[A-10C] [1-2 Players] Operation Aethershark (Beta)

splashscreen_v2.png

I need a few betatesters for my new mission. It's planned as a simple attack run through a few valleys on a russian FARP and a little CAS for a helicopter inserting a delta force team.

Hint: Read the briefing! There are some valuable hints in there.

You will need a few skills with the A-10C to complete the mission. Visually identifying ground targets, creating way- / markpoints from MGRS and LL coordinates, supporting ground troops and maybe evading IR missiles.

The voice of Lobo 6 is still from google cloud, I hope I will get the sound files tomorrow.

And now, have some fun, I hope for lots of feedback :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8v05ys1be9jvxfg/Operation%20Aethershark.miz?dl=0

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

• 1 month later...

Probably, but about 0.01% of the people who play your missions will interact with you on here, at least based on my own experiences. ;)

Don't sweat it too much; if you want a better idea, uploading to the user files section or directly into the thread will give you a download count which is a little more telling than asking for written feedback.

... download count which is a little more telling than asking for written feedback.

I'll have to kindly disagree on that one. Download count is hardly an indication on how well the mission is made, but rather indicates how well the mission is spread in social media. Also the current system in the user files section doesn't show you how many people rated the file and makes it almost impossible to search properly in-between all missions. This way it's entirely possible that some of the gem's get lost in all the "junk"

@MasterZelgadis; sorry, but I lost most of my A-10C skills, because it's a long time ago since I last flew it. So I'm afraid I won't be a proper beta tester for you.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Tells you a lot more than shouting into an empty thread full of your own patch notes, which can feel supremely discouraging. ;)

The free F-15 campaign I built way back in the day has thousands of downloads logged. Of those thousands of people, maybe 10 or 15 of them said something in the thread. Most of my big complicated-ass MP missions have empty or near-empty threads but I see people hosting them from time to time.

There is very little reward for the massive amounts of time and patience required to design and upload compelling missions. All we're generally looking for is an "attaboy" but usually even those are hard to come by. At least with a DL count you can still feel like your work is being appreciated even though most people won't post. That's all I'm saying.