Is it possible to set important functions (mixture) to axes?

I have plenty of levers and axes to use, perfect for the spitfire, but when I try to set things such as the mixture to an axes in the control options it never seems to work or register.

Is it not possible to set things like the mixture (Which is a modelled as a lever) to a lever and an axes, or am I doing something wrong?

Dont mind not having all of the levers set to axes but things like the mixture are important to be able to change quickly, and will greatly add to the immersion as they are levers anyway.

Anyone tell me if this is possible? I think I was able to set RPM to a lever, but not much else.

Many thanks

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Although some software such as Target for Thrustmaster products can assign a key press or combination to a function which includes using an axis to operate a switch. The mixture lever in DCS is kind of Full rich or kind of idle cutoff off at present.

For now I assigned that to momentary switches. DCS does not have an axis bind for mixture at present.

I remain hopeful that an Auto Lean position will appear someday as well as the ability to start it in the full rich position instead of it always flooding the engine. In my opinion over-priming should flood it more often than starting in full rich. RL flight vids would have me believe it is started full rich in reality.

I believe although I am not sure that most cruise situations would normally be in auto lean.

It is hard to say with all the conflicting internet based so called facts.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

• ED Team
Although some software such as Target for Thrustmaster products can assign a key press or combination to a function which includes using an axis to operate a switch. The mixture lever in DCS is kind of Full rich or kind of idle cutoff off at present.

For now I assigned that to momentary switches. DCS does not have an axis bind for mixture at present.

I remain hopeful that an Auto Lean position will appear someday as well as the ability to start it in the full rich position instead of it always flooding the engine. In my opinion over-priming should flood it more often than starting in full rich. RL flight vids would have me believe it is started full rich in reality.

I believe although I am not sure that most cruise situations would normally be in auto lean.

It is hard to say with all the conflicting internet based so called facts.

Bendix-Stromberg has four (later - three) fixed positions:

IDLE CUTOFF

AUTO LEAN

AUTO RICH

FULL RICH

later devices have no AUTO LEAN, and AUTO RICH was named RUN.

IDLE CUTOFF shuts down fuel injection fully, AUTO LEAN and AUTO RICH meter fuel with different strength (AUTO LEAN saves fuel at cruise but can kill engine at MIL or WEP) and FULL RI CH is very different: it meters like AUTO RICH a SL but it switches off air density correction, so as the altitude increases the mixture gets more and more rich. It is an emergency mean for the case of corrector failure.

So, the axis for the mixture is not a right solution.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Has to be a better solution than setting what is modelled in the actual plane itself as a lever to a bunch of buttons though.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Thanks @Yo-Yo. That explains things nicely.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

Has to be a better solution than setting what is modelled in the actual plane itself as a lever to a bunch of buttons though.

It is possible with your throttle if you use the Target software.

I'll make a video right directly. Even if you don't used Target, it doesn't hurt to try one thing. One would disable just that axis in DCS as well remember if you're going to use Target to assign the axis to a key.

I will put it on the incr/decr friction lever. I will add a post very soon. (an hour or less)

@Wolf8312

Thanks for the idea.

https://youtu.be/AMFYbpEGfUw