Spitfire HD Gunsight and Light Tint Armoured Glass

Grajo

Hi,

Use the zip I uploaded for you and put it INSTEAD of the original. Use uploaded one no original one. There is no way that this can not work, as the game is going to read the textures from that zip file.

HR_Grajo_HD_Reticle_and_glass_mod.jpg

This is the way is looking right now for me using exactly the same file. (just downloaded it and replaced to be sure that it was working)

Sorry, but I can do nothing else to help by now matte. Is it working this way for anybody else? It should. Some feedback will be appreciated, just in case :].

Thanks

Cheers for the help mate but still no joy. I've done a direct replacement as you suggest with the original game zip folder in the DCS folder but no joy.

I also tried replacing your mod through my mods folder in Saved Games but no joy there either. The gun reticle works mind you so thats good. I also tried another similar mod by Toby with the same results.

Just so I'm not going insane, can you clarify that the attached pic is that of the original glass please.

Delete the two directories path: C:\Users\xxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

- fxo

- metashaders2

You have in the folder x:\Games\DCS World 2.5\Mods\aircraft\SpitfireLFMkIX\Cockpit\Textures\ only file Cockpit_Spitfire_LFMkIX_Textures.zip?

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

SUCCESS!!!!!! No idea what I had done!! I should probably leave computers well alone from now on. Cheers chums I owe you one

@Petsild - it’s entirely possible that last night I just had a massive brain fart with the amount of files and folders open. Although why I couldn’t get it to work when I first tried today as anyone’s guess seen as I tried exactly the same thing again and it worked! Anyhow, it works and I’m happy and appreciate all the help. Cheers bud

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone found the right syntax for the description.lua yet so one could use the files from the saved games folder?

SpitfireIX_CPT_GLASS_DIFF.dds

SpitfireIX_CPT_GLASS_DIFF_FILTR.dds

SpitfireIX_CPT_GLASS_DIFF_RoughMet.dds

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

No it doesn't for the Spitfire but it works for other modules given the correct description.lua in a cockpit_module folder (e.g. SavedGames/DCSworld/Liveries/Cockpit_P-51D/)

I hope somebody finds/exports a newer description.lua so we can make it work (the extractor always crashes for me).

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance

I think we are just talking past each other - never mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Why have you kept the vertical lines extending into the circle?

Even looking at your references you can see that it's not correct. :)

By the way, here's one I made more than a year ago.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184181

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2448553/

PS: I'm also the author of the modded reticle on the UK aircrafts in the original Il2 Sturmovik. :)

G6XLe1V.png

I have tried to improve the vanilla reticle using some references. Never said that this was a realistic or authentic mod, just looks better, at least that is my opinion.

You have a point about the vertical lines, if other people want to get rid of them I might consider removing the intersection.

I tried your Spitfire reticle mod a long time ago, and I did not like it. That is the reason I tried to do my own.:)

I have tried to improve the vanilla reticle using some references. Never said that this was a realistic or authentic mod, just looks better, at least that is my opinion.

You have a point about the vertical lines, if other people want to get rid of them I might consider removing the intersection.

I tried your Spitfire reticle mod a long time ago, and I did not like it. That is the reason I tried to do my own.:)

Pity you didn't tell me what you did not like about it.

G6XLe1V.png

I know that there are two mods gunsight reticle. Create the real form is very hard and I appreciate :thumbup: the work of both creators.

Personally, I prefer from Grajo, which is visually dynamic even though it has extra vertical lines.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Is there a mod which removes the HUD glass tint ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Still a great mod in DCS 2.9. Thanks!

FYI: In-depth YouTube Video of Spitfire Mk V - Gun Sight MkII:

https://youtu.be/Lq8NBk42BJ4?si=ORvdJLBG264q6xXL

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]