Tail red flashing beacon (No Bug)

Basilem84

Hi all,

Like all of you I’m eagerly waiting the release of this beautiful bird :)

I watched the launch trailer and saw that the tail flashing beacon on the F/A-18 is not really flashing correctly. I know it’s far to be a priority for ED and I totally understand that but in the future if they could improve that it would be great!

Here is a like to a video to show you what I mean :

Thanks again for your work guys.

Cheers,

B

Edited by Basilem84

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BOOMerCH - virtual Swiss Air Force pilot and real Swiss Air Force soldier

Hi all,

I watched the launch trailer and saw that the tail flashing beacon on the F/A-18 is not really flashing correctly. I know it’s far to be a priority for ED and I totally understand that but in the future if they could improve that it would be great!

Cheers,

B

You can change the intervals of the blinking , its a knob beside the throttle, look at CF-18 videos they blink different as well.

You can change the intervals of the blinking , its a knob beside the throttle, look at CF-18 videos they blink different as well.

Thanks for this info didn’t know that. Will that be modeled in the DCS version ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can certainly do that on the super hornet, but the legacy hornet they only flash at one interval and are not adjustable.

Legacy hornets have STROBE = BRIGHT, DIM, OFF.

SuperHornets can toggle to distinguish between themselves and legacy hornets.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Well the CF-18 definitely has a interval knob

CF-188, EF-18, and All export Variants have them.,

But USN F/A-18A->D and USMC A -> A++ Dont,

USMC F/A-18C+ Does.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Hi all,

Cheers,

B

did you notice the two Hunters at the end of the video ? :megalol:

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

In the trailer their are many times that the strobes are not running when they should be since the strobes should be running at all times when the APU or engines are operating, but when they are running they look as close to real world as you could ask them to be.

The OP asked about the correctness of the DCS module being developed, not a CF-18, and not one of the 30 in the world modified F/A-18C+ models. So to his question, the F/A-18A/B/C/D inside the united states operated by the US Navy, or US Marines, the strobes are able to be selected in the off position, dim, or bright positions but flash in manner according to the circuitry inside the strobe light power supply, and is not changeable by the pilot or maintenance.

I retired from active duty in late 2014, and missed the delivery of the first set of F/A-18C+ models, but it seems very unlikely for them to have upgraded the strobe light system when it has absolutely zero impact on the life, or capability of the aircraft, but instead would cost hundreds of thousands to first modify the aircraft, and then add enough supply of parts to the military supply system to make repairs possible, just to be able to change the sequence of your flashing strobe lights.. But I will absolutely believe it if someone can supply a single document stating a modification of that nature indeed happened.

In the trailer their are many times that the strobes are not running when they should be since the strobes should be running at all times when the APU or engines are operating, but when they are running they look as close to real world as you could ask them to be.

The OP asked about the correctness of the DCS module being developed, not a CF-18, and not one of the 30 in the world modified F/A-18C+ models. So to his question, the F/A-18A/B/C/D inside the united states operated by the US Navy, or US Marines, the strobes are able to be selected in the off position, dim, or bright positions but flash in manner according to the circuitry inside the strobe light power supply, and is not changeable by the pilot or maintenance.

I retired from active duty in late 2014, and missed the delivery of the first set of F/A-18C+ models, but it seems very unlikely for them to have upgraded the strobe light system when it has absolutely zero impact on the life, or capability of the aircraft, but instead would cost hundreds of thousands to first modify the aircraft, and then add enough supply of parts to the military supply system to make repairs possible, just to be able to change the sequence of your flashing strobe lights.. But I will absolutely believe it if someone can supply a single document stating a modification of that nature indeed happened.

the USMC C+'s are essentially Super Hornet Cockpits being Dropped into a Rebuilt Legacy Airframe

The strobes won't be on with APU alone during normal start cycle, as they won't get powered with the battery power but only come up with the first generator coming online, being powered by right 200 VAC bus.

The flash interval is controlled by the strobe light switch, with DIM setting discharging more often but with reduced intensity.

Edited by AKarhu

Dear all, thanks for your kind explanations it’s much clearer now :) I’ll see that next Wednesday when the EA will be released.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The strobes won't be on with APU alone during normal start cycle, as they won't get powered with the battery power but only come up with the first generator coming online, being powered by right 200 VAC bus.

The flash interval is controlled by the strobe light switch, with DIM setting discharging more often but with reduced intensity.

115VAC Buss, the F/A-18 Uses 3 phase 115 volt 30 KVA AC power.

115VAC Buss, the F/A-18 Uses 3 phase 115 volt 30 KVA AC power.

"Aircraft power" is 200 V line voltage. Phase voltage is 115 V. To be completely unambiguous, one would say 200/115 V (or equivalently 115/200 V) , which they actually do here. :)

Edited by AKarhu