What happened to PLAT camera view?

bolek

LAlt-F9 used so show PLAT camera view (on Stennis at least) but now it shows LSO view.

I cannot find any binding for the PLAT view. Is it gone???

Thanks

Last I heard the platcam mods no longer work. SC will have it’s own platcam on the LSO platform (which is why platcam view is now on the LSO platform) but does not currently work on the Stennis.

F/A-18C Hornet, i9 9900K OC 5.0G, 1TB Intel 660 M.2 SSD, Z390 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, GeForce RTX 2080TI, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T-Rudder, Oculus Rift S, Open Wheeler GEN2 Sim Chair w/ Warthog Upgrade.

Do you use a carrier Mod?

No

Last I heard the platcam mods no longer work. SC will have it’s own platcam on the LSO platform (which is why platcam view is now on the LSO platform) but does not currently work on the Stennis.

I am not asking about the mod. Platcam used to be built-in. It was very basic, with no info overlay (not even the center cross or rectangle) and no controls. But it was there.

I can confirm the PLAT cam has been replaced with a camera on the LSO platform. The position appears to be hard-coded into the sim because:

1. Changing the coordinates in the Stennis .lua file has no effect

2. The camera ends up over the water--in roughly the same position as the CVN LSO platform--on both the Tarawa and Kuzetsnov.

No

I am not asking about the mod. Platcam used to be built-in. It was very basic, with no info overlay (not even the center cross or rectangle) and no controls. But it was there.

Ok, maybe I did not explain that well. I’ll try again. The platcam view (Lalt+F9) is still built in but has been moved to the LSO platform. When SC is released, or sometime there after, you will see an actual platcam view on the monitor on the LSO platform.

Another option if you like the old view. Park your plane on the patio and use F2 cam. Position yourself on or around the 4 wire and look aft. Easy to do with VR or TIR. I thank that’s the only option at the moment. Anybody know of another way?

F/A-18C Hornet, i9 9900K OC 5.0G, 1TB Intel 660 M.2 SSD, Z390 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, GeForce RTX 2080TI, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T-Rudder, Oculus Rift S, Open Wheeler GEN2 Sim Chair w/ Warthog Upgrade.

F9 gives you the view of the carrier (and other boats if pressed again). Mouse around until you get to the Crotch and adjust your view until your nose touches the edge of the boat at the angle's centerline. Don't touch the mouse again (or the view will move) and pause your TrackIr. I don't know if you can pause your VR view.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Another option if you like the old view. Park your plane on the patio and use F2 cam. Position yourself on or around the 4 wire and look aft. Easy to do with VR or TIR. I thank that’s the only option at the moment. Anybody know of another way?

This works well on a calm sea but not so well with a pitching deck.

In this case, you can use the F4 camera and Rctrl+Rshit+Numpad keys to move the camera around.

It's slow and the view wont be saved if you switch to another camera but it allows for precise camera placement and, assuming your aircrat is parked on the deck, the camera will be synced with the pitching deck.

note: in order to move the F4 camera with the numpad keys, you need to be spawned in an aircraft, it wont work if you are a spectator.

This works well on a calm sea but not so well with a pitching deck.

In this case, you can use the F4 camera and Rctrl+Rshit+Numpad keys to move the camera around.

It's slow and the view wont be saved if you switch to another camera but it allows for precise camera placement and, assuming your aircrat is parked on the deck, the camera will be synced with the pitching deck.

note: in order to move the F4 camera with the numpad keys, you need to be spawned in an aircraft, it wont work if you are a spectator.

Very cool Eight Ball! I didn’t notice because we’re usually on calm seas, lol.