Why do I keep buying new aircraft modules and only flying them once?

Yeti42

I have about half the modules and about half of those i can fly pretty well.

But honestly its great for all of us that so many people tend to buy so many modules. Means there is a lot more money and motivation for more development, more modules, more content, more features.

The average spend of a DCS user on both hardware and software must be much higher then a regular gamer and in turn we have a ton of hardware options and a rapidly growing set of aircraft to fly. I'm normally a pretty frugal person but i have no problem buying modules that i will only end up flying a little.

Own almost all modules. Won’t buy anymore until they actually complete modules and stop breaking ones that are considered feature complete. Dcs is an unfortunate sim that you go do something else for 6months or a year and come back and things that where broken before are still broken.

Quality of finished product is top knotch. But getting there is especially painful and frustrating. So ya have allot of money invested and most modules but most are shelved because they just don’t work correctly for many reasons. Now news of f16 tomorrow, give me a break finish f18 get a decent damage module in place and list would go on for days. Finish what is out now, constant waiting for what’s next and next update does become a mental disorder with this sim

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

I own 15 modules but only fly 1 regularly, and another 3 or 4 occasionally. Still going to buy more though.

I've been flying ED sims since the classic Su-27 Flanker & that lineage is still detectable in DCS today. There aren't any other combat flight sims from that era which are still being commercially developed. The fact that DCS is, is largely due to the huge variety of modules that are now available.

PC Spec: Asus B250M Prime, I7 6700K 4.0 GHz, 32GB DDR 2400, ASUS ROG-STRIX 1070Ti 8GB, 500GB WD Blue M2 SSD, Crucial MX300 256GB SSD, WD 1TB SSHDD, 43" LG 4K TV, Oculus Rift-S, Nubwo 7.1 Headset

Flight Gear: Virpil WarBRD & T50-CM2 grip, Virpil T50CM Throttle, TM TFRP pedals, 3x TM Cougar MFD, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Delanclip, Trackhat PS3 camera & Opentrack, Oculus Rift-S

I have them all (inc. maps & campaigns) bar the CEII. The F-16 is the next purchase as soon as it`s in the store. I think to really appreciate these aircraft and fully experience what`s on offer you need VR, and in VR the value for money for that experience is beyond question. It`s as close as most of us will ever get to the real thing and we are extremely lucky even to have that opportunity. On top of that we are supporting an ever improving DCS. So all in all easily worth the price and I`m sure the up coming HP Reverb will take the immersion to a new level.

Edited by Zoomer

Before moving to Florida I was an active model railroader...I went to a club meeting every Friday night which usually included a trip to the local hobby store to see what deals I could find...

I spent between $25 and $50 a week on that hobby.

Now I spend $50 - $60 dollars every 3 or 4 MONTHS on my Hobby...

Actually pretty cheap even if you don't fly em that much.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.