Red Team VS Green Team

For years now I've heard that flight sims seem to have a better affinity with nVidia cards over AMD cards. I couldn't find any discussions on this topic so I thought I'd ask and see what people who actually use these cards in sims have to say.

I'm looking at nVidia's 2070 Super vs AMD 5700XT. On the tech web sites they never compare cards using any type of flight sim so I am at a lose of any real opinions on this subject. These cards are almost identical in performance with a $100 price difference. But if nVidia does work better with flight sims then the price may be worth it.

Pro's, con's and any opinions on the subject are welcome whether it's the match of these two cards or team red vs team green in general.

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

Thanks Der but I'll probably have one of them by then. Right now I'm just waiting for Black Friday to see if nVidia might add a game to the purchase of of the 2070 XT.

Maybe later we can exchange screen shots and compare. It might help the next person who's looking to upgrade.

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

Thanks Der but I'll probably have one of them by then. Right now I'm just waiting for Black Friday to see if nVidia might add a game to the purchase of of the 2070 XT.

Maybe later we can exchange screen shots and compare. It might help the next person who's looking to upgrade.

Same boat as you RackMonkey, probably going to get the Sapphire Nitro 5700XT to replace an ageing 970.

Regards,

Digby