DCS World 2.5.x Caucasus Terrain Textures

If you've got JSGME/OvGME-compatible 1.08 on your PC, just look what its folder structure is and replicate it with 1.15 by re-packing new files into the old archives.

Mustang changes the files, but he doesn't change the folder tree, so it all works as it always had.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

If you've got JSGME/OvGME-compatible 1.08 on your PC, just look what its folder structure is and replicate it with 1.15 by re-packing new files into the old archives.

Mustang changes the files, but he doesn't change the folder tree, so it all works as it always had.

This worked! Thank You for the hint!:thumbup::thumbup:

Outgunned, outnumbered, though never outclassed!!!

Subscribed, Awsum!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Terrible news......

Maybe a workaround is moving the files inside the original .rar?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Terrible news......

Maybe a workaround is moving the files inside the original .rar?

Yeah this solves it but creates the headache of having a much larger package download size and subsequent update size if the updater wants to replace the zips with clean ones...

In the past, modded textures in folders had the problem that sometimes they mixed up between the seasons which caused snowy trees on green fields or something like that. To fix this I always put them into the original archives.

And to avoid the bigger update size, you could use JSGME do you?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

In the past, modded textures in folders had the problem that sometimes they mixed up between the seasons which caused snowy trees on green fields or something like that. To fix this I always put them into the original archives.

And to avoid the bigger update size, you could use JSGME do you?

You think JSGME could merge downloaded files into zip containers?

Don't think so.

(In the olden days 1.5.x Mustang mods I think to remember were the whole containers, but the more popular this gets the more MB download his file server gets to move over the internet, is prob the problem)

BUT a solution for a while would be just instructions to merge the mod files

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

I had wondered why the mod used unzipped folders. I went into the Caucasus textures once, and found duplicates. Thanks for the update

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Speed and efficiency. It's all Mustang !

Thanks again !

Is this new mod working with the 2.5.2 release or must we keep the previous until the update to 2.5.3 ?

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks for your quick answer.

No problems, I've installed it with JSGME, so I can remove it with just one click

Congratulations again to enhancing our DCS world with your mod and making pleasure to our eyes.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Yes you can use this with 2.5.2 just make sure to fully remove the previous version first

While the textures work in the 104th server, when I leave I am getting a red IC shield with it complaining about the caucuses terrain files. I dont get kicked from the server. Only getting the IC error after leaving.

While the textures work in the 104th server, when I leave I am getting a red IC shield with it complaining about the caucuses terrain files. I dont get kicked from the server. Only getting the IC error after leaving.

Rgr well must be something ED has changed, I guess as long as the mod works in the server whilst you're flying that's all that matters.

Rgr well must be something ED has changed, I guess as long as the mod works in the server whilst you're flying that's all that matters.

Indeed it does. Just kind of a hassle having to restart if you leave a server for any reason.

Many Thanks!

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.