Nevada kneeboard maps dont work in VR

Fisherman82

Mine work fine in both those maps.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

No one that can tell me if their kneeboard maps work in VR for Nevada and Persian Gulf?

Mine works fine in Persian Gulf.

Have not tried Nevada.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Are you running any mods?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Here is my problem

Looks like you’re running some kind of mod.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

No I removed all mods and did a repair on DCS but that did not help.

That image is not from a mod, its from DCS itself. You may see it flash by when you are flipping pages, its like a loading screen between pages. But in my case the maps never load in Nevada and Persian Gulf, only in Caucassus. And only in VR, it works if I stop the Oculus service and use the monitor instead.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Sorry, no idea then. I have never seen that screen before.

Always got this screen by using custom kneeboards with the kneeboard builder. The loading screen appears on my side, when switching from the default kneeboard files to the custom files. It only hangs at flipping from one page to another - after pressing a few times the "next page" button flipping finally works and from that point by regular one hit to flip through the custom kneeboard pages.

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

Ok, thats the opposite of me then, I only have custom files in my saved games kneeboard folder. And those work well, but the autogenerated maps with the flightpath never loads in VR, only on the monitor.

Not sure why, but I use the Kneeboard Builder with a custom kneeboard in VR and all works fine on my end.

Don B

After some more testing, I did the following findings:

Caucassus is not ok either, it worked only because I used Viggen there and Hornet in the others.

So after testing all my aircraft I see its not terrain related but aircraft related.

It works for all aircraft exept EDs Hornet and Viper.

Do they use some different way of showing the kneeboard maps in VR compared to the other aircraft?

Can some moderator rename and perhaps move this thread? Since the tread is about kneeboard maps with flight plan not beeing shown in the Oculus Rift S for ED Hornet and Viper modules only and it works for Razbam and Heatblur aircraft aswell as on monitor?

Maybe the issue appears, as I got DCS installed on D:/ drive and some kneeboard files are somewhere saved on c:/. I don´t know...

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

After more investigating, and a DCS cleanup followed by a DCS repair again I have found the cause of the problem, however no solution.

The reason for my problem is that I had many pages of checklist in my Saved Games\Kneeboard folder for the Viper and Hornet. More than my other aircraft. This causes the kneeboard maps not to generate in VR in my Rift S. When I removed all but one page it worked. So somewhere between 1 and 300 pages there is a limit, unknown where, only way to know is to put on and of the Rift S and start and shut down DCS 300 times to try where it is.

Unless ED could give a hint for where the limit for number of Saved Games\Kneeboard goes for the maps to generate in VR.

After more investigating, and a DCS cleanup followed by a DCS repair again I have found the cause of the problem, however no solution.

The reason for my problem is that I had many pages of checklist in my Saved Games\Kneeboard folder for the Viper and Hornet. More than my other aircraft. This causes the kneeboard maps not to generate in VR in my Rift S. When I removed all but one page it worked. So somewhere between 1 and 300 pages there is a limit, unknown where, only way to know is to put on and of the Rift S and start and shut down DCS 300 times to try where it is.

Unless ED could give a hint for where the limit for number of Saved Games\Kneeboard goes for the maps to generate in VR.

That is a lot of pages.

I have mine segmented into several sections, and load only a handful into the Kneeboard Builder at a time. I just load up the ones I think I may be referencing during my session.

Don B

I injected the whole checklist I found on the internet. The one for for the Harrier i deleted some pages of stuff that wont be used in DCS, thats 229 pages now and that works. For the Hornet and Viper I did not do that and got more pages, I have done some cleaning now of stuff that wont be used but I have not tried again.

But it would be interesting to know why it works on the monitor but not in VR with 300 pages, there must be some memory that runs out or something

That is a lot of pages.

I have mine segmented into several sections, and load only a handful into the Kneeboard Builder at a time. I just load up the ones I think I may be referencing during my session.

Did the same and split chuck´s guides into 4 to 7 separate chapter, depending on the module, to load into the kneeboard.

When not splitting the .pdf files up, they don´t show as a whole in the kneeboard, only approx 70 pages.

Guess sooner or later someone has to have a look into it, as it seems some cache for the kneeboard files is very limited.