No in cockpit mouse or headset cursor

Thorvald

Just coming back to DCS after a year or so off and now have a fresh install with a brand new rift S. Wow what a difference in readability with this thing compared to the CV1.

Disabled the hand controllers that was driving me nuts but still have mouse enabled. For some strange reason I’m not getting the mouse in the cockpit to be able to click on buttons. At least the cursor does not appear, if I move it around buttons to randomly highlight but not in any really organized fashion.

If I turn on the dreaded hand controllers they work fine and I can click buttons. But as I understand if I leave that enabled you lose mouse control so I leave it disabled.

Mouse works fine in any on screen menus and anywhere else just no in-cockpit cursor.

Has something changed in the past year or two?

I remember with my original rift CV1 I was able to turn on a headset cursor so I could just look at the switch and click a button on my HOTAS I can’t seem to get that working anymore either.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Tim

System: Win10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 MB, Intel i& 8700K, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 16GB, PNY NVidia 1070 GTX, Corsair MP500 & MP600 SSD, Soundblaster Audigy Rx, CM Mastercase H500P, Oculus Rift S, TM Warthogs.

Yes, happens everytime. Tried in game to turn off and on Hand Controllers and Mouse etc, no joy.

Only item I found on the board was an older post about the mouse getting out of the window on the desktop which caused it to get lost in the cockpit, so I'll mess around with that today.

I've also tried the Alt-Enter full screen for the mirror on desktop but no luck.

Since this is a fairly new PC and new install (of DCS non-Steam), I'm sure it'll be some Nvidia setting or missing setting in DCS but damned if I can find it lol.

Cheers

Tim

System: Win10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 MB, Intel i& 8700K, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 16GB, PNY NVidia 1070 GTX, Corsair MP500 & MP600 SSD, Soundblaster Audigy Rx, CM Mastercase H500P, Oculus Rift S, TM Warthogs.

Thanks all, the clue about the mouse needing to be "in the DCS Window" when entering the plane seems to be it.

I'm using A10C at present and last night I was able to get the mouse cursor. I made very sure it was within the window of DCS before starting a mission and this time I had the cross-hair cursor in cockpit.

I'll experiment a bit more but it looks like I can solve it for now.

Cheers

Tim

• 1 month later...
Thanks all, the clue about the mouse needing to be "in the DCS Window" when entering the plane seems to be it.

I'm using A10C at present and last night I was able to get the mouse cursor. I made very sure it was within the window of DCS before starting a mission and this time I had the cross-hair cursor in cockpit.

I'll experiment a bit more but it looks like I can solve it for now.

Cheers

Tim

I am having this same problem but not sure of the fix you are describing. I have a yellow cross for the mouse cursor but it doesn't change when I move it over the controls.

I have the F16, F18, F5E and the F86 Sabre.

Edited by msmith301