Skullz Genuine Huey Sound Mod

sSkullZnBoneZz

i agree its too quiet, probably it can be lost comletely on some audio systems, im using two m-audio ex-66 studio monitors and m-audio fast-track pro sound card and i can hear pretty wide range of frequencies.

I'll take a look at it and see if there's something going on with the version I posted for download.

• Like 1

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

I'll take a look at it and see if there's something going on with the version I posted for download.

I have the same sound card and Sennheiser earphones.It's quite balanced actually.Not so loud no too quiet.Btw i tried both with in helmet checked/unchecked.

And the mod:

It's one of the most realistic sound mods i've ever came across.And you hear this from someone whom childhood passed near airforce camp.Every morning and afternoon i watched and heard this machine.Still hearing.

Great job.

Thank you!!! thank you!!! thank you!!!

Because this mod has changed my life and my Huey :thumbup:

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

btw what is the livery in the video? it looks good though

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I have the same sound card and Sennheiser earphones.It's quite balanced actually.Not so loud no too quiet.Btw i tried both with in helmet checked/unchecked.

And the mod:

It's one of the most realistic sound mods i've ever came across.And you hear this from someone whom childhood passed near airforce camp.Every morning and afternoon i watched and heard this machine.Still hearing.

Great job.

Thanks! I glad you like it.:thumbup:

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

btw what is the livery in the video? it looks good though

It's a custom skin I made to honor Lucky Star 624, a Vietnam combat vet which is now in the hands of the Army Aviation Foundation, whose story can be read here:

https://nebula.wsimg.com/7e0e6e31eaf18eedbd8115c1d5556ff1?AccessKeyId=5BF28AA2DA84671AA40A&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

can you share this skin also?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Flew with the Huey again today and I can actually hear the spark plugs without the inverter running so it's all good. I believe in the standard soundest they are a tad too loud anyways.

Thanks for updating that, I checked it myself as well and found that it is where it should be.

New update available, see first post and re-download.

:thumbup: (thx M8!)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple newb questions - still new to DCS, just starting to get into it more now and I don't have any experience with mods and only limited flight simulator experience. First off, based on the videos I saw this sounds amazing! I grew up next to a National Guard base and heard Huey's all the time and this definitely sounds about as close as you can get to the real thing!

1. Before I start messing around with things, do I install this using JSGME? I haven't used any mods on games like this before, so just curious.

2. After installing the mod, does it affect any other plane modules sounds, or are the changes specific to Huey?

Thanks for the help and for making an awesome sound mod!

I have a couple newb questions - still new to DCS, just starting to get into it more now and I don't have any experience with mods and only limited flight simulator experience. First off, based on the videos I saw this sounds amazing! I grew up next to a National Guard base and heard Huey's all the time and this definitely sounds about as close as you can get to the real thing!

1. Before I start messing around with things, do I install this using JSGME? I haven't used any mods on games like this before, so just curious.

2. After installing the mod, does it affect any other plane modules sounds, or are the changes specific to Huey?

Thanks for the help and for making an awesome sound mod!

Thanks I'm glad you like it. It is JSGME ready so just drop the folder into your mods folder and activate, and once you activate it it will only affect the Huey.

• Like 1

This is great, thank you!

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

This is great, thank you!

I've been playing with this soundmod for the last few days and I love it !

Thanks a lot for sharing :)

Thanks guys!

Most of my rides were in CH-34's or CH-46's but I did have a ride or two in the UH-1H. We thought of the Huey as a sports car. In Vietnam, most were flown by W1's who flew I'm convinced having a death wish. They would lay that bird over on its side in a "wing over" into a hot LZ, stop on a dime, over and over again.

The Wop Wop Wop that announced the arrival of a Huey is a sound that I'll never forget. Thanks for this mod. It put me in country once more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, BRILLIANT !

I made a great Soundpack a while ago, which was well received by the community and I'm glad of it !

But ( I haven't tried it yet ) watching the videos show a higher level of craftmanship, and honestly yours sounds better than mine on many sides ( startups, shutdowns, when it comes from high distance toward you etc ... )

While some sides and conditions still sounds too much clinical clean ( too much turbine whine, tail rotor too weak ), it generally sounds really immersive HATS OFF dude ;-) And thanks to keep improve this amazing Heli !

Hueyman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)