Show me your Air to Air refueling skills

lee1hy

Jesus, what is this curvature??? It looks terrible and I bet it feels like it in flight. With this curvature your joystick reacts differently in every section of it's travel. Sometimes sharper, sometimes softer, and that deadzone... How far do you have to move the stick to move the plane just a little bit? I've got imo better settings for my X52, and it's a really old HOTAS. Why don't you try to set your deadzone to 3-5 and curvature to 25 if you want it to be more precise near the center?

P. S. Your YT vid doesn't work for me so unable to give any tips.

Edited by =OPS=Slider1709

I use a little curvature for all of my aircraft, except for the F-16C, since the FLCS is supposed to take care of that.

I'm still open to changing it later, but for now, I use deadzone 1 and curvature 0, both X and Y, on my TM Warthog in a sidegstick configuration. For now, I find that I can maintain good control for AAR etc, but it tends to be a little wild at high stick inputs. Maybe I'll introduce a negative curve later.

For the rest (except for the A-10C), I use a center mounted Hornet grip on a T-50 base, with an extension.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I have my stick to a 15 curve and my throttle in a half-U curve. I talk about it in my video here:

F8Uuh2FsUHA

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Any of you use the altitude hold auto pilot when refuelling??

Still not managed to plug her in yet !

I think you will find that the minor discrepancies when you set up the autopilot will turn into major issues quickly.

Just keep practicing. Try flying in stable formation with the tanker first, then positioning for contact and then contact. Remember small movements over large, better to under than over do it, adjust and counter and you will do it. You will be constantly adjusting the throttle and stick to keep in the zone. Helps to stay relaxed (tense muscles lead to large movements) and if it is getting frustrating go dogfight and then come back to it.

Took me ages to get my first refueling complete in the Hornet, in the Viper it was my third hookup.