IR issue since last open beta (2.5.4.30038)

ChuckJäger

Don't have both installed only OB so not sure if this works but can you do a repair on the stable version then do one on the OB?

Maybe your stable may have the old files from previous flights and for some reason the repair is using those instead of the ones that should go in the OB? Maybe do the procedure to both stable and OB?

Asus Prime 390A, Intel I7-8700k@4.8ghz, 32g ram, Nvidia EVGA GeForce RTX 2070, Track IR5, SSD(DCS dedicated), HDD for Win 10. TM Warthog 78051 Track IR5 Thrustmaster pedels

Hi,

I have the same theory than you… maybe the OB is copying "corrupted or old" files from stable…

I've sending an MP to NineLine, waiting for the answers…

and perhaps my probs will be fixed soon, I've found a good sale occasion for a GTX1080TI, so next week I'll replace my old GTX970 and this time I hope the problem will be fixed :-P

Thanks for your help

I love the irony - having not had this problem and helped others to fix it, I now have it after the latest OB and have not been able to solve it yet:lol:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I experienced the issue again after having solved it. I followed recipe for fixing it again, and it solved the problem, so I can confirm what the guys advised us to do should work. Must be something with the shaders that is causing this issue.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI B360M Bazooka | CPU i7 8700k @ 3.2 GHz | RAM 2x8GB GDDR4 @ 2400 MHz | GPU Gainward GeForce RTX 2070 Dual Fan | 256GB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: MSI Optix 24" LED Curved | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: A-10C | F-14 | F/A-18C | Spitfire | P-51D

Noticed some shimmering going on after the past patch but definitely not what we were seeing before. Did the full fix and it appears to be gone. Got to be a shaders issue.

Asus Prime 390A, Intel I7-8700k@4.8ghz, 32g ram, Nvidia EVGA GeForce RTX 2070, Track IR5, SSD(DCS dedicated), HDD for Win 10. TM Warthog 78051 Track IR5 Thrustmaster pedels

• 1 month later...

Still getting the smoke blobs and whiteout problem. I tried the suggested fix - all the steps - and it did nothing. It was working well after the last OB update (Hornet TGP) for one day and then broken again, out of nowhere.

Any suggestions? It's really ruining the experience for me :(.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Yeah this is really disheartening. I also tried the method for fixing it and it worked once, after a restart of DCS it's back again and cannot be fixed using the same method.

Edited by EasyEB

• 1 month later...

So, removing the fxo and metashaders folders from the Bazar folder and then running a repair works after you do it enough times, but after a DCS restart it’s back to broken again. Yesterday night I sat for an hour straight doing this over and over again trying to get it working.

So, removing the fxo and metashaders folders from the Bazar folder and then running a repair works after you do it enough times, but after a DCS restart it’s back to broken again. Yesterday night I sat for an hour straight doing this over and over again trying to get it working.

In case it could help, for me with A10c and Hornet this IR issue is graphic driver related : https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4033229&postcount=8

Didn’t work for me unfortunately.

i'm sorry.

Did you try several times, or even with a DDU procedure ? (I've never done DDU because each time I had issue with driver I sorted out without need to use it)

Because 1 or 2 times, with "cleanup" custom driver install, it can fail to solve (it failed for me… took 3 install with "cleanup" procedures !!). I don't know why.

No. I don't feel comfortable running those kinds of software. This problem is up to ED to solve since no other games have this kind of ridiculous workaround solution for this kind of problem. It's like we have to "pump" the game up into working, I might aswell start shoveling coal into my PC and do a rain dance and hope it works.

No. I don't feel comfortable running those kinds of software. This problem is up to ED to solve since no other games have this kind of ridiculous workaround solution for this kind of problem. It's like we have to "pump" the game up into working, I might aswell start shoveling coal into my PC and do a rain dance and hope it works.

Hi EasyEB,

Try this solutions:

- in DCS option set the smoke density on "0"

- quit DCS and delete fxo and metashaders2 in your saved game/dcs folder

- restart DCS and test ..

in my case it seems that the problem was solved… (not 100% sure because I have to do another flight test but not enough times)

Bye

I also still have this issue. I deleted the fxo/metashader folders several times over without success. I'd rather keep the smoke densitity to 4 as I want to see chimney smoke.

Hi,

just deleting fxo/metashaders does nothing… I've tried with different smoke density, but it seems that just the "0" value fix the problem. So I've sacrified the chimney smoke because I prefere to have a non bugged tgp :music_whistling:

and knowing how it goes, it will take years (at best) for the problem to be solved :music_whistling::music_whistling:

Hi,

just deleting fxo/metashaders does nothing… I've tried with different smoke density, but it seems that just the "0" value fix the problem. So I've sacrified the chimney smoke because I prefere to have a non bugged tgp :music_whistling:

and knowing how it goes, it will take years (at best) for the problem to be solved :music_whistling::music_whistling:

I've messed a bit more with this issue - I found something more I think.

1) Initial point my Flir was OK with smoke density to "1" and actual 436.30 driver.

2) I changed smoke setting to "10" (quit and launch DCS) - Flir was bugged.

3) I changed smoke to "0" ONLY (NO delete fxo/meta2) (quit and launch DCS) - Flir was OK.

4) I changed smoke to "1" (quit and launch DCS) - of course Flir bugged. BUT THEN :

5) I reinstall 436.30 driver ONLY - Flir still bugged - I reboot my PC - Flir was OK (with "1" smoke setting)

At this point I changed smoke density to "10" - "1" - "10", FLIR REMAINED OK (see picture with "10" setting). I have no explaination of course but it worked. The thing also is that I did not deleted fxo/metashadders2 so I keep thinking this delete process is placebo concerning Flir bug.

A10Flir.thumb.jpg.4d0a12ff152c8aea2eb49da2dd5dbc5a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Yes.

Can confirm, same here. I have this issue with all aircraft I use TGPs with (A-10C, Hornet, Tomcat). :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This may be... better? I downloaded the last update and when I tested the (F-18C) TGP smoke looked okay. I went back to options and saw that chimney smoke was at 0. Before increasing that value would bring back the blobs and there was no way to get rid of them. This time I bumped chimney smoke to 5 and had no blobs. The flames are inverted (showing black when in WHOT mode), but no crazy auto gain causing a whiteout and no horrible looking smoke/explosions. Maybe progress??

This may be... better? I downloaded the last update and when I tested the (F-18C) TGP smoke looked okay. I went back to options and saw that chimney smoke was at 0. Before increasing that value would bring back the blobs and there was no way to get rid of them. This time I bumped chimney smoke to 5 and had no blobs. The flames are inverted (showing black when in WHOT mode), but no crazy auto gain causing a whiteout and no horrible looking smoke/explosions. Maybe progress??

No I think you just had luck. I've just tried to change chimney/smoke and blob is back. It can be inconsistent but it's still an issue.

Now I'm going to mess again with driver until it works with smoke to 1...

EDIT : cool, my last "procedure" worked again on 1st try, and untill now it lasts as long as I don't touch settings. (set chimney/smoke to setting I want - 1 - reinstall latest gpu driver - 436.51 - launch DCS to test : blob bug still here - reboot PC and launch DCS to test : bug is gone)

Edited by toutenglisse
in post