DCS: Me 262 Discussion (Development on hold currently)

NineLine

The forum is here for people to express themselves regarding DCS, hence if people don't agree with or have questions regarding any decision ED made/makes it's to be expected, and allowed, that they will voice it so long as it's kept civil. Asking why we're getting a Mossie before a plane that was originally promised 6 years ago is a legitimate question, and not an attempt at making them change their mind as obviously that's too late.All we can hope is that the 262 gets the attention it deserves going forward from the release of the Mossie.

I am an original backer and, as far as I am concerned, I rather have the mosquito or any other prop before the 262.

Absolutely historical plane that deserves its place. But, in my opinion, a poor choice for a limited planeset.

I am an original backer and, as far as I am concerned, I rather have the mosquito or any other prop before the 262.

Absolutely historical plane that deserves its place. But, in my opinion, a poor choice for a limited planeset.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it's hard to argue against people being a bit upset that a random aircraft is put before one promised 6 years prior that many people payed for.

It has not been abandoned, and as far as I am aware, still planned for after the Mosquito.

Thanks Nineline. That is at least some positive info for the (nearly) 5th birthday of this thread.

Maybe, just maybe, you have a picture for the 23.November?:cheer3nc:

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it's hard to argue against people being a bit upset that a random aircraft is put before one promised 6 years prior that many people payed for.

Of course, I just expressed my opinion as another point of view in the matter.

• ED Team

Realize that it wasn't promised by us, we simply picked up the pieces and are working to get it to everyone, but the ones that made the promises were not aware of the work and research that go into some of these aircraft. We are still fighting that, no one wants to see the Kickstarter finally put behind us more than us, but we won't release the 262 just to release it, we want it to be done with the care and effort we do with all our aircraft, even if it takes longer than people like.

• Like 3

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Realize that it wasn't promised by us, we simply picked up the pieces and are working to get it to everyone, but the ones that made the promises were not aware of the work and research that go into some of these aircraft. We are still fighting that, no one wants to see the Kickstarter finally put behind us more than us, but we won't release the 262 just to release it, we want it to be done with the care and effort we do with all our aircraft, even if it takes longer than people like.

Personally I'm fine with that, it just looks odd that other non promised aircraft come earlier, which is what upsets some and begs questions from others. Rather wait longer to get a proper modelled module, than get a rushed one.

• Like 1

And that's the way it should be :thumbup:

I'm really looking forward to the 262 though, more than any other warbird, as I find the early jet tech very fascinating!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

a lot of planes deserve its place :)

we wont have another just for fun game but proper flight simulator so have to be veeeery patient ... i hurts but it is only way ....

Steel Hotas Warthog + Hoffmans F16 rudders, Oculus Rift S, EVGA RTX3090, Core i7 4790K

Hangar: Ka50, A10C, A10A, A10CII, SU27, SU33, SU25, Av8BNA, Bf109K4, F16C, F86, FA18C, FW190D9, i-16, L39C, Mi8, MiG15, MiG19P, MiG21, P51D, Spitfire, SuperCarrier, Yak52, P47, F14, Mi24P, Me262?

Flying over CAU, NEV, NORM, SYR, CHNL, PER, ATL

I have to admit, I want the 262.

Not to fight in it. For one thing, it doesn't have any real competition, as has been mentioned... and for another, I personally prefer to do my fighting in Allied aircraft.

Even so, I will absolutely buy the Me-262, simply because I want to fly it!. As an aviation enthusiast, I'm fascinated by it. It was revolutionary in more ways than just its jet propulsion. It was truly ahead of its time.

It's a piece of aviation history that deserves to be reproduced in full fidelity, or as close to it as can possibly be attained.

• Like 4

Not to fight in it. For one thing, it doesn't have any real competition, as has been mentioned... and for another, I personally prefer to do my fighting in Allied aircraft.

Even so, I will absolutely buy the Me-262, simply because I want to fly it!. As an aviation enthusiast, I'm fascinated by it. It was revolutionary in more ways than just its jet propulsion. It was truly ahead of its time.

It's a piece of aviation history that deserves to be reproduced in full fidelity, or as close to it as can possibly be attained.

I agree. I know I'm in the minority, but I've never fired a weapon in DCS... I'm interested in flying the most accurate representations of these aircraft in any sim. The 262 will be an awesome aircraft to just go and fly...

• Like 2

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

And without contradicting my previous opinion, I think this is a very good point.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

From Kate, via the "no discussion" thread from Silver Dragon:

•  
  •  

From Kate Perederko (dotrugirl) on Discord:

18. Me.262 is NOT in the works.

Translation error? Not trying to create panic, but looking for clarification.

I am thinking this means "currently not being worked on?"

That would make sense with upcoming work on the Mossie, and other new units.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

• ED Team
10 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

That would make sense with upcoming work on the Mossie, and other new units.

We'll ask for some clarification, I know they only things really on going module wise for WWII is finishing up the P-47 and current development of the Mossie.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team

Dear All,

I would like to stop the speculations about 262.

It is not in development at the moment. I do not want to tell you which aircraft will be started after Mosquito. 

Right now we focused on Mosquito and we want to make at high level.

Sincerely,

Kate Perederko

Chief Operational Officer

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kate Perederko said:

Dear All,

It is not in development at the moment. I do not want to tell you which aircraft will be started after Mosquito. 

Sincerely,

Kate Perederko

Thank you for your open words. 

But that is a very very very deep disappointment, to say the least.

Takeover was six years ago and now this...

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

11 hours ago, Kate Perederko said:

Dear All,

Sincerely,

Kate Perederko

Thank you.

I understand, business needs change. I very much appreciate the forthright answer.

Hopefully, at some point, focus will return to this module. In the meantime, I will enjoy flying the spectacular P-47D, and other modules.

Regards,

Edited by SmirkingGerbil
removed plural

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

23 hours ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

From Kate Perederko (dotrugirl) on Discord:

18. Me.262 is NOT in the works.

Yes, translation error.
Should rather be "not yet in development, but who knows, again a question of documentation"

image.png

• Thanks 1

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

I really hope ED doesn't give up on the Me 262 project :cry:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 12/19/2020 at 9:44 AM, Kate Perederko said:

Dear All,

Sincerely,

Kate Perederko

WTF!?

The current plane set only makes the least amount of sense if 262 and Tempest come after the Mossie along with a Netherlands - North Germany map.

But whatever... looking at the Channel Map I can see you set your own priorities. I for one chose to boycot ED WW2 products after the disaster that is the A8 and it seems that won't be changing any time soon.

Edited by MrExplosion
  • Like 2

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Let's be honest here, Me262 is not the most needed aircraft for DCS WW2 at the moment. I'm sure they'll do it, but just not right now.

The problem is the timeframe of all aircraft, we'd much rather have an older german plane like the Bf109 G6:

I'm quoting Tapi's topic here

A) England & France (January-June 1944)

Map: The Channel

Luftwaffe: Fw 190A-8, Fw 190F-8, Bf 109 G6-Late,

AI: Ju 88 A-4

Allies: Spitfire Mk. IXC, P-51D Mustang, P-47D-30 Thunderbolt, Mosquito FB Mk. VI

AI: B-17G, A-20G,

With just a new aircraft (or 2) you made january/june 44' playable.

But, if you really want to have the me262 in a good environement, you'll need:

C) Late-War Scenario (September 1944 - may 1945)

Map: The Netherlands and Rhineland map

Luftwaffe: Bf 109K4, Fw 190D-9, Me 262A, Fw 190F-8

Allies: Tempest Mk. V, Spitfire Mk. XIV, P-51D Mustang (with 150-grade fuel), P-47D-40 Thunderbolt (with 150-grade fuel)

As you can see the me262 would really need a lot of new allies fighter, and, a new map if we want to be historically accruate.

Doing it alone is nonesens.

I think that's why the me262 is postpone. it just don't fit in the DCS WWII for now...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, WishMasterLFD said:

Wow. I found this...

The 2013 Kickstarter was a giant mess. It was run by Ilya Shevchenko, with the online nickname Luthier, who is apparently a nice and passionate guy but a poor project manager. All his previous flight sim projects had to be saved by someone else and before that he had some business in the US that he was force to shut down in about 2002. For me the kickstarter was a high risk investment from the beginning.

I guess Luthier hoped this would become a flight sim repeat of Star Citizens success story with millions raised. When the money didn't flow in as expected he looked increasingly desperate and promised anything the community wanted to hear. The Me 262 wasn't even the first choice as 1st stretch goal, something B-17 related if I remember correctly.  A lot of promises he couldn't keep or would have been economically suicidal. Like a DCS map SDK accessible for all backers or a separate DCS WW2 Europe free to play version with a number of warbirds for free, that was later in the Kickstarter changed to one. But nobody seems to remember that today, or that we sort of got the budget version of the next 275.000 $ stretch goal not achieved back then.

I am glad that ED did not stick to the flawed original plan forever and instead tries to make a historically coherent WW2 environment with aircraft relevant to the maps we got and hopefully expanding to the Pacific soon, theater ignored by serious flight sims since almost 20 years.  

Edited by Cunctator
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Cunctator said:

The 2013 Kickstarter was a giant mess. It was run by Ilya Shevchenko, with the online nickname Luthier, who is apparently a nice and passionate guy but a poor project manager. All his previous flight sim projects had to be saved by someone else and before that he had some business in the US that he was force to shut down in about 2002. For me the kickstarter was a high risk investment from the beginning.

I guess Luthier hoped this would become a flight sim repeat of Star Citizens success story with millions raised. When the money didn't flow in as expected he looked increasingly desperate and promised anything the community wanted to hear. The Me 262 wasn't even the first choice as 1st stretch goal, something B-17 related if I remember correctly.  A lot of promises he couldn't keep or would have been economically suicidal. Like a DCS map SDK accessible for all backers or a separate DCS WW2 Europe free to play version with a number of warbirds for free, that was later in the Kickstarter changed to one. But nobody seems to remember that today, or that we sort of got the budget version of the next 275.000 $ stretch goal not achieved back then.

I am glad that ED did not stick to the flawed original plan forever and instead tries to make a historically coherent WW2 environment with aircraft relevant to the maps we got and hopefully expanding to the Pacific soon, theater ignored by serious flight sims since almost 20 years.  

Flyable 262 was the first stretch goal. 

And switchting to a new theatre when the current one is at best half finished would make no sense at all. 

• Thanks 1

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

9 hours ago, Cunctator said:

Glad to read for once somebody who remembers the whole story :clap_2::clap_2::clap_2:. You're damn right we were lucky enough the B-17 threshold wasn't reached, despite I crave to see one in DCS some day I can't imagine what kind of mess that would have been, not feasible multicrew wise, let alone the Boeing license cost and that if they allow it for whatever reason they invent…

That's the reason why I pledged exactly 1$, I wanted to be a part of it but didn't trust Luthier whatsoever after previous messes he made… And yet, in the end it was a blessing ED took over the project so now we have the wonderful quality available in warbirds.

S!

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice