoke for air attacks. I'd better check the CTLD notes...

Quote:
What about Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed? Any issues there?
Only played that once for a few minutes at the tail end of its debut session.
Brown Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:00 PM   #1973
Alpenwolf

JTAC's are enabled.

Cold War 1947 - 1991
Helicopters Tournaments
You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com
Old 04-09-2020, 07:53 AM   #1974
Alpenwolf

Server News:

All weapons are now available in all missions. (Nuke bombs remain disabled)

Cold War 1947 - 1991
Helicopters Tournaments
Old 04-09-2020, 11:20 AM   #1975
rossmum

Awesome, thanks Should be a little fairer on the blues now while giving us MiG jockeys our signature weapon back!

Had an absolute blast on Sail Ahoy! earlier after a bad false start on Catch Me If You Can (which is usually one of the missions I enjoy most, go figure, I'll blame my lack of skill with the MiG-19). There was some very... creative strategy from one of the blue players, so I actually taught myself to use the Grom after a year and a half of flying the 21, and got a gun kill on a BMP

Last edited by rossmum; 04-09-2020 at 04:03 PM.
rossmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 05:39 PM   #1976
Dehuman

Another fantastic night with some great teamwork and great comms. (You know who you are)
For the first time I've ever seen we managed to achieve this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_200410_035734.png
Views:	184
Size:	815.3 KB
ID:	232031  
Dehuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:22 PM   #1977
Alpenwolf

@ Dehuman:

WOW! This really must be the first time the objective was actually completed! We've got some awesome dedicated pilots on the server.

Cold War 1947 - 1991
Helicopters Tournaments
Old 04-11-2020, 01:01 PM   #1978
rossmum

Learnt a hard lesson earlier today about my need to brush up on the 29, and just how short-legged it really is. The restriction to 60s make it a bit of a trap almost! Think I'll stick to the 21 next time, especially if I'm already on a roll with it...
Old 04-11-2020, 03:18 PM   #1979
Velosocuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehuman View Post
Another fantastic night with some great teamwork and great comms. (You know who you are)
For the first time I've ever seen we managed to achieve this:
we really had a great time that day, although i think you could make more dificult to clear each water station, like adding some AAA and more infantry. Last night we captured al 4 airfields in Abu Dahbi but the mission didnt ended even after more than 30 min, is this the way its suposed to be?? i hope that in the future more missions get a greater ground war centric theme like when the mountains cry with more dificult objectives and of course a lot more Helo action. Big thanks for your work mr Alpenwolf. Now the server seems to be down. Sorry about all my spelling errors
Velosocuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 05:59 PM   #1980
Alpenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velosocuba View Post
we really had a great time that day, although i think you could make more dificult to clear each water station, like adding some AAA and more infantry. Last night we captured al 4 airfields in Abu Dahbi but the mission didnt ended even after more than 30 min, is this the way its suposed to be?? i hope that in the future more missions get a greater ground war centric theme like when the mountains cry with more dificult objectives and of course a lot more Helo action. Big thanks for your work mr Alpenwolf. Now the server seems to be down. Sorry about all my spelling errors
More difficult? Even though When The mountains Cry was completed for the first time just recently? The mission is at least 1 year old.
Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi was fixed! It should rotate now after completing the objective.
Server's up and running. Check again, please. Players are online.

Cold War 1947 - 1991
Helicopters Tournaments