how to hooked by wire 2?

flankerjun

With the coming of SC I want to make my carrier landing more perfect,i can hooked by any wire with the possibility of 25%,but i want to hook wire 2,which position of the deck should i point my velocity vector?

通过我的 ONEPLUS A5010 上的 Tapatalk发言

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

Do you mean the "Three" Wire? They are numbered from the Stern Forward...1, 2, 3, 4,.

You should be aiming for the 3 Wire.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Do you mean the "Three" Wire? They are numbered from the Stern Forward...1, 2, 3, 4,.

You should be aiming for the 3 Wire.

Yes the wire 3,i make the mistake

通过我的 ONEPLUS A5010 上的 Tapatalk发言

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

Do not aim with the velocity vector. Fly the ball! If you can keep it between the green lights, you should catch the 3 wire.

I keep seeing this 'fly the ball' but I can't see the ball well enough for it to be useful. I try using it once in a while but it's only good for the last 1/2 mile or so for me. I keep the top of the VV circle about even w/ the top edge of the deck.

The Ball is just the ships representation of your ILS glide slope. If you fly the needles and have them perfectly lined up, then you should hit the 3 wire every time. Well at least in real life, DCS has a habit of being DCS. I typically find that if I am on glide slope my VV is pointed to the left of the crotch and about halfway from the 4 wire and crotch. That is just me though.

Ah, the elusive 'flying the ball'. Sounds easy.

My specialty is taxing to the one wire. I'll get it some day. Sometimes I hook-skip and catch the 3 or 4 wire, but that's the exception.

I'm hoping to stay to the right of the left foul line some day as well.

If you cant see the ball focus on flying the pattern correctly. Go out of the groove at the right altitute and maintain a 3° negative pitch so you are on a good way on the gludeslope until you see the ball.

You slso fly wirh ICLS. Gives you a good hint where to be during the final. You still need the ball, allways fly the ball. But you can do 7/10 of the final without it.

Could you post a screenshot of your view from a 3/4 mile final?

Thanks.

Here ya go.

49747134052_a5d375c680_z.jpg3 4 mile out by craig stuard, on Flickr

Not sure what was happening w/ the DCS screenshot. I went into controls and it had SysRQ greyed out in the keyboard column. Cleared it but then clicking the Add button and nothing happened. I got this using L Control + PretScn. As a reference point this is a new PC and new 27 inch gaming screen both Alienware. One way I know it is much better than the old one is I can now see plane dots before the labels pop up. BTW, it's not to bad in this one (doing a straighten approach in the Persian Gulf carrier landing mission) but in others depending on lighting I am not sure who thought it a good idea to put the bright white dome right behind the lights. BTW 2, for this last 3/4 mile I purposely flew to move the VV from the beginning of the deck to the end and couldn't see any change in the ball.

Zooming in helps a lot. You may try the following mod (no idea if it works in 2.5.6 as I am well able to spot the ball from distance with a little bit of zoom)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300900/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

I will try zooming. I thought of it, but I'd have to move my hand from the throttle, and it seems like cheating. I will give it a try though as I 'think' maybe I can do it w/ my thumb. I can definitely do a zoom, not sure about getting back to normal.

I used a little extra zoom when I first started too... I suggest setting it up during the final stages of the turn (when you're moving the throttles less) and riding that zoom all the way to the wires. No need to readjust to normal perspective until you're either stationary or perhaps leveled off back at pattern altitude.

Speaking of the 3 wire, when you successfully trap - how do you know which wire you caught? Is there something that tells you or do you just have to know based on where you stopped on the deck? I can usually tell a 4 wire since I'm almost up to Cat 1. But for the others, how do you know?

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

you could switch to the f2 view quickly and see which wire you caught or maybe look over your shoulder if you are using Track IR or VR.

Alterntatively, you could use @Bankler's mission and that gives you a full rundown on your recovery, including which wire you caught

Speaking of the 3 wire, when you successfully trap - how do you know which wire you caught? Is there something that tells you or do you just have to know based on where you stopped on the deck? I can usually tell a 4 wire since I'm almost up to Cat 1. But for the others, how do you know?

Looking on F2 Map after sucessfull Trap.

you could switch to the f2 view quickly and see which wire you caught or maybe look over your shoulder if you are using Track IR or VR.

Alterntatively, you could use @Bankler's mission and that gives you a full rundown on your recovery, including which wire you caught

I do the F2 when not in Bankler's mission. You have to do a quick mouse move to rotate the view as it starts out w/ a side view of your plane.

Cool thanks. I've been trying to just look over my shoulder in VR and occasionally I can see the wire as its retracting. But it's been occassionally hard to tell which wire it was. I'll try F2

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB