HP Reverb G2 Announced - next Gen

dburne

https://uploadvr.com/hp-reverb-g2-teased/

HP working together with Valve and Microsoft.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yep, saw that yesterday. No details, but the audio option is interesting. I loved the off-ear audio when I had an Index.

As an aside, the new unnamed Valve game released yesterday is absolutely stunning on the Reverb.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Interesting, I hope they further improve the optical design and clarity/color though.

Also interesting in that article was the link to the next gen samsung headset.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hmm.. FOV appears to not have been increased. :ermm:

Where are you seeing any specs?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

They just need to redesign their cables. I think it's the main reason why the headset have issues. The cables are too thick/heavy, IMO.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Interesting, I hope they further improve the optical design and clarity/color though.

Also interesting in that article was the link to the next gen samsung headset.

I thought you were referring to some new info. Got my hopes up there for a few minutes...

If the headset in the video is in fact a G2 (prototype) and not a placeholder, it appears to not have a wide FOV. But it's speculation until the specs are released.

Yep, that’s why I asked. AFAIK, there are no specs anywhere yet.

Ahhh come on. Just purchased the Reverb Pro last week and now this

Just enjoy your Reverb. Who knows now many months/years it will take to get that G2 released.

Just enjoy your Reverb. Who knows now many months/years it will take to get that G2 released.

And how many months it will take to actually get one after they've been released. Until then, I'm going to look at the G2 like Arnold Schwazenegger might "Its not a tumah! Its only a rumah!" :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Ahhh come on. Just purchased the Reverb Pro last week and now this

ElohEl - you know how many times I've felt the same thing? Then multiply your feeling by 2 or 3, as I have 3 gamers/gaming desk/stations to equip. I've sold so many Rifts, Vives, Vive Pros, Pimaxs, Odysseys, Odyssey +s, etc etc, whenever a newer/better VR HMD comes out, that I think my local post office has made enough to pay an employee for an entire year at this point.

I wouldn't worry about it though man, as others have said, it'll be a while under normal circumstances, and with the CoVid deal, even longer, much longer most like.

Enjoy your 'Verb, and let the good times roll.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

• 1 month later...

Little bit more detail https://www.roadtovr.com/rumor-leaked-hp-reverb-g2-four-camera-new-controllers/

I'm wondering if I can see off-ear audio in those photos. Maybe this is the Valve involvement. I did like that aspect of the Index when I had one.

Im hoping, that this is finally a headset, that makes me enjoy VR. If the pic is right

Pros: new cable with better routing

Cons: none to see

Hope: 130deg FOV and Rift-S-like sweetspot while maintaining overall resolution and HW-requirements..

Dont care: Reverb earpieces were ok IMO

Im hoping, that this is finally a headset, that makes me enjoy VR. If the pic is right

Pros: new cable with better routing

Cons: none to see

Hope: 130deg FOV and Rift-S-like sweetspot while maintaining overall resolution and HW-requirements..

Dont care: Reverb earpieces were ok IMO

I feel the same way, but for VR to be acceptable to me in flight sims is less about the HMD, and more about the grunt powering it. That is, the PC that is pushing frames to the HMD. Until I can hit the same minimum frame rate as the HMD's refresh rate, which is 60Hz in the Reverb Pro's low refresh rate mode, reprojection will always be a deal-breaker for me.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

earpieces are for the bin, cans are for the ears

there will always be a setting where you dont reach the 60 FPS

and

there will always be a setting where you reach the 60 FPS

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

I feel the same way, but for VR to be acceptable to me in flight sims is less about the HMD, and more about the grunt powering it. That is, the PC that is pushing frames to the HMD. Until I can hit the same minimum frame rate as the HMD's refresh rate, which is 60Hz in the Reverb Pro's low refresh rate mode, reprojection will always be a deal-breaker for me.

You don’t like reprojection, yet you’re happy to accept the 60Hz constant flickering. Interesting.

If it still requires WMR, I will likely not purchase one.

I just see an awful lot of faffing about on forums from folks running WMR devices along with Steam VR.

I can deal with Steam VR, but that combined with WMR and I am very hesitant.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

There is no problem with WMR and SteamVR if people just follow the correct procedure, and that is put on the headset, let Cliff House load, and then click on DCS. Works every time with no issues at all.

If it still requires WMR, I will likely not purchase one.

I just see an awful lot of faffing about on forums from folks running WMR devices along with Steam VR.

I can deal with Steam VR, but that combined with WMR and I am very hesitant.

Let's face it, amount of whining about anything on the forums is insane :) Be it VR or 2d, AMD or Intel, VKB or Thrustmaster and so on

There is no problem with WMR and SteamVR if people just follow the correct procedure, and that is put on the headset, let Cliff House load, and then click on DCS. Works every time with no issues at all.

Yup. Works every time for me too. Although I recently had issues with SteamVR not closing. Just had to uninstall/reinstall the whole Steam application and everything is back to working flawlessly again.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly: