M2000 and Harrier VR Controls

waldorf

Hi

Can you tell me if the Harrier and Mirage flying controls will be usable with Oculus Touch hand controllers in the future?.

Most other switches work fine, so would be good to have the full suite.

Would it also be possible to have a rudder control mapped to the left hand Oculus Touch thumb stick?.

Thanks for listening. :thumbup:

Thanks Fusedspine33, yes, I have been following the progress of Point CTRL and it looks impressive.

During these times of lockdown and deliberately forgetting to buy paint I have set myself a goal to go hardware free... casting my trusty Sidewinder FF2 aside and going VR total.

I am having a lot of success using Oculus Rift and the virtual joystick plugin for Voiceattack. I control rudder inputs for ground steering by voice.

F18 carrier landings and aeros in the Yak 52 are excellent fun, sadly my two fave planes, the M2000 and Harrier are unusable until VR control is available for stick and throttle.

Another bonus for VR control is no joystick lag and I can stand up and fly thus getting exercise and relieving the st giles.

If anyone is interested in trying it or needs help just ask.

Thanks for listening

• Like 1

Maybe if you only want to fly, any combat activities or advanced system usage is going to require actual controls with lots of programmable buttons. And from a VR perspective, holding an actual flight stick in your hand with resistance buttons, etc is a lot more immersive than an imaginary stick with no physical feed back that feels nothing like a stick.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

“A man is nothing without dreams. A man is called idiot while he dreams. Whatever he does, he'll be judged and thrown away from the circle of clowns. And yet he needs acceptance and security from sick society, which is discriminatory far too often. But a man is blinded by other people opinions. He wants to fly and they say, “You moron, you can't do that, it's forbidden, it's stupid.” And a man gives up on his dreams.”

― Asper Blurry, Train to the Edge of the Moon

If you can use Oculus Touch controllers as stick and throttle, I don't think it will have anything to do with the module you are flying. Support for the Oculus Touch controllers will be through DCS above all else.

If RAZBAM has a device-bind defined, you will be able to assign it to a Touch button to it.

If DCS emulates Touch motion as analog stick and/or throttle input, you will be able to assign it to an axis RAZBAM has provided for assigning a stick or throttle lever to as well.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Hi,

It seems to be module /maker specific: All the DCS modules I have work ok with stick and throttle, the F16 has recently been fixed with throttle movement.

The two third party makers I have modules from e.g. Razbam and Aviojet don't have stick and throttle movement with Touch controllers.

Stay safe.

• 11 months later...
On 3/31/2020 at 10:26 AM, waldorf said:

Thanks Fusedspine33, yes, I have been following the progress of Point CTRL and it looks impressive.

During these times of lockdown and deliberately forgetting to buy paint I have set myself a goal to go hardware free... casting my trusty Sidewinder FF2 aside and going VR total.

I am having a lot of success using Oculus Rift and the virtual joystick plugin for Voiceattack. I control rudder inputs for ground steering by voice.

F18 carrier landings and aeros in the Yak 52 are excellent fun, sadly my two fave planes, the M2000 and Harrier are unusable until VR control is available for stick and throttle.

Another bonus for VR control is no joystick lag and I can stand up and fly thus getting exercise and relieving the st giles.

If anyone is interested in trying it or needs help just ask.

Thanks for listening

100% behind you, Yak is frickin awesome.

Im with you, and always behind full VRTController support.