Got my new gunfighter III and MCG Pro L

BMGZ06

Well I have to first say that overall the precision is for sure better over the TM warthog. however; the MCG grip is very very light which I am sure is to work better with the cam systems and springs. It is just going to take awhile to get used to over the heavier warthog grip.

The precision is so much finer over the warthog it almost feels unreal to me. I mean if I even think move stick left it basically does and the plane responds right away unlike the warthog which tends to require a lot more movement off center point to get a response. This is what was making it hard for me to refuel since I often ended up moving the stick too much then got into PIO. Now that is not really an issue. I was able to plug the basket on the S3 pod my first time and hold it there for about 3000lbs of fuel until it started to turn then I over corrected since my muscle memory is set to move more.

I am using the base with the cams and springs it came with and no adjustment to the damper yet. Should I go to the heaviest spring right off without the extension?

One things that I am going to have to fix is on the 200mm extension. The slot on the end that goes to the base with that use that odd little locking screw with the angled cut metal pieces that put pressure on the base mount. No idea what that little thing is called. Well the either the hole on one side of the extension is not open enough or the little metal cylinders that slide inside are too big. I cannot get it to go all the way through to then mount it to the base. The one that goes directly to the grip is fine. I am not yet sure how to fix this since just drilling it out could cause more issues than it solves. I may just get a tapered hole file to open it up more.

I do also like the MCG pro grip because it has more buttons but I am trying to find out if the paddle lever in front can be used like the one on the warthog and not just as an axis so I can bind it to autopilot/NWS again.

I have to say this base is a major improvement over the warthog. If people are wondering if it is worth it to get one, I would say yes it is. It makes the warthog feel clunky but I still love the metal grip over the plastic grip feel. Not a big deal though. I am hoping to get the VKB adapter to also use the TM Hornet grip.

GOOD WORK VKB:thumbup:

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Well I have to first say that overall the precision is for sure better over the TM warthog. however; the MCG grip is very very light which I am sure is to work better with the cam systems and springs. It is just going to take awhile to get used to over the heavier warthog grip.

The precision is so much finer over the warthog it almost feels unreal to me. I mean if I even think move stick left it basically does and the plane responds right away unlike the warthog which tends to require a lot more movement off center point to get a response. This is what was making it hard for me to refuel since I often ended up moving the stick too much then got into PIO. Now that is not really an issue. I was able to plug the basket on the S3 pod my first time and hold it there for about 3000lbs of fuel until it started to turn then I over corrected since my muscle memory is set to move more.

I am using the base with the cams and springs it came with and no adjustment to the damper yet. Should I go to the heaviest spring right off without the extension?

One things that I am going to have to fix is on the 200mm extension. The slot on the end that goes to the base with that use that odd little locking screw with the angled cut metal pieces that put pressure on the base mount. No idea what that little thing is called. Well the either the hole on one side of the extension is not open enough or the little metal cylinders that slide inside are too big. I cannot get it to go all the way through to then mount it to the base. The one that goes directly to the grip is fine. I am not yet sure how to fix this since just drilling it out could cause more issues than it solves. I may just get a tapered hole file to open it up more.

I do also like the MCG pro grip because it has more buttons but I am trying to find out if the paddle lever in front can be used like the one on the warthog and not just as an axis so I can bind it to autopilot/NWS again.

I have to say this base is a major improvement over the warthog. If people are wondering if it is worth it to get one, I would say yes it is. It makes the warthog feel clunky but I still love the metal grip over the plastic grip feel. Not a big deal though. I am hoping to get the VKB adapter to also use the TM Hornet grip.

GOOD WORK VKB:thumbup:

Do not try to expand that hole for the locking pin. It will fit, sometimes you have to fiddle with it to get it started just right. I used to have to fiddle with mine on my original Gunfighter, my newer MK III not so much, it seemed to go in easily for me.

Yes, you can also assign a button to paddle lever in addition to axis. I have mine set this way.

See here:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2868

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Do not try to expand that hole for the locking pin. It will fit, sometimes you have to fiddle with it to get it started just right. I used to have to fiddle with mine on my original Gunfighter, my newer MK III not so much, it seemed to go in easily for me.

Yes, you can also assign a button to paddle lever in addition to axis. I have mine set this way.

See here:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2868

Ya I fiddled with it a lot trust me. This is for the extension though not on the grip itself just to be clear. That lock fit just fine.

Thanks for the link though. That will help. Are you running heavier multiple springs (#50's)? I saw some put two springs on each side but I thought that would end up taking out the bearing faster.

Edited by BMGZ06

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

+1 for not try to drill to enlarge the hole. Have you tried to swap the locking cylinders from the grip to extension?

If it still doesn't work try this: insert the end cylinder (the one with threads) from the left side of the grip until the cutout meets the shaft inside; hold it with your finger. Insert the other cylinder with the screw from the right side and tighten the screw. At the end both cylinders are supposed to get inside the hole; if any cylinders sticks out at the end it means it's not properly locked.

I got it to fit but it has a small burr that i sanded off that was the issue. I tried out the extension but it was just too light feeling. The stick movement is already really low resistance without the extension. I guess I will have to change springs.

... if the paddle lever in front can be used like the one on the warthog and not just as an axis so I can bind it to autopilot/NWS again.

You can configure the lever to act as an axis and send a button press at the same time. Very useful if you want the lever as a brake in the Spit and autopilot/NWS for the F-18.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Ya I fiddled with it a lot trust me. This is for the extension though not on the grip itself just to be clear. That lock fit just fine.

Thanks for the link though. That will help. Are you running heavier multiple springs (#50's)? I saw some put two springs on each side but I thought that would end up taking out the bearing faster.

I am running one each #50 spring per axis with my 200mm extension.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I am running one each #50 spring per axis with my 200mm extension.

I will have to try those out. The stick is just a little to easy to move for my taste right now with stock cams and springs.

Tried out the #50 springs with both no extension and the 200mm extension. I came to realize I do not like the extension at all. Too much through for me and I lose the ability to make fine adjustments in AAR. I went back to no extension and the #40 springs. I loosened up the dampers a half turn since I have no idea how much impact that really makes yet. I do like a stiffer throw but I am going to have to trial and error this. I may toss on the #30's with the 40's to see how that feels. I have the Avia-S cams in it still as well.

So far I am loving this stick though.

Not counting the price of the base and grip. What did it cost to get it to you and how long did it take? I assume it came from China? Duties, taxes etc.

Edit: Disregard I misread.

There are no duties/import fees into the States, shipping on my Gunfighter MK III Pro L with MCG Pro grip was $48.00.

It was shipped via DHL.

It took about two and a half weeks to get to me, but DHL handed off to USPS and they missed me on first delivery attempt - signature was required, and took them about another 4 days to get it re-delivered to me.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Not counting the price of the base and grip. What did it cost to get it to you and how long did it take? I assume it came from China? Duties, taxes etc.

Well for me I paid $506 total with shipping of 48 bucks. It came via Fedex. It was shipped on the 4th after I ordered on the 3rd and it got me on the 8th. No other fees involved if the packaged in under $800 normally.

I am not sure if they use different carriers at different times though. If they use normal postal service and that means it gets handed off to USPS then it will take at least 2 weeks due to customs being so much slower for USPS parcels for some reason. My green spring from Sahaj took 2 weeks to get to me due to customs.

Also Sahaj is still supposed to send me the new o-rings I ordered back on March 8th and he has not responded to any emails since March 19th so I would say that is a bad sign.