Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

Now the 19 of June, ordered on the 5th....I cannot believe it takes this long to ship an IN STOCK ITEM???? Yes I'm annoyed! The amount of money you ask for these sticks and you can't get IN STOCK items out the door in a timely fashion.

We list an order processing time on each product page. While the components are in stock, everything is assembled, tested and packaged to order which is why we list this order processing time. If you have any questions about this, feel free to email me at support@virpil.com!

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We list an order processing time on each product page. While the components are in stock, everything is assembled, tested and packaged to order which is why we list this order processing time. If you have any questions about this, feel free to email me at support@virpil.com!

So I should see it shipped in the next 24hrs as the 14 day processing time ends today?

Hi Cyph, you might want to make a change to your processing time.....change 5-14 days to 5-14 business days?

Edited by MustangSally

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

As I understand it, VPC has produced the first third party plug-and-play Thrustmaster compatible grip.

Are more interchangeable grips planned? Replica grips for existing DCS Modules would be great. I'm sure many would like to collect and use grips for their favourite aircraft.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I made my order at the beginning of Aril and received the T-50 plus extension and desk mount end of May. However immediately i've had a problem with buttons on the handle either showing as always on or intermittently flickering. Started investigating slowly bit by bit. Identified several potential causes including breaks in cables. Contacted support, was told to connect with their engineer Mega Mozg on Skype which I did, we identified a potential break in Mini DIN to JST (USB) microboard connector cable, was told I'm getting new set of cables. A month passed nothing arrived. Zero communication. Still can't use the device.

In frustration I have made my own cables, but the problem continues, I'm a competent engineer so would like to think I know what I'm doing but I've reached the end of my tether with Virpil.

Don't get me wrong, I understand there has been a busy process establishing the factory and there is still ongoing R&D happening, this is part of the reason I bought the stick to support the movement away from Thrustmaster (I have been through 3 HOTAS setups). However the service has been simply unacceptable. I will be packing it and sending back to Belarus with my warranty ticket. I bet they will tell me it's invalid because I opened it.

I like the device and also you can see there are some quality issues with fit and finish it's fine for what it is. I've made some modifications to smooth out the edges to prevent further cable rubbing as well.

As the last try, does anyone know the way to hard reset the device? Shorting pins etc?

scv_15298462375811312914113341220906.thumb.jpg.7f6cb56a204a7a090a4b93170e4ec8fd.jpg

IMG_20180531_123112.thumb.jpg.7dddfdb8df39774008166f0f4d511e23.jpg

IMG_20180531_101646.thumb.jpg.b0509c07cbb46baf28d0699cea07549b.jpg

Edited by funkman

I feel your pain. Not exactly filling me with confidence. Cyph3r, if you want future sales, you'll have to improve on the customer service.

I made my order at the beginning of Aril and received the T-50 plus extension and desk mount end of May. However immediately i've had a problem with buttons on the handle either showing as always on or intermittently flickering. Started investigating slowly bit by bit. Identified several potential causes including breaks in cables. Contacted support, was told to connect with their engineer Mega Mozg on Skype which I did, we identified a potential break in Mini DIN to JST (USB) microboard connector cable, was told I'm getting new set of cables. A month passed nothing arrived. Zero communication. Still can't use the device.

In frustration I have made my own cables, but the problem continues, I'm a competent engineer so would like to think I know what I'm doing but I've reached the end of my tether with Virpil.

Don't get me wrong, I understand there has been a busy process establishing the factory and there is still ongoing R&D happening, this is part of the reason I bought the stick to support the movement away from Thrustmaster (I have been through 3 HOTAS setups). However the service has been simply unacceptable. I will be packing it and sending back to Belarus with my warranty ticket. I bet they will tell me it's invalid because I opened it.

I like the device and also you can see there are some quality issues with fit and finish it's fine for what it is. I've made some modifications to smooth out the edges to prevent further cable rubbing as well.

As the last try, does anyone know the way to hard reset the device? Shorting pins etc?

AF1QipNx8PD8RtzpXliQdF0hJXs7G_z0aV5w0d5Pb5Jf

AF1QipPUlt-oWlL1rdKh579ppEjgA4OXjbGNaSmq1Ej2

AF1QipOQfzq-b2W-uGx662jA6FXH7v4DIvyj6KvGePyp

AF1QipMUPgvnGcT10gBtp7_a54Z65pFEQuO18UPbBXBk

Woah good on you that you knew what you were doing. I would have just sent it back. I hope when mine arrives there won't be any issues even though I got the other base. I'm sure they will take it back since you already did troubleshooting with their engineer. There were a people on Reddit with intermittent button presses and they solved it by making sure the connector if the grip was firmly plugged in to the base.

I understand not wanting another thrustmaster device, my warthog gimbal is sticky less than a year after I got it. Too bad we don't have any local vendors in the US to make decent peripherals.

Looks like the first 4 pictures are not showing up, at least on Tapatalk here.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

As you can see from the picture below a reasonable effort has been made in the base to smooth out the edges, however there are plenty of places where a cable can get trapped and pinched or even cut on a sharp edge. I spent a few hours smoothing out the cable route through gimball.

As for the connection, you cant get simpler than Pic 2, Handle-> microchip board -> USB nothing else, nothing to interfere. I have even made a JST 5 pin to JST 5 pin cable to avoid all the mini DIN connectors altogether.

I fully understand it's a young company which is still finding it's feet but making me wait for a month with total ignorance to all my emails and skype messages is just not on. After all I have paid not a small amount for it (including tax post customs)

scv_15281045191942868364621381366015.thumb.jpg.74f5612a60353b76c59dceed258c1f9f.jpg

1328459808_scv_15281049507927349453192516944625(1).thumb.jpg.522394f0e08ccd6d6ec84fe2f515b611.jpg

As you can see from the picture below a reasonable effort has been made in the base to smooth out the edges, however there are plenty of places where a cable can get trapped and pinched or even cut on a sharp edge. I spent a few hours smoothing out the cable route through gimball.

As for the connection, you cant get simpler than Pic 2, Handle-> microchip board -> USB nothing else, nothing to interfere. I have even made a JST 5 pin to JST 5 pin cable to avoid all the mini DIN connectors altogether.

I fully understand it's a young company which is still finding it's feet but making me wait for a month with total ignorance to all my emails and skype messages is just not on. After all I have paid not a small amount for it (including tax post customs)

That is disheartening, I found their support to be excellent when I was dealing with them back after getting my stick early on.

Hopefully this is an exception rather than becoming becoming the norm.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Funkman, did you use a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port? I had button problems when I used a 3.0 port. Using a 2.0 port solved it.

Used both and on different machines. Did you have the same issue? Flickering or all buttons always on?

Aren't most motherboards at least new models now with just usb 3.0? The last two moboals I've had were all USB 3.0.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Used both and on different machines. Did you have the same issue? Flickering or all buttons always on?

Yeah the symptoms were the same. I followed the quick start guide (

) and the manual and I had to use the v05 profile and a USB 2.0 port to make the buttons work properly. Before that the buttons had those symptoms and the brake axis flickered as well.

Maybe you've been unlucky with the combination of your system and the Virpil configurator software. The release of new software has been planned together with the release of other new products on the 9th of July. So instead of sending it back right now I would wait a couple of days to see if the new configurator will be released.

Edited by Banana

. A month passed nothing arrived. Zero communication. Still can't use the device............As the last try, does anyone know the way to hard reset the device? Shorting pins etc?

This is unusual with Cypher. I have had several dealing with Virpli over the last year and no issues whatsoever.... I would rate Virpil service very good albeit a bit slow in response times.

Your last about shorting 2 pins, I presume you have 'bricked' the device somehow ... there are 2 pins that you short out on boot that resets the the device to its initial state then you simply recalibrate as normal... a simple process. Cypher sent me a simple document of the process a long time ago but unfortunately I have binned it.

I have had my device apart several times and see no issues whatsoever with the build or wiring, it is a solid unit.

SIGBLOCK.png

This is unusual with Cypher. I have had several dealing with Virpli over the last year and no issues whatsoever.... I would rate Virpil service very good albeit a bit slow in response times.

Your last about shorting 2 pins, I presume you have 'bricked' the device somehow ... there are 2 pins that you short out on boot that resets the the device to its initial state then you simply recalibrate as normal... a simple process. Cypher sent me a simple document of the process a long time ago but unfortunately I have binned it.

I have had my device apart several times and see no issues whatsoever with the build or wiring, it is a solid unit.

It started fairly well but either they have been busy or something else but after multiple attempts ive had nothing since. No replacement cables either as I say. I fully support the product, thats why I bought it. And i'm prepared to do work myself as clearly evident (many wouldn't) but the fact remains I still cant use it.

Device is not bricked. It has exactly the same symptoms as when it arrived. I just wanted to reset it in a hard way just in case. Zero communication doesn't help anyone.

Disagree about the quality, clearly can be seen from my photos, sharp edges everywhere, the break in the cable is pretty evident as it broke through heatshrink. Half the screws in the handle wont screw tight after two disassemblies because they are self tappers screwed into plastic. I have gaps in between the two halfs of the handle moulds. Etc etc. Maybe ive been unlucky.

Edited by funkman

Is this issue with the test software?

I had the same issue, I found I had to load a different profile to the one I'd have though I was supposed ot use. I can't remember which, but trial and error should get you through it (if it's a calibration/set up issue int he VPC software).

Z...

Hi Funkman (I believe I'm connecting you to the right ticket!) - as mentioned on the ticket, Vitaly has sent out new electronics for you - unfortunately small packet EMS isn't the fastest at times, but it shouldn't be that far away.

I'm also happy to run through some troubleshooting directly via the ticket (and can connect via Teamviewer etc if you wish). If you're not receiving my ticket responses, please PM here!

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yesterday received my T-50 base purchased one week ago. Can't play much time yesterday, but I get the sensation that this base is a thousand times better than the Warthog one.. Is extremely precise without any extension compared with the WH with a 10 cm extension.. and the feeling of the springs going harder progressively is fantastic.

I put the no center cams and the heavy springs and I'm enjoying it a lot. The replacement of the springs can be done in 3 minutes and for the cams you need to dismount all the base but is easy to do too. The only downside I can see is the need to build a custom mount to put on my cockpit but after checking the force that need to withstand I understand why the mount is tied directly to the mechanism.

At first moment, I'm very happy with the buy.

Hi to everyone.

Im from Argentina. I ordered my system from VirPil (t-50 upgraded, bases and extensions) few weeks a go and they are in the way right now. I will use them with a warthog throttle so, when I have all the system installed Im going to upload some photos and maybe a video of the unboxing. I can't wait any more.

Im looking for some South American squadron (im a newbie in dcs) to join. Any recommendations about the VirPil or squadron?

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

Congrats on the Virpil setup, I am sure you will love it!

I have been using mine for several months on almost a daily basis, it is rock solid and oh so smooth. No telling how many hours I have on this stick now.

Be sure and post back if you have any questions when you get it set up.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

WooHoo, just received my tracking #....the wait begins!

Probably order the throttle at the end of next week.

My Dad has his eyes set firmly on my Warthog!

I ordered a MongoosT-50 on Tuesday last week and, having read all the talk about long turnaround times and packages being held at customs, I'm very surprised to see that the package is going to be delivered today!

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Do you guys get an email when things ship? Just wondering what to expect when the stuff I pre-ordered ships July 9th.

Do you guys get an email when things ship? Just wondering what to expect when the stuff I pre-ordered ships July 9th.

You should get an email...mine didn't arrive so I contacted Cyph3r who sorted it pretty quickly.

I think they are still sorting out their notification system.