Carl Vinson - catapult 3 fails to launch f14b

haighy

i am not sure if this is a known issue although i did search prior without finding anything

Catapult 3 (at least so maybe more) does not support the f14B - it does not gain enough speed so you just drop into the sea once off the deck

The Carl Vinson is the 'older' DCS carrier, AFAIK it hasn't been updated for Hornet or Tomcat operations.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3521396&postcount=10

The primary reason for keeping the old model was backwards compatibility with old missions. Simply replacing the carrier would have immediately broke every mission ever made with it. This way, there is a transition period.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Just a little workaround in case you aren't aware: the Vinson has been part of DCS for a long time; the USS John C. Stennis is a newer model of a Nimitz class carrier and it does support both the F/A-18C and the F-14B.

I believe (but am not 100% cerain) the Stennis is part of DCS and not tied to owning the Hornet. So if you can select the Stennis, it should work fine.

Of course if there's a problem with the Vinson, that should be fixed or maybe the carrier should be disabled so that people don't stumble upon this problem by accident.

Edit: And sniped ;)