Which is the best/deadliest fighter...

fitness88

Ohhhhh boy another one of these XD

As of now, F-15 is probably the most efficient platform and the most recent model. SA and BVR-wise it outranks everything else. In WVR it lacks off-boresight SRM and might not be as good as the 27 in some circumstances, but is still very efficient.

27 and 15. 33 if it's over water. Though there really isn't a "best". Players are constantly just trying to force opponents into positions they can't fight in. 27/33 have HOBS. 18c will hopefully be able to use high alpha. 15c is sort of the king of thrust/accel.

What is a player doing? There's a plane that does that specific thing well.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Best fighter? Invariably the ones flown by the best pilots.

The best pilots are the ones that fly in a well coordinated, trained, and practiced manner. Platform differences matter, sure, but aren't the end all to the discussion, either. 8 well coordinated MiG-21s will stomp 8 F-15C scrubs every single time, for example.

The Eagle's the best "fighter" fighter though. Most offensive options while nearly always having an exit window.

Edited by Sweep
same point different wording

Lord of Salt

The best plane is the one, which is flown by the best pilot, simple...

The best pilot in DCS flying a Sopwith Camel vs a noob with 10 hours of practice in the F-15C. I want to see it.:)

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

The best pilot in DCS flying a Sopwith Camel vs a noob with 10 hours of practice in the F-15C. I want to see it.:)

Just try shooting down a P-51D with an F-15C... "should" be easy! ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Don't laugh! One of my favorite hobbies is going hog hunting in a 109 in MP :)

That way round it works, but an F-15C against a P-51D is... Let's say interesting.

Locking on missiles? And than a ultra-low speed turning fight? Boom and zoom?

Sheer luck seems to be working best. :D

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Bloody FC3 players

You can try a Mirage... Though the F-15C was interesting as the "supposed" superior fighter on paper.

I tried during a test session.

I usually fly A-10C, Huey, Gazelle and Mirage 2000C, so FC3 has not much to do with it.

The point is, radar profile, instant turn rate and heat profile of a WW II fighter is interesting against a modern Jet.

I guess most of the time they would just fight and turn until the jet needs to refuel.

A WW I plane maybe easier as you boom and zoom and may blast it away with the jet wash in full AB? :D

Shagrat

You can try a Mirage... Though the F-15C was interesting as the "supposed" superior fighter on paper.

I tried during a test session.

I usually fly A-10C, Huey, Gazelle and Mirage 2000C, so FC3 has not much to do with it.

The point is, radar profile, instant turn rate and heat profile of a WW II fighter is interesting against a modern Jet.

I guess most of the time they would just fight and turn until the jet needs to refuel.

A WW I plane maybe easier as you boom and zoom and may blast it away with the jet wash in full AB? :D

Remember the movie...The Final Countdown F-14 v. Zero, there's your scenario.

However I was referring more seriously to aircraft originally built in the 70's, like the AJS-37, M-2000C, F-15, updated in the 90's all around 4th generation by now. And of course all things being equal with the skill sets of the pilots. Getting a new module I was thinking of going more advanced than what I've been flying in FC3 [currently F-15], read what ED has to say about them but from what I've read here that's not going to be the case.

Edited by fitness88

This is a silly question.

Considering you've been on the forum since 2008 and have nearly 2000 posts, you must know that, so I have to ask: are you deliberately trying to start an antagonistic thread?

And we have a winner! ;)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

However I was referring more seriously to aircraft originally built in the 70's, like the AJS-37, M-2000C, F-15, updated in the 90's all around 4th generation by now. And of course all things being equal with the skill sets of the pilots. Getting a new module I was thinking of going more advanced than what I've been flying in FC3 [currently F-15], read what ED has to say about them but from what I've read hear that's not going to be the case.

I was always wondering why the Zeros did not just make a Barrel Roll and let the F-14 overshoot?

What is the stall speed of an F-14?

Then even above stall speed a modern jet plane would likely be not very responsive...

The movies maneuvering looks pretty much dramatized and rigged.

Shagrat

However I was referring more seriously to aircraft originally built in the 70's, like the AJS-37, M-2000C, F-15, updated in the 90's all around 4th generation by now. And of course all things being equal with the skill sets of the pilots. Getting a new module I was thinking of going more advanced than what I've been flying in FC3 [currently F-15], read what ED has to say about them but from what I've read here that's not going to be the case.

was a cool movie when it first came out.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I was always wondering why the Zeros did not just make a Barrel Roll and let the F-14 overshoot?

What is the stall speed of an F-14?

Then even above stall speed a modern jet plane would likely be not very responsive...

The movies maneuvering looks pretty much dramatized and rigged.

Remember when the zero pulled what looked like a scissor and got off a few rounds?