Post MotherBoard Specs Of Bricked TM Warthogs Here Please

twobells

Asus P6 SE, throttle and stick using on board USB, NO power running to throttle on shut down.

Two Bricked within four weeks of each other.

No other USB or voltage issues to date since pc build.

Serial #: 04923 (last one)

Edited by twobells

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

just remember guys, correlation does not imply causation

and I believe there were some bricked throttles connected to USB hubs...

that right there tells me the MB isn't the culprit, don't you think?

For non-bricked owners are your green lights (i: hotas powered) when your machine is turned off?

My friend owns a Asus P6T and when his pc is off the hotas still has power to it (green lights are on) and hasn't had a brick yet.

Possible answer?

Perhaps we must use external usb hubs that power the unit constantly as a short term fix.

Maybe the ones using usb hubs that DID brick turned off power to the hub at some point?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

Intel DG33FB

Throttle & stick connected via externally-powered USB hub.

No issues with any other connected device.

Admin don't make this sticky; THRUSTMASTER, GIVE US SOME INFO!

Thanks. ;)

Did you power down your usb hub and pc at any time while your throttle was connected?

Edited by twobells

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Toadster:

PC Specs: Alienware Aurora (Mobo 0H869M) BIOS A11 / i7920 O.C @ 3.2 / ATI 5870 1GB DDR5 / 9GB RAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For non-bricked owners are your green lights (i: hotas powered) when your machine is turned off?

My friend owns a Asus P6T and when his pc is off the hotas still has power to it (green lights are on) and hasn't had a brick yet.

Possible answer?

Perhaps we must use external usb hubs that power the unit constantly as a short term fix.

Maybe the ones using usb hubs that DID brick turned off power to the hub at some point?

I have mine plugged into the MB (P6T) and the lights on the throttle are on 24/7. No problem so far.

I'm always half expecting to come in and see it dark one day. Not a good feeling, like driving a car that just started making a funny noise and waiting for the engine to die.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

P6T Deluxe V2 here with an i7 920 CPU, I didn't want to leave the throttle lit all night so I switched the computer off at the PSU, throttle lasted three days before it died. In a dilemma now about what to do, unplug throttle from USB over night or waste power and leave it running?

I know someone else with the same mobo who leaves it lit up 24/7 since Nov and no problems with his.

Edited by Blackrat_UK

...unplug throttle from USB over night or waste power and leave it running?

the most your throttle alone could use is around .5 watts, so if you think it might prevent a bricking you're probably ok leaving it on.

I leave mine on overnight sometimes, and others I hot-unplug it before shutting down. No problems so far.

I have mine plugged into a front usb port. Gigabyte MA74GM-S2 motherboard, Athlon x2 processor

Seems there is a new firmware available (20) on all outgoing hogs, all we need now is to gain access to it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Asus P5KC -> Throttle doesn't work.

Mainboard: Asus P8P67 Evo

Prozessor: Intel Core i7 2600 @3,4GHz

Grafikkarte: Asus ENGTX580

Arbeitsspeicher: Kingston 8GB DDR3-RAM, 1333MHz, CL9

Soundkarte: Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series

Betriebssystem: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

• 4 weeks later...

I've come really close to pulling the trigger on the TM Warthog and only one thing has stopped me, price. It's not that I can't afford it, it's just grossly overpriced imo.

Now I have two reasons not to buy one. :(

My past experience with Thrustmaster is that they provide excellent support for their products, so here' hoping they fix the issues and get everybody squared away soon.

Intel Core I7 2600K, DP67BG Motherboard, 12GB Ram, MSI GTX460, Saitek PRO Flight X-65F, Dual 1080P Monitors

Flight Sims:

* DCS: A-10C Warthog

* DCS: Ka-50 Blackshark

* Lock On Platinum

* Rise of Flight

* Enemy Engaged - RAH66 Comanche Vs KA-52 Hokum

My throttle died a couple of weeks ago and I have to say, Thrustmaster support were fantastic! They even paid (£50) the shipping costs.

It's a new product and s**t happens, i'm just glad to find a manufacturer who is genuinely keen to iron out the bugs and improve the product rather than push the blame onto the end user (which I see all too often)

• 2 weeks later...

Mine just died too - worked like a dream last night and today dead.

890FXA-GD70

Sucks that I'm in South Africa and paid $1000 for it, returns are going to be a serious headache..

-cries-

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing" - Winston Churchill

Windows 7 64bit - AMD 1090T OC @ 4.02ghz NB @2.6ghz - MSI 990FXA-GD80 - 4x Geil Black Dragon 2GB 9-9-9-28 @ 1666mhz - 2x Geforce 580 GTX SLI OC @ Core 900Mhz Shaders 1800Mhz Memory 2100Mhz - Samsung 24" T240 @ 1900 x 1200 - 2 x Velicoraptor 150GB HDD - TM Warthog - Track IR 5 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - iPad & iPad2 running iControl DCS

Mine just died too - worked like a dream last night and today dead.

890FXA-GD70

Sucks that I'm in South Africa and paid $1000 for it, returns are going to be a serious headache..

-cries-

Hello

I'm very sorry for breaking your throttle , how's you had purchased ?

Serial Number ?

Thanks

hello guys when my pc is off the lights are close

so what is the problem

is it has to do with the serials

mine is 04213

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Hello

I'm very sorry for breaking your throttle , how's you had purchased ?

Serial Number ?

Thanks

Purchased through an Amazon importer here in SA.

Serial is 02648

Still awaiting a response from my retailer. :-(

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing" - Winston Churchill

Windows 7 64bit - AMD 1090T OC @ 4.02ghz NB @2.6ghz - MSI 990FXA-GD80 - 4x Geil Black Dragon 2GB 9-9-9-28 @ 1666mhz - 2x Geforce 580 GTX SLI OC @ Core 900Mhz Shaders 1800Mhz Memory 2100Mhz - Samsung 24" T240 @ 1900 x 1200 - 2 x Velicoraptor 150GB HDD - TM Warthog - Track IR 5 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - iPad & iPad2 running iControl DCS

MSI P67A GD55 I7 2600K CPU

Serial is 01584

Thing turned into a brick today.

Edited by tusler

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals