Kashmir map ?

davidtsw

According to Wiki:

IAF operates the Mirage 2000, MiG 21 bis and the Mi-8, all of which we already have. They also have the upgraded version of the MiG 29s so that's another option, especially in case we ever get this version in DCS.

PAF flies the F-16C, the Huey - both available, the Mirage III being developed by Razbam and the JF-17 which Deka Ironworks is making.

That's 3 aircraft for the Indian side (possibly 4) vs 2 for Pakistan (up to 4 when they're ready). Sounds sweet to me.

The map itself is definitely doable in terms of size and terrain features. Looks like 400x500 km would be more than enough. Mostly mountains with no massive cities. Nothing DCS isn't capable of.

What are your thoughts ?

• Like 1

It would be cool!

Provided two things - graphical fidelity outpacing Caucasus map mountains and second,

and Pakistani and Indian asset pack with corresponding 3d models and liveries for AI ground and air units.

Frankly, each new terrain should be treated this way.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It would be cool!

Provided two things - graphical fidelity outpacing Caucasus map mountains and second,

and Pakistani and Indian asset pack with corresponding 3d models and liveries for AI ground and air units.

Absolutely agree

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 3 weeks later...
It would be cool!

Agreed 100%

There is so much scope for AI in DCS! And creating new AI assets can open doors for Assets of other countries and factions too!

Edited by carss

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
According to Wiki:

IAF operates the Mirage 2000, MiG 21 bis and the Mi-8, all of which we already have. They also have the upgraded version of the MiG 29s so that's another option, especially in case we ever get this version in DCS.

PAF flies the F-16C, the Huey - both available, the Mirage III being developed by Razbam and the JF-17 which Deka Ironworks is making.

That's 3 aircraft for the Indian side (possibly 4) vs 2 for Pakistan (up to 4 when they're ready). Sounds sweet to me.

The map itself is definitely doable in terms of size and terrain features. Looks like 400x500 km would be more than enough. Mostly mountains with no massive cities. Nothing DCS isn't capable of.

What are your thoughts ?

Don't forget, PAF also flew the Sabre, and the IAF the Mig-21, both of which were the main players during the 65 and 71 war. This also gives the opportunity for new aircraft like the Hawker Hunter, Foland Gnat, Lockheed F-104!

57-1312.jpg

1633612-large.jpg

1306336d1415288135-indian-aviation-hal-ajeet-folland-gnat-mk-ii-edit-1965-war-iaf-documentary-page-6-9-ajeet-tarmac-1976-entering-service.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

Kashmir would be a good choice. Interestingly, there are many assets already represented in DCS, and althought I agree maps should come with relevant assets, it's not like you can't do anything with it currently at least in the air. I fear some might not understand what to do with it though.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Kashmir would be a good choice. Interestingly, there are many assets already represented in DCS, and althought I agree maps should come with relevant assets, it's not like you can't do anything with it currently at least in the air. I fear some might not understand what to do with it though.

Welp it would always drive people to doing more research and seeing what DCS already has, and how they can replicate it in DCS using what they have. It'll also drive dev teams to develop more modules or more assets, therefore making the game more immersive and playable.

Not to mention adding assets to one map for a certain faction might just fill the need for another faction in another map too

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's happened before, folks jump up and say daft things like, "where the hell are the Marianas" and it makes me sad that scenarios are limited to.... "has an American Airbase" and then it goes further and ends up into a very sad situation where the majority of orders for a product come form a group of folk with very restricted tastes only involving their own country because they cant immerse in someone else's conflict (unless they are somehow freeing them), which is a constant issue for a niche product that provents the more ecclectic and interesting scenarios from being virtually fought out.

Personally I think the Ethiopian-Somalian Ogaden war offers the best use of existing assets at the best stage of development, and a fantastic way to use F-5's, Mig-21's, even Sabres in a cold war proxy conflict where both sides switched by the end of the regime. But it's always the wrong variant of aircraft for something simulated authentically.

Welp it would always drive people to doing more research and seeing what DCS already has, and how they can replicate it in DCS using what they have. It'll also drive dev teams to develop more modules or more assets, therefore making the game more immersive and playable.

Not to mention adding assets to one map for a certain faction might just fill the need for another faction in another map too

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

It's happened before, folks jump up and say daft things like, "where the hell are the Marianas" and it makes me sad that scenarios are limited to.... "has an American Airbase" and then it goes further and ends up into a very sad situation where the majority of orders for a product come form a group of folk with very restricted tastes only involving their own country because they cant immerse in someone else's conflict (unless they are somehow freeing them), which is a constant issue for a niche product that provents the more ecclectic and interesting scenarios from being virtually fought out.

Personally I think the Ethiopian-Somalian Ogaden war offers the best use of existing assets at the best stage of development, and a fantastic way to use F-5's, Mig-21's, even Sabres in a cold war proxy conflict where both sides switched by the end of the regime. But it's always the wrong variant of aircraft for something simulated authentically.

I guess it's all about getting creative, but people also like the realism aspect, which is why they make campaigns and servers around those scenarios

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

As an Indian myself, I would love it, if we could get the upgraded MiG 21 Bis(which is an upgrade) and the MiG 29 UPG(also upgraded version), and the SU-30 MKI and the Mirage 2000 I/TI(also upgraded version!), the Rafale EH/DH. The map could also include Ladakh if possible.

Edited by TheMightyMirage

On 9/9/2019 at 1:32 AM, Gierasimov said:

It would be cool!

I agree 100%

Edited by TheFurryTiger