selling Thrustmaster Warthog extensions

Sahaj

Happy new year Sahaj, here is a pic of the extension in place in my sim/pit. Sorry for the delay as life gets in the way on occasion!

I cannot see having a Warthog without it. It really makes a great piece of equipment even better. I chose the 10mm Extension.

Thank you for the ability to fly with precision!

I will be ordering again for friends and a new project I am taking on for our local air museum. Stay tuned!

Will Whiteside

ATP and other stuff!

attachment.php?attachmentid=132515&d=1452357333

What seat is that in the pictures?

Did it have the indent in the seat cushion? Will you still crack your nuts with the stick often?

I intend to order a stick extension also, since I too would like to mount the joystick on a pedestal of sorts, or perhaps a subwoofer box. Do you still use the original mounting plate?

Are there conical folded rubber grommets of sorts to cover the ball joint?

I have looked into these, but haven't been able to find them new on the 'Net

I am thinking of scavenging a used car junk yard, for these parts are common in cars. However, you'll probably end up with a smelly, greasy piece ...

Otherwise flexible plastic funnels might provide a substitute or one has to sew a canvas cover himself.

PS: there might be a small commercial opportunity to manufacture and sell these covers ....

Edited by Telefunken

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

DCS 1.5.2 and 2.0.1

Thrustmaster HOTAS stick and throttle + extension

T-Rudder MK III

40" QHD main screen

27" Helios touchscreen

2 Telefunken,

Check my setup (ugly photo, I know)

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=132778&d=1452704294

Молодец!

That's a well flown rig I suppose. I'll better discuss home cockpit building in the appropriate threads elsewhere.

Do you have problems with dirt getting in the ball joint fouling up the stick's movement and return to centre?

That's why I am a little concerned with mounting the stick's base low between your legs where it might get soiled with crumbs, coffee, etc.

Edited by Telefunken

DCS 1.5.2 and 2.0.1

T-Rudder MK III

40" QHD main screen

27" Helios touchscreen

What about a telescoping extension that can be height adjusted?

Has this ever been considered?

I've gotten myself some Gardena M36/2 fittings and will construct a PVC extension first to try and experiment, before I order a metal one.

DCS 1.5.2 and 2.0.1

T-Rudder MK III

40" QHD main screen

27" Helios touchscreen

Here is the kind of car part I am looking for to cover the ball joint of the joystick:

050vkjp-3265-1.jpg

http://www.mister-auto.nl/fl/aandrijfas-beschermhoes-met-accessoires/skf-vkjp-3265_g90271_a050VKJP!3265.html

The top opening of this particular one is 33 mm, the bottom opening 110 mm.

The height is 93mm

The top opening can be enlarged easily by cutting the rubber.

The bottom can be strapped round the base using a tie strap.

I suppose other parts have different sizes, you just need to find the right one that exactly fits the joystick.

Edited by Telefunken

DCS 1.5.2 and 2.0.1

T-Rudder MK III

40" QHD main screen

27" Helios touchscreen

• 3 weeks later...
Молодец!

That's a well flown rig I suppose. I'll better discuss home cockpit building in the appropriate threads elsewhere.

Do you have problems with dirt getting in the ball joint fouling up the stick's movement and return to centre?

That's why I am a little concerned with mounting the stick's base low between your legs where it might get soiled with crumbs, coffee, etc.

Sorry for delay. Nope, there no dirt or any funky things in there after few years. There is piece of cloth with a rubber ring at the top preventing the dirt to fall inside.

Всех убью, один останусь!

C4E0F9A6-B5AC-446F-821F-A88526608AA3.thumb.JPG.6329aa9065849d4dd57a3ef13d8d156d.JPG

E0071CE9-C68D-4F6D-94AF-67E9AC913614.thumb.JPG.ab587ec721fb98772ea16e366a34d89b.JPG

A16044B5-42AB-4FC9-83E9-624AAA6FD29D.thumb.JPG.904a803ee108063158a777c9f28a8f0d.JPG

I bought 10cm black extension, and now I can improve my precision during flight, it's just amazing !!

I choose 10 cm to have a more long cable to rotate my stick to the left, it's better experience when you have your stick between legs ;) And althoug, due to extension the base of stick stay on axis so you don't need any TARGET programmation for this rotation !

It is very good deal, thank you so much to Sahaj !! The shipping was quite long due to international shipping so don't stress ;)

++

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here is the kind of car part I am looking for to cover the ball joint of the joystick:

050vkjp-3265-1.jpg

http://www.mister-auto.nl/fl/aandrijfas-beschermhoes-met-accessoires/skf-vkjp-3265_g90271_a050VKJP!3265.html

The top opening of this particular one is 33 mm, the bottom opening 110 mm.

The height is 93mm

The top opening can be enlarged easily by cutting the rubber.

The bottom can be strapped round the base using a tie strap.

I suppose other parts have different sizes, you just need to find the right one that exactly fits the joystick.

Here is how it looks now in my very temporary DCS setup.

I ordered the 100mm British extension, as it has a 36 mm stainless tube.

https://sites.google.com/site/warthogextension/buy

The car part fitted right over the tube and the base. Only a tie wrap is needed to keep it securely in place. It doesn't hinder the movement of the joystick at all.

DSCI0004.thumb.jpg.4a35648f280ac45c23df44a478ea31ae.jpg

DCS 1.5.2 and 2.0.1

T-Rudder MK III

40" QHD main screen

27" Helios touchscreen

I wanted to report that my cable mod has worked, and after i modded it the cable has never broke the connections again. I had to do this because my flight seat is also my normal seat so i need to use the connection several times a day. Been working for the last 4 months. Much longer than the initial two weeks at least :P PM me anyone if you have troubles with it and i can help you out.

Great product, i highly reccommend it.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any risk of the extension (10cm) weakening the springs in the Warthog over time?

Well, never heard of anyone mentioning this. The joystick rests in the central position and the spring does not work during that time so one can say for sure that the spring is not weakening over time. Warthog is made out of solid parts.

S!

kpt. pil. / Capt. Sahaj

Oficer Operacyjny

1. Eskadra Myśliwska / 1. Pułk Lotniczy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com/

Got one of Sahaj's Extensions a pair of weeks ago. Great improvement, specially on precission, and I feel myself less tired after a long session (you have to do less corrections to maintain flying attitude).

It's a remarkable upgrade with fix wing control, but really shines on choppers.

7T0NaaO.png

I really recommend this product.

Received my black 10cm extension and have been using it with the A-10C. Precision has increased dramatically. Very happy with it. Still need to try it on choppers.

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Hi Sahaj,

I am planning on ordering from you soon, can you give me an estimate on shipping time to the USA? I am going to be travelling on and off for the next month or so, so I want to make sure I am home when it arrives.

dcs_sig.jpg

Mine arrived today. Looks and feels solid and well machined. Have fitted it but probably won't get a chance to try it out until tomorrow night :(

As a note, the cable did appear a little long. It needed a push to get the stick to fit to the top of the extension, but windows is receiving all the button signals so all seems good.

Hi all,

Hereby I would like to introduce the long awaited Thrustmaster Warthog Hoodies/Dust Covers, I am adding them to my product portfolio.

You are fed up with all the dust on your precious simulator hardware ? You want to protect the Warthog gimbal and Warthog throttle from dust getting into it ? You don’t like to clean up your simulator peripherals ? Grab one of my hoodies, it will cover your peripherals and will look pretty cool on top of that. Practical and stylish at the same time.

Check the Best Deals Tab on my website there you can combine the purchase of extensions with hoodies.

As for the pedals which I present in the video and on the pictures, those are VKB 21-1 Pro rudder pedals. The VKB pedals are relatively big with approx. dimensions: L : 52 cm, W : 25 cm, H : 17 cm which means the dust cover for the pedals will fit any other pedals that are available on the market right now.

For any sort of questions you can reach me on FB or via email.

S! Sahaj

[ame]

[/ame]

Edited by Sahaj

kpt. pil. / Capt. Sahaj

Oficer Operacyjny

1. Eskadra Myśliwska / 1. Pułk Lotniczy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just received my extension in good order. Installation was a breeze. I chose black, and it looks like an official TM part.

My desktop is fairly high (30in/76cm), but I was feeling optimistic and went with the 10" extension. It is still perfectly comfortable for me in both centered and offset positions. Any longer would definitely place the stick too high for desktop use, IMO. In-sim (DCS, Elite: Dangerous, Star Citizen) I have an uncanny level of control - the true utility of my stick has been unlocked.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone who owns a TMHWH.

Thank you, Sahaj! It was a pleasure doing business with you.

dcs_sig.jpg

Thank you for a great product. Combined with re-greasing and sanding of the gimbals, the extension improves the overall flying experience much more than you would easily think of.

The extension is quite expensive if you think it as a piece of metal. However, the new feel of the warthog is incredible and easily worth the price. The 75 mm extension already makes a huge difference and is perfect if the stick is directly mounted to the chair you are sitting on.