[MOOSE] RAT - Random Air Traffic - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-31-2017, 11:18 AM   #81
funkyfranky

Exclamation Hotfix RAT 2.0.1

Guys, I tested many scenarios yesterday and found three bugs that slipped through my fingers.

These have been fixed in the latest MOOSE release 2.2.6. Here is also the direct link to the Moose.lua containing RAT 2.0.1.

Fixed bugs:
  • SetDestination() only works when SetDeparture() is used as well.
  • Respawning with Commute() happens in air even when destination is not a zone.
  • Wrong behavior when aircraft change their flight plan, e.g. for combination DestinationZone() and Commute().

Please update

Last edited by funkyfranky; 11-02-2017 at 07:36 PM.
funkyfranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:03 PM   #82
Liger Zero

Is there a way to respawn a aircraft when formation flying went a bit wrong. Causing it to crash i notiched that when a plane gets destroyed the script stops working.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:19 PM   #83
L39Tom

I build a RAT-Traffic around Nellis with some C-17, starting at a certian parking slot, flying to a destination Zone and return back to Nellis. At Nellis the planes should respawn and so on. The script works so long, but after some respawns, the C-17 respawn on the runway, which make them crash.
I try to give them a certian parking slot (SetParkingID), but that only works for the first time. After the respawn they use different parking places and at the end the runway.
How may I fix this or is it a known bug?
L39Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:35 PM   #84
funkyfranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by L39Tom View Post
I build a RAT-Traffic around Nellis with some C-17, starting at a certian parking slot, flying to a destination Zone and return back to Nellis. At Nellis the planes should respawn and so on. The script works so long, but after some respawns, the C-17 respawn on the runway, which make them crash.
I try to give them a certian parking slot (SetParkingID), but that only works for the first time. After the respawn they use different parking places and at the end the runway.
How may I fix this or is it a known bug?
Hi Tom, this is a "known" bug - but a DCS one. I reported it already some time ago here (at the end of the thread).
I introduced the SetParkingID function exactly because of that behavior. But no joy It simply does not work with DCS at the moment - at least not on the NTTR airports.

I'd love to see this fixed as well. I even started a wishlist thread to improve this and other things at e.g. McCarran.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:03 PM   #85
skunk160

is there a way to set zones to spawn RAT aircraft only when the player enters?

I have a busy Nellis airspace, but I'm assuming the the aircraft spawning at the far edges are taking up resources. So in a free flight over Normandy say, ill only see or encounter RAT around me in the zone I just entered, and the the other zones will be RAT free untill i get there

RAt and Moose have got me back into DCs in such a big way, thanks guys!
skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 16GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | MFG Crosswind | Logitech G25| TM TH8 RS | NRG wheel | DSD Switch box | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2
//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745
skunk160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:37 PM   #86
funkyfranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk160 View Post
is there a way to set zones to spawn RAT aircraft only when the player enters?
I have a busy Nellis airspace, but I'm assuming the the aircraft spawning at the far edges are taking up resources. So in a free flight over Normandy say, ill only see or encounter RAT around me in the zone I just entered, and the the other zones will be RAT free untill i get there
If I get your question right, it's essentially about optimizing the performance because spawning too many AI aircraft in order to guaranty a certain density of planes on the whole map are a big hit. This kind of bubble principle is an interesting idea!

There is no RAT function to achieve spawning of planes depending on the players position out-of-the-box. However, there are relatively easy ways within MOOSE to trigger events if a player enters a zone. Can't tell you from the top of my head right now. But no rocket science for sure. FC is the better address for this question
The RAT functions could also be improved in this regard. I'll keep it in mind for the further development

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk160 View Post
RAt and Moose have got me back into DCs in such a big way, thanks guys!
Thanks! Big compliment
Old 11-01-2017, 09:30 PM   #87
skunk160

Yes precisely that, for optimisation and I was going to call it "RAT bubble" (thats TM now )

thanks Ff, ill check out Moose a bit more
skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 16GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | MFG Crosswind | Logitech G25| TM TH8 RS | NRG wheel | DSD Switch box | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2
//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745
skunk160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:10 PM   #88
GaSi

Hi.

I would like to know if it is possible to make a RAT departure from airport A, go to a trigger zone X, then to trigger zone Y, then trigger zone Z and finally land in the airport B. is this possible? Could you help me with an example to write the script? My idea is that the aircraft can follow a more real path through a SID, a route, a STAR and finally IAC.

Sorry for my English is not my native language.
GaSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:45 AM   #89
CHSubZero

I'll try out this amazing looking mod very soon. It looks very promising and finally I'll get some random air traffic
Old 12-17-2017, 10:50 PM   #90
AV_Partizan

Hi FunkyFranky,
how do you deactivate messages on the upper right corner when ATC speaks to IA planes?
I would like human players not to be notified about traffic.
AV_Partizan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
moose, random air traffic, rat