Mission 1 Problem 2.5.6 OB

Musicman2018

Okay, I found out you just explode out of thin air if you dont hold the formation properly. This happens in OB and in stable.

I hope this is a bug that will be fixed. Im not investing 1 hour of my time and then just die while I leave formation to cover Wolf 1 who is inspecting the first bridge. I really hope this is not by design.

Keeping formation strait out and staying at an altitude within +-100 feet tolerance is the main task in that mission. You have at least 3 shots free on any of both legs.

The explosion was not intended, it comes with one of the updates, instead, the main gearbox should fail and forces an emergency landing and the mission was failed there anyway.

Two ways to master that task. 1. Let the Autopilot fly. As mentioned over the see - just strait out.

Or 2. stay away from Wolf One and keep social distancing with a minimum of 50 meters, so the task will never be triggered.

This is the only mission with that kind of task over a longer distance :smilewink: but not the most challenging one.

We are aware of that especially helicopter specific missions, depending on a lot of the type of controls you use. They are much easier to fly with the right controls, so it's not only the pilot when something seems to be hard to accomplish. But it's the mission either.

In any case, flying a helicopter needs more training, commitment, and passion then flying around in jets.

Hop, you have fun with the next missions and in case you need some help, you may reach me faster and sometimes instantly over DISCORD.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=248270

Always happy landings ;)

The problem was not being unable to keep the formation or hold altitude. I deliberately (freiwillig/absichtlich) left the formation to cover Wolf 1 and just exploded without a warning. And I think that is just frustrating.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

The problem was not being unable to keep the formation or hold altitude. I deliberately (freiwillig/absichtlich) left the formation to cover Wolf 1 and just exploded without a warning. And I think that is just frustrating.

In that case. This is not frustrating this is Disobedience "Ungehorsam" :smilewink:

This will be with you through all Missions. If you don't follow Orders (Skript) the mission will break for sure. This is not free flight with some targets on the map :lol:

After you get the order to check the bridge the trigger is canceled. So it seems to me you missed that point for just a few seconds :pilotfly:

If you ordered to stay in formation, that means - stay in formation. This is a military simulation. You are not allowed to think for yourself. :music_whistling::smilewink:

If you told to turn right - turn right- that simple it is.:joystick:

Always happy landings ;)

Mhmkay, so in military if I make a mistake because I misinterpreted an order I am killed instantly? ;)

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

I finally managed to finish mission 1! That landing on the bridge really took me a few tries. Fun and well done mission - just the punishment for flying bad formation / altitude could be looked at imo. IRL you would maybe get a speech from your commander after the mission or have to do some punishment work. I think that would work better and also not cause so much confusion with players of this campaign.

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

• 1 month later...

This mission is way tooooo long for a game that doesn't have a save option.

I made too many things like landing on bridges, cas supports, chasing cars, landing on a frigate etc. And during last take off (probably) from the bridge to pick up my gunner, I hit a tree and died. Nobody can make me play this whole thing again. I will skip this mission and most likely I will not touch Huey for a month.

Also In a campaign that contains so many triggers and missions like this, it is not a good idea to disable the labels and map views.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

This mission is way tooooo long for a game that doesn't have a save option.

I made too many things like landing on bridges, cas supports, chasing cars, landing on a frigate etc. And during last take off (probably) from the bridge to pick up my gunner, I hit a tree and died. Nobody can make me play this whole thing again. I will skip this mission and most likely I will not touch Huey for a month.

Also In a campaign that contains so many triggers and missions like this, it is not a good idea to disable the labels and map views.

I agree that a autosave function at each landing or objective would be extremely useful.

I know baltic dragon is working on this idea for his upcoming campaign so he may be able to advise how to go about it :)

As far as I know, there is nothing disabled.

We still improve the missions and add labels on the map at the time they been needed. But until now only a few missions are improved.

At the moment we struggle with lots of issues concerning DCS 2.56 and hope ED can fix that soon so we may continue our work.

I do understand and agree that a "safe" function may be a big improvement.

When it comes to the number of tasks and the total length of the missions, that's a personal opinion.

We try to keep that in mind for upcoming missions, but I can tell right now it doesn't work with our understanding of a campaign.

What you ask for is a collection of short missions. Get there, do it, and fly back. That's exactly not what we wont to do, because it is so far from real life, as the moon from the earth.

Anyway, I am glad to see you coming back from time to time and giving the campaign a new chance.

Many thanks for your feedback and please keep going :pilotfly:

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 months later...

I would really appreciate - if it would be possible - to have an Option in the F10 Menu to skip the first part with the Frigate. I tried this mission twice, and after flying for already 90 Minutes the hard Part begins at the Bridge (or at least shortly before the Bridge with the first engagement with Ground Troops). First time I've got shot down (shit happens), and the second time I landed on the Bridge, but the Mission didn't go on. I had no clue what to do next.

So I've already invested 3 Hours of Flying Time, with absolutely no Progress, and no Challlenge (personally for me) until I arrived at the Bridge.

I really don't want to wait a third time for takeoff clearance, fly to the Frigate, wait until Wolf 1 has done it's job, return all the way back to the Airfield, and then fly into the combat Mission. This takes far too much time. It would be nice if I could simply start my Flight at the Airbase going straight into the Valley. Otherwise please split this Mission into a Flight Training Mission (flying Formation, land on a Frigate), and a second Combat Mission in the Valley.

I wos out over the wekend.

It is not that easy to split a mission.:(

I need to check the situation on the bridge, triggers get activated by AI Ground units in the zone. But at the moment Ai Groundunits are unreliable due to work in progress on the DCS Core by ED.

I will give you feedback as fast as possible. :book:

Always happy landings ;)

@ TheFlyGuy.

Finally checked the mission at the bridge. Can't find any issue.

Just to clarify what's going on at that point.

You land and disembarked your Gunner.

Then taking off and cover them while he inspects the car wrack and the outpost.

Land again when he is back on the bridge to pick him up.

Take off and follow Wolf 1 when he passes directly over you and you have visual.

There will be also a Radio call available in the F10 radio menu as long as your Gunner is inspecting the situation on the Ground to skip the triggers for taking off again in case the gunner gets lost in the forest in regard to som AI wayfinding difficulties.

You also may refer to the Mission Video

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the first mission after the third try. I had three issues:

The lorry that brings the package at the beginning seems to pass through you and through wolf one (sometimes it does some damage, sometimes not)

The cars I was following stopped some half a mile before the bridge and hid themselves in the forest (I didn't cause it by firing at them, the just stopped and hid). I did kill them after letting my gunners shoot through the trees, but this makes no sense. If I'm not mistaken your intention was to have the cars stop near the outpost so that the gunner inspects them after landing on the bridge.

I feel that the land - take off - land again sequence on that last bridge was not very clear (perhaps due to the bug (?) I had just encountered with the cars stoping and hiding in the forest?).

Well, there will always be bugs, especially for us who run open beta, but it may be worth taking a look on what I pointed out.

Ah, and take care of these typos at some point :)

Very nice first mission. Long and strict; perfect for the relatively seasoned pilots.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Just finished the first mission after the third try. I had three issues:

The lorry that brings the package at the beginning seems to pass through you and through wolf one (sometimes it does some damage, sometimes not)

The cars I was following stopped some half a mile before the bridge and hid themselves in the forest (I didn't cause it by firing at them, the just stopped and hid). I did kill them after letting my gunners shoot through the trees, but this makes no sense. If I'm not mistaken your intention was to have the cars stop near the outpost so that the gunner inspects them after landing on the bridge.

I feel that the land - take off - land again sequence on that last bridge was not very clear (perhaps due to the bug (?) I had just encountered with the cars stoping and hiding in the forest?).

Well, there will always be bugs, especially for us who run open beta, but it may be worth taking a look on what I pointed out.

Ah, and take care of these typos at some point :)

Very nice first mission. Long and strict; perfect for the relatively seasoned pilots.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Manny thanks for your feedback.

AI Groundjunits and ther way finding have lots of probblems, becaus ED is allready changing the whole thing. So it is terrible if the behave like a goast, but if they do not break the mission.... I am lucky. :smilewink:

Hope they will get this under control in 2020. It sems to be quite difficult for them to fix these problems.

Your gunnes shud shoot on the cars bevor reaching the checkpoint. But they will explode annyway (prevents the mission to stuck) so after that you have to land and your Gunner gets out.

Taking off again and provide cover for the Gunner until he is back on the bridge.

Land again and wait for WOLF 1 pasing over you.

Will check the problems mentiond and send a request to ED, so they may take care of it.

Unfortunately it is not possible to check anny mission after anny update, so i relay on you and the others reporting issues.

Have fun with mission 2 :thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

Unfortunately, I can confirm the AI problem.

The AI truck decides not to follow his waypoints and crashes in our test right into the player's Huey. :cry:

We tried to solve the problem by variating waypoints triggers and waypoint actions without effect.

We report the problem to ED and we are confident, that they solve that issue in a reasonable time.

Always happy landings ;)