[CANNOT REPRODUCE]Tire noise way too loud

hazzer

Hello, whilst taking off I have notice the tire noise is so loud it drowns out the engine and prop.

I've yet to find an aircraft that i've flown in that has this irl.

This was tested with hear like headset enabled.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

I am not really experiencing this, here is a vid of a takeoff run just now:

I can run this by Nick as well as I know he approved the sounds based on his experiences, but possible something changed.

Have you tried it with the 'hear like in headset' setting enabled? That seems to be the issue.

Apologies for the poor quality audio, but you can hear the tire noise over everything at the start, the noise goes away as soon as i'm in the air.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Hmm,

very odd. I have attached my settings, pretty much the same.

I am wondering if there is a larger issue going on here. In multiplayer I was taxing when I could hear an Idling CEII over the p47 which is obviously not correct. Are you on the Open beta or a private test branch?

It seems like we have very different sound experiences currently.

Screen_200716_220747.thumb.png.ed7a42236e4cb59d0d93fceefd12d11f.png

Edited by hazzer

Can you see them in the screenshot? I know it shows hear like in headset not checked but that was just me testing.

Not really sure that any of them make that much difference since world just controls external view and in cockpit is the only one that has that effect. Although it can also be heard loud outside for me.

Must be something different in the actual file structure, maybe some incorrect sounds or the sound config in there.

I have no sound mods on of course.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to say that I noticed a lot of noise when I landed, I thought I was crawling on the nacelle and that maybe the wheels of the trolley had not descended correctly but no, the noise of the tires on the asphalt is only very high and it's not really what one expects to hear. I recommend listening to the noise again and if it doesn't seem right to try to change it. It seems the sound of a landing with punctured wheels or even without tires. Anyway I try again, these have been my impressions of the first landing and I intend to try again.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My dream: DCS Tornado

I wanted to say that I noticed a lot of noise when I landed, I thought I was crawling on the nacelle and that maybe the wheels of the trolley had not descended correctly but no, the noise of the tires on the asphalt is only very high and it's not really what one expects to hear. I recommend listening to the noise again and if it doesn't seem right to try to change it. It seems the sound of a landing with punctured wheels or even without tires. Anyway I try again, these have been my impressions of the first landing and I intend to try again.

Yeah it is very noticeable on landing.

Fyi i have had a complete pc reinstall and the noise is still there.

• 1 month later...

Hello?

Any fix for this, I see it has been marked as cannot reproduce. Simply turn hear like in helmet on in the p47 and you will see the issue.

• 3 weeks later...
I've told you already that I tried as you stated, and it doesn't reproduce as you suggest, sorry.

So how can I fix this issue then? I have verified installs and given evidence. It clearly shouldn't sound like that.

It is true, that with P-47's engine sounds being more quiet compared to other DCS warbirds, tyre sounds are relatively louder. It's most noticeable with canopy closed and during landing. It's a design choice then and reinstalling won't help.

That being said, the tyre sound on hazzer's vid on page 3 seems to be more pronounced than on my config. I wonder if hardware differences might be the culprit.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

It is true, that with P-47's engine sounds being more quiet compared to other DCS warbirds, tyre sounds are relatively louder. It's most noticeable with canopy closed and during landing. It's a design choice then and reinstalling won't help.

That being said, the tyre sound on hazzer's vid on page 3 seems to be more pronounced than on my config. I wonder if hardware differences might be the culprit.

Do you have hear like in helmet enabled?

Thats the only thing I have enabled that I can imagine would make it even more prominent

Do you have hear like in helmet enabled?

Thats the only thing I have enabled that I can imagine would make it even more prominent

No, I don't use this option. Turned it on only once to perfom a takeoff and landing for comparison with your video, but results were inconclusive (wanted to check if the tyre noise is affected by the helmet option at all, and yes, it seems to be). I think the difference was a bit less prominent on my config, but would have to test more. In audio options I've got all non-music related sliders at 100% except for "general" at 80%.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team
Yeah it is very noticeable on landing.

Download Sounds.zip

Extract it to c:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS folder

Find c:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Sounds\sdef\WheelSlide.sdef

and change the last line as you wish. I changed it for you: gain = 0.5

Default DCS value was: gain = 1.2.

It is the volume of the noise of the tires. Thanks

Edited by btd
  • Like 1

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

• 4 weeks later...

Purchased and took it for a ride.

First thing I noticed was low level of engine noise in relation to tires rolling on the tarmac. Quite literally as my ear would be attached inches away from tire.

Probably increasing engine sound value would fix it, further investigation in progress.

• ED Team
Purchased and took it for a ride.

First thing I noticed was low level of engine noise in relation to tires rolling on the tarmac. Quite literally as my ear would be attached inches away from tire.

Probably increasing engine sound value would fix it, further investigation in progress.

Luckily we have Mr. Grey as a boss and has had plenty of experience in the P-47, as far as I am aware, the sounds were approved by him especially engine levels. When I get a chance I will ask him about it again, and give him a sample of the current version. Thanks.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Download [ATTACH]249427[/ATTACH]

Extract it to c:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS folder

Find c:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Sounds\sdef\WheelSlide.sdef

and change the last line as you wish. I changed it for you: gain = 0.5

Default DCS value was: gain = 1.2.

It is the volume of the noise of the tires. Thanks

Thanks :) Couldn't find this folder there till I extracted it. Assume that is correct?

Edit: Doesnt seem to sound any different for me

• ED Team

Thanks :) Couldn't find this folder there till I extracted it. Assume that is correct?

Edit: Doesnt seem to sound any different for me

"C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\DCS" should be there. It is created by DCS. And inside it you have to create "Sounds\sdef" to modify sdefs.

Maybe you have selected another user's folder?

And try to edit this file "c:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Sounds\sdef\WheelSlide.sdef" and set gain = 0

This way you completely remove this sound from the game and hear the difference.

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)