DCS World 2.5.x Caucasus Terrain Textures

Thank you Mustang for your continued updates!

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about 1.18? I just tested 1.24 and somehow still prefer 1.18. As you say personal preferences but I'm just wondering. Didn't notice any difference in FPS, either.

For me the many little lines (erosion? foot paths?) of 1.18 make the difference and somehow make the map 'alive' to me - I can nearly see the farmer riding his tractor there :megalol: Just wait for the cows, I'll probably sprinkle them along those paths...

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Tested the latest one and i understand why you, Mustang like it, but for me 1.18 is just perfect.

Thanks a lot for your efforts.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I am determined to make an outstanding set, going by the feedback I will have another version up later today.

Thx Mustang again!

Btw. trees distance in Your settings is the same like defualt?

I feel like on Yours trees are more pop up visible (sudden pop up or maybe the background is less colorful without this "dots"?).

This pop up effect is less visible on default textures (so why I use now default only, pity).

I dont know the reason, settings or texture?

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Ok, I downloaded again the mod and.... now looks better! No this strange / annoing pop up trees.

Maybe one update overwrited your settings file? It could be (I always revert it by JSGME).

Summer and autumn looks ok for me.

XgCltWDm.jpg QXh9cMym.jpg

Just You can think about this line of hills... white line (snow) is too even and it dosent looks good.

Wz3HOHNl.jpg

lake-sevan-caucasus-mountains-view-height-114493239.jpg

Thank You!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Just You can think about this line of hills... white line (snow) is too even and it dosent looks good.

Wz3HOHNl.jpg

lake-sevan-caucasus-mountains-view-height-114493239.jpg

Actually, if you live at or have been close to smooth mountains that get covered by snow occasionally (I do and it happens every late autumn), the even and abrupt snow line is pretty accurate. The other picture is from a much steeper angle, from much higher altitude relative to the mountains, and in addition less smooth shape of the hillsides, giving a more gouged appearance of the snow line. If the angle in the second image was the same as in the first, the snow line would most likely look equally straight.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I will try to help you Mustang with what i consider the perfect finish for you already awesome textures.

What i like most from 1.18 is the uneven terrain, the variety of surfaces, textures, colours, finishes all around the ground. And what i like from your latest version is the excellent new grain or noise of the surface, is like having grass without the need of turning it on, im not native english so is difficult to describe but the latests versions have a terrian more sharpen, noisy and defined.

A mix from 1.18 uneven surfaces and this extra noisy-granny-sharpen surface could be fantastic.

Some shots from 1.18 about things i like a lot.

AC3crYK.jpg

smNG73E.jpg

sr6jdZx.jpg

And the details down flying

QVxRWo0.jpg

IDtu0sL.jpg

Also i like more the rocky finish from 1.18.

le1jXXs.jpg

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

I just downloaded with no issue, yes, it prompted me that it couldnt preview, then that it couldnt be scanned, but no issue

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

First Class Mustang......easy download,terrific terrain and no issues.

I really appreciate your obvious hard work on bringing this excellent MOD to us all,thank you very much indeed Sir thumbup.gif

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Mustang, the latest version 1.18 is simply amazing.

Thanks a lot :thumbup:

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

Same here.

Is the perfect mix of details, textures, colours and variety from 1.18 and the excellent noise of your latest versions.

Mustang you nailed it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Mustang,

This recent 1.18 version becomes my favourite one. I really would like to thank you for the beautiful work you are sharing with everyone.

Since I fly both hi altitude jets and helicopters, I found some compromise by tweaking your config file. I use 3.0 per square for the main noise and 32 per square for the small noise. Just like you said in a previous post, I guess to everyone their preference.

Best regards and thank you again.

really liking this version as well. thanks Mustang, incredible work!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hi Mustang,

This recent 1.18 version becomes my favourite one. I really would like to thank you for the beautiful work you are sharing with everyone.

Since I fly both hi altitude jets and helicopters, I found some compromise by tweaking your config file. I use 3.0 per square for the main noise and 32 per square for the small noise. Just like you said in a previous post, I guess to everyone their preference.

Best regards and thank you again.

I fly the same, what file gets edited to adjust these numbers please, thanks.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle