F-16 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 12:11 PM   #1
SparxOne

Default F-16 Module

Hello everyone,

I'm sure this has been asked before but did not manage to find a clear answer to my question, especially with the very old answers i found.

My question is : Will there ever be an F-16 modeled up in DCS World (Just to make sure everyone understands me, i'm talking about a flyable one, like the M2000-C Module coming up) ? Whether it is done by ED or thrid party ?

I've always wondered why it was not there yet being the most commun Multi-role fighter throughout the world and owned by so many air forces, been in so many theaters of war too, this plane remains somehow an iconic one

Thank you for sharing your infos on that

Last edited by SparxOne; 11-22-2015 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Added : (Just to make sure everyone understands me, i'm talking about a flyable one, like the M2000-C Module coming up)
Old 11-22-2015, 12:27 PM   #2
Itael

There is a thread about it in the wish list. But the short answer is no. Nothing official from ED or a third party developer.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:40 PM   #3
Tello

The F/A-18 release will shut many wishful armchair pilots up. Personally I think that ED back then were considering both,(Viper and F/A-1 but ended up pulling the F/A-18 up from their magic hat. Now when DCS 2.0 and Nevada finally reaching public, imagine all that "manpowerhours" ready to focus on (new)modules. Oh yeah, I think 2016 will be the year that many simmers will talk about as the NEW ERA!! mehe
Old 11-22-2015, 12:43 PM   #4
Oldguy

It's possible that ED, or perhaps a third party developer, does not want to intrude upon the presence of BMS 4.33.

It is a disappointment, in my opinion, because DCS is much more approachable, from a gaming world interface, than is that older product.

However, the BMS 4.33 modelling of the F-16, as an aircraft, seems to be very meticulous, and any comparison, particularly with a new attempt by ED or one of their developers, might suffer, ab initio.

However, I believe that, for example, Eagle Dynamics, Leatherneck Studios, or RAZBAM is well-qualified to attempt the development of the F-16, based on their success with their own high-fidelity products.

But whoever does will face the inevitable comparisons with Falcon 4.0 in its present form, and that might prove daunting in the short-term.

I would certainly support such a product with my money.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:25 PM   #5
Slick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy View Post
It's possible that ED, or perhaps a third party developer, does not want to intrude upon the presence of BMS 4.33.

It is a disappointment, in my opinion, because DCS is much more approachable, from a gaming world interface, than is that older product.

However, the BMS 4.33 modelling of the F-16, as an aircraft, seems to be very meticulous, and any comparison, particularly with a new attempt by ED or one of their developers, might suffer, ab initio.

However, I believe that, for example, Eagle Dynamics, Leatherneck Studios, or RAZBAM is well-qualified to attempt the development of the F-16, based on their success with their own high-fidelity products.

But whoever does will face the inevitable comparisons with Falcon 4.0 in its present form, and that might prove daunting in the short-term.

I would certainly support such a product with my money.
Well said old man. I personally would love to see the F-16 in DCS.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:37 PM   #6
75th-VFS-Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy View Post
It's possible that ED, or perhaps a third party developer, does not want to intrude upon the presence of BMS 4.33
Just my opinion but I don't think the developers from ED have the slightest care about BMS development and it wouldn't stop them or one of their third party developers from developing their own F-16. This has been discussed before but it's probably based more on what's classified and licensing.
32 GB Memory
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
Old 11-22-2015, 05:49 PM   #7
Steph

I think... if ED make module F18... it will not more difficult for F16 module ... perhaps..
Old 11-23-2015, 01:14 PM   #8
Mr_Burns

Why isn't there an F-18 page, only Facebook?
Old 11-23-2015, 01:47 PM   #9
OnlyforDCS

Eagle Dynamics doesn't want any comparisons to that other sim. Even though DCS does certain things like systems modeling and flight modeling so much better this is not what most casual players will focus on. Maybe after DCS World 2.0 is released and we get a whole new theater and other 2.0 goodies like the improved ATC, we might see a DCS: F16C (or better) down the line. I certainly hope so.

(Is this post better mods? )
Old 11-23-2015, 01:56 PM   #10
mvsgas
Veteran

I think it's just a matter of time, eventually they will want to use a well liked aircraft, used all over the world. So hopefully the question is not if they make a F-16 module but when they do, which F-16 would they use? Like the Mig-21 (and many other combat aircraft) there are so many different versions and sub versions.

CPU=Intel Core I3 7320, Mo/Bo= ASRock B250 Gaming K4, Memory DDR42400 pc4-19200 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V, video card=EVGA GTX 1060 SC, 6gb gddr 5, Joystick=Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X, Track IR, Win10 64
Closed Thread

Tags
f-16, module