Virtual Tuskegee Airmen

Bearitall

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was I who decided that we should have the Red Tails with Afro-American pilots.

I do not think the question was rude. I think it shows respect to the Afro-American community.

So, if a precision, aerobatic virtual team wants to recreate a real life one, in virtual space, they all have to be real, qualified, former aerobatic team members like the "Blue Angels" or the other military branches and the other countries' military, like Canada has, or the civilian teams?

Or if mimicking a former real life squad, the members must meet the real squads pre-qualifications, or be former real life military pilots, to join it?

Actually I have seen squads that were only former military pilots, speaking the professional military lingo/jargon in the other sim I fly.

With this logic, rename the squad or ban the creation of it.

I had a good time on Air Wolf's server last night. Thanks for putting it up.

Edited by ErichVon

It was I who decided that we should have the Red Tails with Afro-American pilots.

I do not think the question was rude. I think it shows respect to the Afro-American community.

It makes sense. :thumbup: Even if some of the virtual pilots are not Black African Americans, that the characters, in the cockpits, should all be. It keeps the Virtual Squadron closer to history. African American virtual pilots fly with White European characters, in combat flight sims. I never heard of a Black Georges Guynemer or Rene Fonck and it would be just as odd to, let's say for argument sake, have a White European Lee Archer, in the cockpit of a Red Tail Mustang! It is like the old Westerns, where all of the Mexicans and Native Americans were White European guys with bad orange faux tans.:megalol::pilotfly: MJ

Edited by mjmorrow

• ED Team
So, if a precision, aerobatic virtual team wants to recreate a real life one, in virtual space, they all have to be real, qualified, former aerobatic team members like the "Blue Angels" or the other military branches and the other countries' military, like Canada has, or the civilian teams?

Or if mimicking a former real life squad, the members must meet the real squads pre-qualifications, or be former real life military pilots, to join it?

Actually I have seen squads that were only former military pilots, speaking the professional military lingo/jargon in the other sim I fly.

With this logic, rename the squad or ban the creation of it.

I had a good time on Air Wolf's server last night. Thanks for putting it up.

I think you are missing the point and some of the posts. Some people asked if they had to be Afro-Americans to join. Someone thought that the question was rude. It was clarified that anyone can join, which seems sensible..

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

If ya don't like what's goin on here, then take it somewhere else and let us enjoy what we're doing! The server is awesome, the plane even better :) and the pilots that hop on w/o the bitchin are a blast to hang out with

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

Just to clarify... anyone is welcome to join :thumbup:

I was on your server and I had a blast! :thumbup: I have to admit, I managed to got lost, trying to find my way around. I never saw an enemy. I am still getting the hang of high tech WW 2 navigation technology...well all the high tech WW 2 technology, really! :joystick: I still don't know how to fly with the very high frequency omni directional range navigation or whatever it is, in these high tech machines. :helpsmilie::megalol: MJ

If ya don't like what's goin on here, then take it somewhere else and let us enjoy what we're doing! The server is awesome, the plane even better :) and the pilots that hop on w/o the bitchin are a blast to hang out with

I love the sim, online or offline and I have no problem who joins the squads.

I don't complain. I just notice verbal inconsistencies.

How could you know who joins a squad or their ethnicity? Well, it is possible...

I think I will just read the forums.

Cheers.

Edited by ErichVon

I was on your server and I had a blast! :thumbup: I have to admit, I managed to got lost, trying to find my way around. I never saw an enemy. I am still getting the hang of high tech WW 2 navigation technology...well all the high tech WW 2 technology, really! :joystick: I still don't know how to fly with the very high frequency omni directional range navigation or whatever it is, in these high tech machines. :helpsmilie::megalol: MJ

P-51D, VTA server:

The F10 key cheat, if it is up, or maybe the F4 key, will find the enemy, if you can recognize the terrain via outside view.

(What is really tough is like how the 104th runs their server without any, "cheats".)

Switching sides will find the takeoff bases.

Heck of a drive to get to the opposite side's territory. Best to meet in the middle.

Edited by ErichVon

.....The server is awesome, the plane even better :) and the pilots that hop on w/o the bitchin are a blast to hang out with

Uuuuh the "pilots that hop on" comment would not be a whimsical reference to my thrilling landing style would it? :pilotfly:just asking... no harm no foul.

~Rave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 (64) - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core - 32 GB RAM - RTX 2080 Super

P-51D, VTA server:

The F10 key cheat, if it is up, or maybe the F4 key, will find the enemy, if you can recognize the terrain via outside view.

(What is really tough is like how the 104th runs their server without any, "cheats".)

Heck of a drive to get to the opposite side's territory. Best to meet in the middle.

They are running server man...and I don't think they are running anything for the P-51D at this moment...but I could be wrong...also the mission I left alone I could always if you want redo the mission and turn off the F10 for map and runway locations..is this what you like to have..

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Uuuuh the "pilots that hop on" comment would not be a whimsical reference to my thrilling landing style would it? :pilotfly:just asking... no harm no foul.

~Rave

I think it is because they had fun no politic's involved...:thumbup:

[/Table]

~Rave

Hey I'm glad I've found another pilot that shares the style I'm currently experiencing :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

Even better! I'm not so sensitive about politics and religion.. but my landing "style" ...?! But :book: I'm working on it :joystick:.

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 (64) - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core - 32 GB RAM - RTX 2080 Super

They are running server man...and I don't think they are running anything for the P-51D at this moment...but I could be wrong...also the mission I left alone I could always if you want redo the mission and turn off the F10 for map and runway locations..is this what you like to have..

Hi Air Wolf,

It is your world, your server, do what you want. I am fairly easy going, I will adapt. How's that go? Adapt, Improvise, Overcome.

Guys complain about MREs. My era was C-rats. When you get hungry a person will eat anything, a la survivor school. :)

Our motto was, "Can Do!" "The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer." I loved the Bees.

Give it some time and poll the guys what they want.

My DSL's slow speed may put me out of doing any aerobatic formation flying until I get cable Internet in August. I doubt I will be able to keep up, but worth a try.

Last night, after everybody went to bed on your server, I had a ball, on I think it was the Equadorian server. When all else fails I go for the deck. The guy was 200 yards back so I chopped throttle, to overich, and while he was trying not to overshoot me at tree level, he stalled. I almost stalled. We were in the foothills. One notch of flaps and a crab will work, too. LOL! He had his server set to also fly the jet in DCS World. We started in the air. F10 was up.

Cheers.

Edited by ErichVon

Hi Air Wolf,

It is your world, your server, do what you want. I am fairly easy going, I will adapt. How's that go? Adapt, Improvise, Overcome.

Guys complain about MREs. My era was C-rats. When you get hungry a person will eat anything, a la survivor school. :)

Our motto was, "Can Do!" "The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer." I loved the Bees.

Give it some time and poll the guys what they want.

My DSL's slow speed may put me out of doing any aerobatic formation flying until I get cable Internet in August. I doubt I will be able to keep up, but worth a try.

Cheers.

No No...its a democracy...we as members of Tuskegee make decissions for all...but like I mentioned before .. yes we will be a formation team to " Honour those MEN " we will also be a combat team..doing combat missions...also questions like these should be referred to our forums..site is up even though some bugs still in it..so we should use it..and not bother others here with things we should discuss on our site...

[/Table]

strangely enough this evenings flying involved me taking off and landing in the dark of night. Perfectly. it was uncanny. heres a screeny of dirty ole warbird interior in the dead of night with my only friend the cockpit light! it took me many seconds fumbling around to find it as the darkness loomed over my instrumentation.

bJUnJ.jpg

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No No...its a democracy...we as members of Tuskegee make decissions for all...but like I mentioned before .. yes we will be a formation team to " Honour those MEN " we will also be a combat team..doing combat missions...also questions like these should be referred to our forums..site is up even though some bugs still in it..so we should use it..and not bother others here with things we should discuss on our site...

Want to have some fun, if you can, set it so you can only go full throttle WEP for the 5 minutes the flight manual says it is good for or suffer engine damage.

That will curtail the hotshots flying with full power on for 15 minutes or more.

strangely enough this evenings flying involved me taking off and landing in the dark of night. Perfectly. it was uncanny. heres a screeny of dirty ole warbird interior in the dead of night with my only friend the cockpit light! it took me many seconds fumbling around to find it as the darkness loomed over my instrumentation.

[ATTACH]65744[/ATTACH]

I think the sim, in the Controls mapping allows for Night Vision Googles.

I do not think they had that technology in WWII. Did they?

Ditto the kneeboard moving triangle cheat, which I love and use a lot is not real to a true WWII era aircraft. ED should give us a sextant :lol:

At night, use the stars, if the star constellations are accurate enough to rely on if compass failure.

Do the compasses allow for magnetic declination?

So, being a real sim is relative.

I suppose the work involved and the size of the program limits every switch and radio to be used. But maybe in DCS World a full reality sim is not the purpose.

I'll play it whatever ED/DCS or the server moderator wants to do.

OK. I will stop replying this thread.

What would be great is if the labels were eventually turned off, server side, so that you really have to look good and hard to find planes. This way pilots will spend a lot more time scanning the sky and hit and run ambushes will be possible. :thumbup::pilotfly:MJ

P-51D, VTA server:

The one thing that I wish all servers would turn off are the bright red and blue aircraft labels. I am not a dogfight guy, but a hit and run, high speed ambusher. Turn fighting, three feet off the ground, really isn't my thing. :joystick: :helpsmilie:MJ