nVidia driver install Cookies want to be installed too?

Hey All,

I was having a Driver issue and I went to reinstall some older drivers 425.31 and when I Uninstalled with DDU and came back to install the driver during instalation a Windows security window popped up and sai the website wants to install a Cookie..

Now in all my years of installing nvidia drivers I never had that happen, I am just wondering what is going on with this cookie installation.. I think it did the same thing with the newer drivers I wanted to install 446.31..

I downloaded the drivers from nvidia site some weeks ago so it is not like I got them from a rogue website or something..

Is everything kosher here or is this some kind of hack?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

OK I think I found out what is going on. it must have been nvidia putting this in a custom install and drops a cookie to remeber your selection..

I had a friend run through the install he had it happen too.. so no hacks ;)

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2