104th Phoenix - Operation Longbow - Dynamic PvP Mission

104th_Maverick

I do this in the Huey all the time. It's the Load/Unload Troops option (F1) which picks up already deployed units, not the MANPAD option (F4). Obviously, you need to be close enough to them.

You are correct. It does work with the F1.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple days ago and before Patch 4 came out, I took Ka-50 to Blue side's Gali FARP and got really close to their FARP but other side of the tree forest. Machine gun fire went under the trees and got me bad enough as to a slow hydraulic leak. I was only inches off the ground. Apparently gun fire can go under the trees!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Couple days ago and before Patch 4 came out, I took Ka-50 to Blue side's Gali FARP and got really close to their FARP but other side of the tree forest. Machine gun fire went under the trees and got me bad enough as to a slow hydraulic leak. I was only inches off the ground. Apparently gun fire can go under the trees!

I had the same situation you mentioned. It seems that collision model is not the same as the representation of the tree itself though which is obvious to me.

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Oh I'm having so much fun on this server!

I wish to share some of my highlights from last night flying. If it's ok?

My epic fight with a KA-50... I couldn't stop laughing even if he finally killed me;

Some in a Huey made a fantastic jobb setting up Manpads around FARP Gail;

And finally me trolling a enemy fighter - dodging 3 of his missiles;

I really can't say what's better - 2.5 patch or creating this server mission :-)

Also thanks to who ever was GCI - you make the whole experience even more awesome!

Just rolled out a massive update for Longbow.

Post #2 updated - HERE

More briefing info will follow over the weekend including updated maps etc.

Bug Fixes

• -On Senaki, two Gazelles are called Senki SA342M but are L Versions - Fixed

Updates

• -Added additional Red Tanker orbiting over the Kuznetsov patrol area
  • -Added Beslan, Mozdok, Nalchik and Min Vody to the list of capturable bases.
  • -Added four new FARPS in the Bullseye North area.
  • -Added the AIM120C to Tbilisi, Kutaisi and Mozdok.
  • -Removed MANPADS from the deployable menu until I come up with another system to limit the spamming of these units.

RjgGEmZ.png

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

amraams :doh: rarely I have seen anything flying other than amraams

At least is it possible to limit the number each F15 can carry? The spam is real

Edited by Bersagliere81

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Bersagliere81 - AMRAAMS are part of the F-15s arsenal and will no longer be limited, I'm afraid its something you will just have to get used to. They are only available at 3 airbases on the entire map, not every blue airbase has them.

Plaiskool - we have no immediate plans to have all aircraft on each side.

Coxy - They were being abused and were spammed everywhere making it almost unplayable for the Red side.

And as this is a game and not a real war it was having a negative impact on not only player numbers but the playability of the mission.

The MANPADS will be back once I work out a system to limit them.

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The latest copy of the mission for anyone who wants to pre-load in single player or inspect how the mission works or how it was made is available to download from here....

http://www.mediafire.com/file/d8mms5a10wau8o3/1_Op_Longbow_Upgraded_All_Out_War.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;3433793']The MANPADS will be back once I work out a system to limit them.

Instead of MANPADS why don't you just enable the CTLD functionality to deploy AA defences? Presumably - as with JTAC crates - you can limit the numbers that can be deployed?

;3433793']

Coxy - They were being abused and were spammed everywhere making it almost unplayable for the Red side.

And as this is a game and not a real war it was having a negative impact on not only player numbers but the playability of the mission.

Lol i thought you were talking about aim 120 :)

Copy that!

Instead of MANPADS why don't you just enable the CTLD functionality to deploy AA defences? Presumably - as with JTAC crates - you can limit the numbers that can be deployed?

Actually, why even Manpads? I think these are very counter productive to the mission anyway. If it were some kind of radar SAM instead, players of all sides could better work with them.

Getting shot out of nowhere, with no warning and no chance to defend is not very fun. But working through a bunch of radar sams can be. :)

Also I am one of the believers of: "You should alteast need more than one crate to build any kind of defense" :D

Actually, why even Manpads? I think these are very counter productive to the mission anyway. If it were some kind of radar SAM instead, players of all sides could better work with them.

Getting shot out of nowhere, with no warning and no chance to defend is not very fun. But working through a bunch of radar sams can be. :)

Also I am one of the believers of: "You should alteast need more than one crate to build any kind of defense" :D

I believe they are removed for stability sake, a few versions back the radar SAMs were crashing the server.

No, sadly LotATC is not working properly in SATAL with 6 vs 6 so I don't think it will be able to perform in the server with 50+ people in it in its current state.

The long term plan is for us to use LotATC, but until it works without any issues we won't be using it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'Just rolled out a massive update for Longbow.

Post #2 updated - HERE'

The link is broke, for me anyway,,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Seriously asking is it possible to "speed up" night time hours? everyday i get in it is getting dark, and red side lacks of night capabilities. It's been a whole week like this (at least for me), a bit painful

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Seriously asking is it possible to "speed up" night time hours? everyday i get in it is getting dark, and red side lacks of night capabilities. It's been a whole week like this (at least for me), a bit painful

IRST and ET is god mode red A/A in the pitch black darkness

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440