Create waypoints on F10 MAP

Schmidtfire

+1 Very useful for MP

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I used to wish for that too, but lately I've been thinking it's not fair that FC3 players can generate their waypoints instantly by simply pointing clicking on the F10 map, while playing against players in full fidelity modules that have to spend much more time and effort on their aircraft systems to generate their waypoints. IMO, it's already unfair that the FC3 aircraft are the most powerful air superiority modules in multiplayer. I guess the simplicity must come with a price to pay... in multiplayer at least...

And I'm a FC3 player. Sometimes I feel so bad fighting Mirages and A-10C pilots, who put a lot of effort in flying their complex high fidelity modules, that I switch to my helicopters (the only high fidelity modules I currently know how to fly) and do CAS or transport roles on multiplayer.

Been thinking of acquiring the Mirage, but I'm waiting for the DCS 2.5 fixes and optimisations that should come for the release version. Currently with my PC specs, buying any new module wouldn't pay off.

Edited by PeaceSells
  • Like 1

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

• 3 years later...

What if it was like the Viggen or one of those planes with a data cartridge?

You've got a pilot in an FC3 plane on the ground with engines off and the canopy open. The game pretends that there is some ground personnel that hands the pilot a data cartridge with all of the waypoints you entered in the F10 map.

This should be functionality introduced with DCS' DTC system in development, and hopefully it'll be available via the mission planner (hopefully with the ability to save multiple profiles, allowing us to load from a selection of DTC files).

See this post.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.