Fuel Burn Rate

Hey folks.

Has anyone noticed an extremely high fuel burn rate in the Mi-8? Based on the performance charts in the manual, at 13000kg with anti-ice and partseps on I was expected a burn rate of ~ 1950 L/h, but in practice observed closer to 2800 l/h. That seems very high and I was wondering if maybe the code added the penalties for anti-ice incorrectly. Has anyone noticed this?

Perhaps someone has some better cruise performance charts?

Where I work we use 800 liters per hour. All weights, all atmospheric conditions. And it never changes much.

That's using more modern engines than the version we have in game? but agreed with above, that's worryingly less than the OP...

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

That's using more modern engines than the version we have in game?

Not sure but even the table 8.4 on page 236 of the game manual suggests a fuel burn half as much as the OP calculated.

Combat configuration with armament @1000m and 13,000 kg

Fuel flow Q = 642 kg/hr

+6% for IR suppression devices = +39 kg/hr
+8% for Engine/Rotor Deice and Particle Separator = +51 kg/hr

= 642 + 39 + 51 = 732 kg/hr

Jet A-1 fuel density @15°C = 0.804 kg/l, so ...

Fuel flow Q = 732 / 0.804 = 910 l/hr

At a guess the OP is making the same assumption I made - that the fuel rate was per engine ?

However AlphaOneSix would know, so I'll assume DCS is suspect until I hear different or test it myself.

For info. an Mi-17 leasing company quotes fuel burn at 850 litre per hour.

http://www.acp-logistics.com/mil-mi-17-acmi-lease-helicopter.html

Edited by Ramsay
Add link to Mi-17 leasing company Fuel Burn specs.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

We average 800 liters per hour, so I'm sure when we're sitting on the ground it's less, and when we are pulling a lot of power it's more. I think we have burned as much as 900 liters per hour in the "worst" conditions. It's hard to tell because we don't have a fuel flow meter and you don't stay in those high-fuel-consumption states for very long. The pilots will sometimes use 900 liters per hour for planning just to be safe, but over the course of just about every mission, it always averages out closer to 800.

And yes, same engines, TV3-117VM.

I'm not really sure if there's anything to patch, though. At the same time, OP's figures seem to be off by a massive margin and I'd hazard a guess he's made some mistake.

I just did a test based on figures quoted by Ramsay in post No. 7. Took 370 kg of fuel and the first combat load available in "transport" configuration in mission editor (6 pods + both gunners, filters & armour) to make the helo somewhat heavy. So if numbers are correct, I should run dry in about half an hour.

Flew on Caucasus map, close to ground in unspecified spring weather conditions. 30-odd minutes after takeoff crashlanded with tanks empty :D.

So it seems the Eight follows closely numbers from DCS manual and AlphaOneSix's experience.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.