VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

and you have the active sound device set as Headphones (Rift Audio) in the Windows tray?

Edit: ahh, I've disabled those virtual sound devices and just use Headphones (Rift Audio) and Microphone (Rift Audio). I couldn't get the virtual ones to work, so just hid them

Virtual ones? Like those Steam uses for streaming? They give me grief sometimes. Hehe

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hello maxsenna thanks for answering, when I tell jester to enable grid que doesn’t do nothing just answers, útil I tell him map marker 0 to grid he activates the nav grid, and from then on he doesn’t change coverage, absolute heading, nor center on aircraft, he answers all commands but don’t do the requested thigs.

Hello maxsenna thanks for answering, when I tell jester to enable grid que doesn’t do nothing just answers, útil I tell him map marker 0 to grid he activates the nav grid, and from then on he doesn’t change coverage, absolute heading, nor center on aircraft, he answers all commands but don’t do the requested thigs.
Well at least the commands through MS Speech works then.

Don't have the Tomcat myself, so I can't test. Sorry.

Hi,

I am having the same issue with the latest release of voice attack and viacom pro.

Not sure which one causes the problem.

DCS is stuck on 10% and I need to keep "repairing" it all the time.

What is the right solution for it?

OK, then this is not a problem for you. If you would have bought and installed Garmin N430, VAICOM FAQ recommends to turn it off / disable it in the DCS module manager (the square on top, made of 9 small squares). It CAN cause problems, not necessarily for everyone tough.

I am a brand new user to both Voice Attack and VAICOM, and am having some problems. I got these and am working on setting them up preparing for the Super Carrier module that is going to need some additional radio comms at potentially inopportune times to navigate the radio menus.

We have a 2 year old and exhausted wife at home, combined with the oddities of "social distancing" life, have not exhaustively troubleshooted this. I installed VA and then the VAICOM (including AIRIO and Chatter) plugins before starting DCS. VA was still running (I believe it's supposed to be). DCS will not load to the main menu. The opening splash screen progress bar stops at 10%.

I did a cleanup and then repair of DCS, which removed only the two LUA's from VA and VAICOM, and DCS starts normally.

In another thread I was advised about the OB and DCS path options, so I selected these, and stupidly the VSPX option (only test one variable at a time, right?), and had the same hang up issue. I have cleaned up and repaired DCS, but have not experimented further yet due to time.

Could anyone suggest any further course of action?

I am a brand new user to both Voice Attack and VAICOM, and am having some problems. I got these and am working on setting them up preparing for the Super Carrier module that is going to need some additional radio comms at potentially inopportune times to navigate the radio menus.

We have a 2 year old and exhausted wife at home, combined with the oddities of "social distancing" life, have not exhaustively troubleshooted this. I installed VA and then the VAICOM (including AIRIO and Chatter) plugins before starting DCS. VA was still running (I believe it's supposed to be). DCS will not load to the main menu. The opening splash screen progress bar stops at 10%.

I did a cleanup and then repair of DCS, which removed only the two LUA's from VA and VAICOM, and DCS starts normally.

In another thread I was advised about the OB and DCS path options, so I selected these, and stupidly the VSPX option (only test one variable at a time, right?), and had the same hang up issue. I have cleaned up and repaired DCS, but have not experimented further yet due to time.

Could anyone suggest any further course of action?

Try to manually select the path to Open Beta again. Even if you did it correct the first time. And even if you have checked the OB check box.

I have to do this after every clean up and repair, and after every OB update.

Hope this helps.

Try to manually select the path to Open Beta again. Even if you did it correct the first time. And even if you have checked the OB check box.

I have to do this after every clean up and repair, and after every OB update.

Hope this helps.

I might have missed it, but I didn't see these options mentioned in the manual. So I want to check. For the DCS/Open Beta path, I am selecting the root folder for DCS, correct? Or is there a specific .exe or folder I need to find. Just thinking in reference to FSX/P3D which is looking for the P3D.exe file location.

I might have missed it, but I didn't see these options mentioned in the manual. So I want to check. For the DCS/Open Beta path, I am selecting the root folder for DCS, correct? Or is there a specific .exe or folder I need to find. Just thinking in reference to FSX/P3D which is looking for the P3D.exe file location.
Yes.

Eagle Dynamics\DCS.OpenBeta

Hi,

I am trying to send some command to my wingman - following the basic suggestions in the manual.

I am unable to send any commands to the wingman nor to the flight.

I'm not that familiar with wingman commands.

I am flying one of the default mission and i have a wingman.

My comm is NOT set to easy.

Do i need to set a specific frequency for my wingman? if yes how can it know it?

Will these commands work for any wingman or does the mission builder has to enable something?

Thanks

Most, if not all, of the built in missions I've flown have had the flight comms frequency already dialled in, so you will just need to press the correct PTT button to speak to your wingman/wingmen.

There is a full list of commands in the manual, but some you might use are:-

"2, engage bandit(s)"

"flight, engage infantry with guns"

"flight, close formation"

"flight, rejoin"

"3, return to base"

"flight, anchor here"

"flight, jettison stores"

"flight, go echelon right"

"2, engage AAA with missiles"

I won't try to cover them all, but it is worth pointing out that you will need to put a slight pause between the id of the person/persons you are aiming your command at and what you want them to do.

Hay Grayman,

I tried several times telling #3 to attack something with something (waiting for the beep signaling "recepient identified, go ahead with command"), but every time VA translated it into Flight commands, so both wingmen acknowledged. I'm I doing something wrong?

Yeah, it's weird. Maybe I'll have a look to see if I reproduce on a different setup/system.

For those who can't redirect audio, this might help or maybe shed light on a bug.

I found by accident that if I select the -next- audio device after the one I want to redirect to, I can get it to work perfectly. I have 8 audio output options, so maybe it's a problem with how vaicom indexes those. Just a guess.

Gotta say.. Vaicom Pro is -awesome-. I finally got it yesterday and took up the tomcat in VR with AIRIO. I'll never go back to menus. It's really better than I could have imagined.

ASUS Z390 / Intel i7-9700K / 32 GB DDR4 / 1080Ti / HP Reverb 2 / Thrustmaster WH&TPR

Heath and Allen Zedi8 / TrackIR / Momo USB monitor / Akai MPD218

Hey Hollywood My F10 menu commands seem to be out of sync ie It gives the correct output in voice attack yet triggers the wrong F10 command in game. Is there some way to reset it? and get it back in sync. I should have mentioned this is on a MP server.

Edited by PeneCruz